ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI response to Biometric destruction request

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

a_powers
United States of America

Biometrics deletion after completion?

Post by a_powers » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Does the HO delete the biometrics information once the process is complete? I completed a UKM registration and was issued a registration certificate. Do I need to write to someone to have my biometrics expunged? Is that done automatically? Thanks.

KasMac
South Africa

Re: Biometrics deletion after completion?

Post by KasMac » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:52 pm

They wont delete any of the biometrics you have submitted , now you have your registration certificate you can apply for a British passport

More info here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nformation

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Really? When I applied naturalisation I think they mentioned that the biometric information will not be kept after citizenship ceremony attended.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

a_powers
United States of America

Post by a_powers » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:27 pm

KasMac wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:52 pm
They wont delete any of the biometrics you have submitted , now you have your registration certificate you can apply for a British passport

More info here
The book "Biometric information: case working" in your link mentions...

If an individual applies for confirmation of the destruction in writing, you must send them a letter to confirm this within 3 months.

Fingerprints will be retained for as long as there is an immigration or nationality purpose or until they become a British citizen.

Photographs will be retained for as long as there remains an immigration or nationality purpose or until a person becomes a British citizen and is issued with a British passport.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:48 pm

a_powers wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:27 pm
KasMac wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:52 pm

More info here
The book "Biometric information: case working" in your link mentions...

If an individual applies for confirmation of the destruction in writing, you must send them a letter to confirm this within 3 months.

Fingerprints will be retained for as long as there is an immigration or nationality purpose or until they become a British citizen.

Photographs will be retained for as long as there remains an immigration or nationality purpose or until a person becomes a British citizen and is issued with a British passport.

So that means if you become BC, your biometric data in UKVI will be destroyed? right?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

a_powers
United States of America

Post by a_powers » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:02 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:48 pm
So that means if you become BC, your biometric data in UKVI will be destroyed? right?
I am definitely sending them a request/confirmation letter to make sure.

a_powers
United States of America

UKVI response to Biometric destruction request

Post by a_powers » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:33 pm

"Thank you for your letter received on ____, about your biometric information after obtaining British nationality.

I can confirm that biometric information is automatically destroyed as soon as the applicant obtains a British citizen passport."