ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reissue of indian passport for child:latest steps as of april 2018

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dewdrops1420

Reissue of indian passport for child:latest steps as of april 2018

Post by dewdrops1420 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi,

Can someone tell me the steps to reissue my son's indian passport as it's expiring next month.I find contradictory information in many google sites and hence confused.

Thanks in advance,
Dewdrops

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Reissue of indian passport for child:latest steps as of april 2018

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:03 am

dewdrops1420 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:40 pm
Hi,

Can someone tell me the steps to reissue my son's indian passport as it's expiring next month.I find contradictory information in many google sites and hence confused.

Thanks in advance,
Dewdrops
Here you go: refer to
http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/NEW_I ... sport.html

PROCESSES CHART F0R INDIAN PASSPORT APPLICATION. APPLICANTS ARE KINDLY ADVISED TO FOLLOW THE REFERENCE LINK BEFORE COMING TO THE SUBMISSION CENTRE TO AVOID ANY CONFUSION OR DELAY IN THE OVERALL PROCESS AT ANY STAGE OF YOUR APPLICATION.
1. IDENTIFY THE TYPE OF SERVICE REQUIRED (NEW PASSPORT/DUPLICATE/REISSUE/EMERGENCY PASSPORT/TATKAL/LOST AND STOLEN RE-ISSUE OF PASSPORT ETC) Note: Minor means below 15 years.
2. FEES REQUIRED. http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/NEW_Indian_Passport.html
3. FILLING APPLICATION ONLINE SELECTING CORRECT JURISDICTION. http://www.passport.gov.in/nri/index.js ... risdiction .html.
4. APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO COME IN PERSON FOR SUBMISSION (IF UNABLE TO COME A CLOSE FAMILY MEMBER CAN SUBMIT THE APPLICATION ALONG WITH THE AUTHORIZATION LETTER ( http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/pdf/Authority ... 270215.pdf ). Bearer of Authority Letter is required to produce his/her Original Passport/ Photo Identity Card and Document shows relationship to the applicant for verification at the counter.
5. BOOK APPOINTMENT ONLINE. (NOTE: Family of 5 Members are required to get 5 appointments). APPOINTMENT PRINTOUT IS NECESSARY TO GET A TOKEN FOR SUBMISSION.
6. PHOTO REQUIREMENT & SPECIFICATION. (4 PHOTOS 2”X2” REQUIRED.)
7. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED. NOTE- PLEASE BE ADVISED TO ARRANGE THE DOCUMENTS SEPERATLY AS 2 SETS FOR SUBMISSION.
8. Application form , original Indian Passport (upon the type of service) with Self attested copies of all supporting documents along with (If in case your application requires a Sworn Affidavit in the prescribed format, (click here for the form). The Affidavit can be sworn at the High Commission or its respective Consulates itself for an additional fee of £ 20.00 (including £ 2.00 as Consular Surcharge) or an Affidavit from a public notary and not a solicitor in the UK
9. All Originals (Will be returned to the applicant after 10 working days by our DX courier or by Royal Mail Special Delivery if provided by the applicant. Original documents collection at the counter is not possible)
10. APPLICATION SUBMISSION (SUBMISSION TOKEN’S ARE ISSUED BY THE SECURITY DESK UPON ARRIVAL AND IS STRICTLY BASED ON THE APPOINTMENT TIME GIVEN). 11. APPLICATION SUBMISSION: a. THE 2 SETS OF DOCUMENTS AS MENTIONED ON SECTION 7. b. SELECT THE MODE OF DELIVERY OF ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS AND INDIAN PASSPORT. DX COURIER SERVICE/ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY (APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE SPECIAL DELIVERY ENVELOPE IF YOU WISH TO SENT OUT BY POST). c. OUR SMS/TEXT SERVICE (£1.44 ON TOP IS ADDED TO IMPROVE THE SERVICE BY NOTIFYING THE APPLICANT IF ANY ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT AT DIFFERENT STAGES OF THE APPLICATION.APPLICATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT RECEIPT IS ISSUED WITH REFERENCE NUMBER FOR APPLICATION STATUS TRACKING.
12. A VFS SERVICE CHARGE OF 7.44 IS APPLIED FOR EACH APPLICATION.APPLICANTS IS GIVEN THE OPTION TO PAY BY CASH,DEBIT CARD, DEMAND DRAFT/POSTAL ORDER PAYABLE TO ‘VF SERVICES UK LTD’. A Surcharge of 1.98% will be applicable on all credit card payments.
13. THE PROCESSED PASSPORT WILL BE DELIVERED TO YOU IN 10-15 WORKING DAYS BY DX COURIER/ROYAL MAIL (CHOSEN AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION).
14. PROCESSING TIMES VARIES ACCORDING TO THE TYPE OF SERVICE. (FOR TATKAL/LOST STOLEN CASES PLEASE REFER. NOTE: EMERGENCY CERTIFICATE AND RE-ISSUE OF THE PASSPORT IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION (MEDICAL/DEATH IN FAMILY) ARE ADVISED TO GO TO HCI FOR A SAMEDAY SERVICE.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

dewdrops1420

Re: Reissue of indian passport for child:latest steps as of april 2018

Post by dewdrops1420 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:13 am

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.