ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Judicial review grounds amendments for setlr application, seeking urgent help please.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mac242628
Newly Registered
Mood:

Judicial review grounds amendments for setlr application, seeking urgent help please.

Post by Mac242628 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:51 pm

Dear senior members,

I had my set lr application refused and judicial review was submitted by named Asian community solicitor whose firm is closed down due to his conduct.

He filed my JR late which was issued but I don’t know if it’s going to be considered and the grounds submitted was not prepared for my case but instead a copy paste from his previous caseworks due to which I got very harsh acknowledgement of service from GLD.

I want to amend the grounds before a decision is made on my JR. If anybody had any experience or knowledge please help me as I am expecting my decision in 2 weeks since it’s already 5 weeks passed I received acknowledgement of service from GLD.

moon2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Judicial review grounds amendments for setlr application, seeking urgent help please.

Post by moon2018 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi Mac

You must change your solicitor as soon as possible and instruct them to explain your situation to GLD and Court. I will suggest you to meet different solicitors (atleast 5 to 6, discuss the matter and make your own decision to whom you want to handle your case.

Mac242628
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Judicial review grounds amendments for setlr application, seeking urgent help please.

Post by Mac242628 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi moon2018,

Thanks for your message, I was trying with barristers with direct access as solicitor oftentimes don’t have information about complex applications and waste of time. Reading your posts I can see and congratulate you on receiving the offer from home office for reconsideration, usually it takes 3 months and can be 5 or 6 depending on the case to get new decision or hopefully Ilr least you will get appeal right as seen in most cases.

I understand it’s aboard policy to not mention any solicitors name but I am also unable to send or receive any Private messages yet. If you can give me rough idea or about your solicitor location I will try as I contacted very famous chambers online with lots of good reviews but the trun down saying they currently have no expert barristers in this field of area.

Your suggestion will greatly help in this difficult times.

Many thanks

moon2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by moon2018 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi Mac

According to this forum rules, we are not allowed to exchange your required information.
You have to do your own research and decide by yourself.

Mac242628
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Mac242628 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 am

I appreciate your response, no problems I have found a barrister in central London. I hope 🤞 I will be sorted.

Thanks

Nauman35
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Nauman35 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:04 am

Mac242628 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 am
I appreciate your response, no problems I have found a barrister in central London. I hope 🤞 I will be sorted.

Thanks
Hi Mac ,keep updated on your JR ,i also have same timeline as yours in JR and looking for a good barister myself in case oral permission is accepted.