ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation as Irish spouse need Help! about Documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ghsherazi
India

Applying for Citizenship as Spouse Of an Irish National

Post by ghsherazi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:25 am

Hi All
i am new on the site this is really Helpful for all of us Thanks Admin
my Question is that i am going to apply for citizenship as a spouse of Irish national completed 3 year residency
i have all document which is required i am full time employee and my wife is too
i just need to know how much time it will take for my application because i have all document ready to submit which is better way to apply myself or by solicitors please need advice
specially i need advice from Mal111 and broli because i read their messages which is really helpful
Thanks all

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Applying for Citizenship as Spouse Of an Irish National

Post by chaoclive » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:08 pm

ghsherazi wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:25 am
Hi All
i am new on the site this is really Helpful for all of us Thanks Admin
my Question is that i am going to apply for citizenship as a spouse of Irish national completed 3 year residency
i have all document which is required i am full time employee and my wife is too
i just need to know how much time it will take for my application because i have all document ready to submit which is better way to apply myself or by solicitors please need advice
specially i need advice from Mal111 and broli because i read their messages which is really helpful
Thanks all
There's no way for anyone to say exactly how long the application will take. It took my partner 7 months to get the approval letter. We are both employed full-time but we live in NI. They say that the average is about 6 months and they're quite good at giving updates (by email) about how things are progressing.

Why not submit the application as soon as you have all the documents and have met the full 3 year requirement?

I don't see what a solicitor can add to the process. We only used a solicitor to sign/witness the declarations and passport photos.

together_2017
Mood:
Ireland

Post by together_2017 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi,

Just curious for future same case spouse of irish citizen after 3years when its about to apply for citizenship, is it a requirement that non eu has to be on a full time employment for 3years ?
As i m on part time atm 20H+ thu. Will that be a problem ?

Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:41 pm

together_2017 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:55 pm
Hi,

Just curious for future same case spouse of irish citizen after 3years when its about to apply for citizenship, is it a requirement that non eu has to be on a full time employment for 3years ?
As i m on part time atm 20H+ thu. Will that be a problem ?

Thanks
No; you don't have to be in employment at all actually. That doesn't determine eligibility. Part-time work won't be a problem!

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Thanks chaoclive for your reply &Advice yes i checked my residency online which is Green light from both parts.
could you please tell me when did you apply for your Partner for naturalization & which month you got approval
Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:54 pm

ghsherazi wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:09 pm
Thanks chaoclive for your reply &Advice yes i checked my residency online which is Green light from both parts.
could you please tell me when did you apply for your Partner for naturalization & which month you got approval
Thanks

We applied in August 2017 and received the approval in February 2018. It was on the basis of being in a civil partnership with an Irish citizen living in Northern Ireland.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Thanks chaoclive for helpping me
when you applied for your Partner you submit with your application 3 years address on both names you and your partner or just on yours name
Thanks

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Grendels » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:30 pm

ghsherazi wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:41 pm
when you applied for your Partner you submit with your application 3 years address on both names you and your partner or just on yours name
Thanks
As stated in form 8 citizenship application form, the requirement is for "Copies of three different proofs of residence in the island of Ireland for both applicant and spouse/civil partner
for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address."

This means either 3 documents for each month that shows both your names on, or if you don't have that, separate documents that show each of your names for that period of time.

While I agree with @chaoclive that a solicitor is not really required, you might want to consider getting a solicitor or someone you trust, who is detail-oriented, to check that you are submitting all the required documentation, etc. If you're not confident in interpreting the requirements, you will probably save yourself some trouble down the line if it turns out you've not filled out everything or submitted everything correctly.

Mind you, even if you do that, that is no guarantee they won't ask you for additional documents anyway. :wink: For my application (also based on marriage to Irish national), I was asked for a document I'd already sent to them and another document that hadn't been mentioned anywhere as required.

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Grendels » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Grendels wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:30 pm
ghsherazi wrote:
Thanks
As stated in form 8 citizenship application form, the requirement is for "Copies of three different proofs of residence in the island of Ireland for both applicant and spouse/civil partner
for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address."
Sorry, I see I misread that, I believe you're actually referring to "Evidence of residency permission i.e. your passport(s) showing residency permission stamps for a period of 1 year immediately prior to the application and a further 2 years in the 4 year period before that, equalling 3 years in total, or alternatively proof of residence in the island of Ireland for this period. Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing your name and address and date of issue i.e. mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage cagreement, social welfare, letter from employment, etc."

That part is just for the applicant's proof.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:04 am

Grendels wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:30 pm
ghsherazi wrote:
Thanks

This means either 3 documents for each month that shows both your names on, or if you don't have that, separate documents that show each of your names for that period of time.

While I agree with @chaoclive that a solicitor is not really required, you might want to consider getting a solicitor or someone you trust, who is detail-oriented, to check that you are submitting all the required documentation, etc. If you're not confident in interpreting the requirements, you will probably save yourself some trouble down the line if it turns out you've not filled out everything or submitted everything correctly.

Mind you, even if you do that, that is no guarantee they won't ask you for additional documents anyway. :wink: For my application (also based on marriage to Irish national), I was asked for a document I'd already sent to them and another document that hadn't been mentioned anywhere as required.
Grendels@
Thanks for reply if you dont mind could you please tell me what kinda Document they asked you for which was not mentioned in the form i m just asking for maybe in feature they may ask to me
Thanks

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Grendels » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:05 pm

@ghsherazi: They asked for a copy of the document used for identification purposes on the spousal declaration (or civil partner declaration). i.e. the identity page of the passport, national identity card, or travel document, etc.

ghsherazi
India

Naturalisation as Irish spouse need Help! about Documents

Post by ghsherazi » Wed May 02, 2018 12:05 am

Hi All
I apply naturalisation on18 Feb I got acknowledgement letter on 27 April but they asked me to submit more documents 2015 to 2016 bank statement, my wife birth certificate,I have all these documents ready, but they asked me to submit
more utility bills I already submitted three different proof of address each three years which is PRTB Letters, Landload letters revenue letters, electricity bills,but they asked me to submit 2 more utility bills but I have just only one utility bill which is my electricity bill that is I already submit for three years
Could you please help me out what can I do if I don’t have any more uitility bills except electricity bills.
Thanks for Advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation as Irish spouse need Help! about Documents

Post by CR001 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:54 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation as Irish spouse need Help! about Documents

Post by Grendels » Wed May 02, 2018 12:21 pm

If you don't have any other utility bills, perhaps you could try submitting some other types of bills e.g. for TV license, waste collection, and include a note stating you don't have a gas bill or phone bill, only electricity bill for utilities.