ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa refusal due to no 2 year cohabitation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: Fiance visa refusal due to no 2 year cohabitation

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:14 pm
AnnaSh wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:08 pm
We submitted bills sent to the same address, pictures from different places, including with our friend and his parents, our trips together in Australia including air tickets, confirmations from hotels that we have stayed together, what’s up and messenger scrinshots,our communication when he was away for work.
Did you submit wedding plans? Like correspondence with venue or rings receipts?
Yeah of course, we submitted the wedding provisional booking which is by the way due in a week 😏

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 pm

AnnaSh wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:16 pm
Katie_France wrote:

Yeah of course, we submitted the wedding provisional booking which is by the way due in a week 😏
1) Try to find out through MP their explanation
2) both of you should write complaints to UKVI (you will get the response that they cannot accept your complaint because you applied outside U.K.)
3) MP will refer your case to ombudsman

All that takes enormous amount of time. Only you two can evaluate what’s better for both of you. For us time is precious.

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 pm
AnnaSh wrote:
Katie_France wrote:

2) both of you should write complaints to UKVI (you will get the response that they cannot accept your complaint because you applied outside U.K.)

All that takes enormous amount of time. Only you two can evaluate what’s better for both of you. For us time is precious.
Katie, our solicitor already sent them an email and we didn’t hear a single word from them back. And our law firm is confident us was an error made by incompetent COE🤬

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:30 pm

AnnaSh,
Don’t rely only on the solicitor.

As I said it takes enormous amount of time. To understand real reason for refusal took 4 letters from our MP, and they respond within 3-4 weeks to MP.

Complaint from solicitor is not enough. HO brushes off even MPs now, imagine what they do with solicitors.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 pm
AnnaSh wrote:
Katie_France wrote:

Yes I second this, exactly what I did and eventually they agreed to review.

Our solicitors request for a reconsideration was not acknowledged either.

They fobbed my MP off with rubbish like oh we cant review a decision outside of appeal procedures, but i managed to do it by myself in 2 weeks. Although we haven't had a decision on the review yet we are currently chasing it as it has been over one month now.

When you make a complaint directly to the home office - they might refuse to speak with you because your out of country, at that point call the parliamentary and health ombudsman they will able to advise. Or alternatively tell the home office you have already spoken with ombudsman... it may make a difference as they sneakily try to avoid following their own procedures.

As far as I am aware the fiance visa has no time limit on how long you should have live together - as long as you have met. therefore their decision contains an error of law and needs to be challenged. It may be they overturn at the appeal review stage. I hope they do, i wouldn't wish anyone to go through this pain

If you need any help to structure an email to them i am more than happy to help xx

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:30 pm
AnnaSh,
Don’t rely only on the solicitor.

As I said it takes enormous amount of time. To understand real reason for refusal took 4 letters from our MP, and they respond within 3-4 weeks to MP.

Complaint from solicitor is not enough. HO brushes off even MPs now, imagine what they do with solicitors.
Guys if you were to complain where would you post/send/email/call to?

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:48 pm

AnnaSh wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:42 pm

Guys if you were to complain where would you post/send/email/call to?
Both of you should send a complaint to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, because you are outside of the UK, and he is inside. Only after their refusal to review your complaint ombudsman will review your case. You should refer to Minor Misconduct. ECO breached professional conduct and demonstrated poor professionalism.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:51 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

All details are on here

complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk is the email i sent complaint too

Is the email i send to, but you have to wait 20 days for response - thats the only downfall i have calculated they usually reply on 17th day.

Ombudsman details: https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

also more recently i found this page too but again 20 days to respond: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... aints.html

I would send complaints to both.

Hope this helps x

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:01 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:51 pm

also more recently i found this page too but again 20 days to respond: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... aints.html
That is really new, I didn't see it before.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:01 pm
Ballmigirl17 wrote:

Yeah I thought so too, I only came across it yesterday

I suppose the home office are getting annoyed with people outside of UK complaining to them so they had to create something for applicants in other countries.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:03 pm

I suppose the home office are getting annoyed with people outside of UK complaining to them so they had to create something for applicants in other countries.
So they can just send all our complaints to the spam folder immediately

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:25 pm
Ballmigirl17 wrote:

So they can just send all our complaints to the spam folder immediately
Possibly, I sent another complaint there yesterday well a complaints review of the original complaint (well its from my fiance so they think....) i will let you know the outcome if i ever get one!

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:15 pm

However, based upon the information and / evidence you have provided we are satisfied that the minimum income requirement is not met , and we have decided that you do not meet the financial requirement under paragraph E-ECP 3.1 to E-ECP 3.4 of appendix FM.
/quote]

There appears to be an issue with meeting the minimum income level of £18,600 p.a. What financial evidence did you submit :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:15 pm
However, based upon the information and / evidence you have provided we are satisfied that the minimum income requirement is not met , and we have decided that you do not meet the financial requirement under paragraph E-ECP 3.1 to E-ECP 3.4 of appendix FM.
/quote]

There appears to be an issue with meeting the minimum income level of £18,500 p.a. What financial evidence did you submit :?:
We are way beyond minimum requirements for fiancée visa but I don’t work so if they were considering my application as a partner visa then it is correct what they say.

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Ballmigirl17 wrote:

Thanks girls x
Gonna write something )

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:56 pm

AnnaSh wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:24 pm
Casa wrote:
/quote]

There appears to be an issue with meeting the minimum income level of £18,500 p.a. What financial evidence did you submit :?:
We are way beyond minimum requirements for fiancée visa but I don’t work so if they were considering my application as a partner visa then it is correct what they say.
It is mandatory to meet the same income level for a fiance visa as you would for a spouse or unmarried partner application. I've read through your thread again and your circumstances are unclear. In order to help you further, can you clarify the following:
1. Who is the sponsor and who is the applicant?
2. Does the sponsor have settled status in the UK (PR, ILR or British citizenship)?
3. Is the sponsor employed in the UK and meeting the £18,600 p.a earnings level, or do you have £62,500 in savings (singly or jointly)

Bear in mind that the applicant's income will not qualify for a fiance visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:56 pm
AnnaSh wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:24 pm
Casa wrote:
/quote]

It is mandatory to meet the same income level for a fiance visa as you would for a spouse or unmarried partner application. I've read through your thread again and your circumstances are unclear. In order to help you further, can you clarify the following:
1. Who is the sponsor and who is the applicant?
2. Does the sponsor have settled status in the UK (PR, ILR or British citizenship)?
3. Is the sponsor employed in the UK and meeting the £18,600 p.a earnings level, or do you have £62,500 in savings (singly or jointly)

Bear in mind that the applicant's income will not qualify for a fiance visa.
My fiance is a british citizen and he is my sponsor.
He meets the income requirement about 10 times of the minimum income level. I have quit my job by then as we were about to leave Australia and enter the UK. so have said that i don't work.

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Katie_France wrote:
Ballmigirl17 wrote:

Yeah I thought so too, I only came across it yesterday

This worked well for me as I was applying from Australia!
Just sent one complain to this web address, lets see where it will bring us

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:57 pm

So if your husband earns around £180,000+ p.a you haven't confirmed what documented evidence of your sponsors income was submitted which has led the ECO to believe that it has failed to meet the minimum earnings level. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:57 pm
So if your husband earns around £180,000+ p.a you haven't confirmed what documented evidence of your sponsors income was submitted which has led the ECO to believe that it has failed to meet the minimum earnings level. :?:
We submitted bank statements with salary coming into account for a whole year and as he is being transferred to London to work for the same company we also submitted his work contract that states his new salary and also the letter of employment from his new job in London with new occupancy and annual salary

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:04 pm

AnnaSh wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:03 pm
Casa wrote:
We submitted bank statements with salary coming into account for a whole year and as he is being transferred to London to work for the same company we also submitted his work contract that states his new salary and also the letter of employment from his new job in London with new occupancy and annual salary.
And in the eligibility financial requirement it says that we meet the financial requirements (in the beginning)

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:05 pm

AnnaSh wrote:
Casa wrote:
We submitted bank statements with salary coming into account for a whole year and as he is being transferred to London to work for the same company we also submitted his work contract that states his new salary and also the letter of employment from his new job in London with new occupancy and annual salary
Did you submit the mandatory corresponding pay slips?

(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence
(Casa, not CR001)

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:07 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:05 pm
AnnaSh wrote:
Casa wrote:
Also payslips for a year

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 pm

Casa wrote:
AnnaSh wrote:
Casa wrote:

(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

I added to my previous post - see above
(Casa, not CR001)

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 pm
Casa wrote:
AnnaSh wrote:
Casa wrote:

(bb) Payslips must be:

I added to my previous post - see above
All of it was submitted with the application