ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gbpmatrix

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi All,

I am about to start my online application. Can some one pls tell me where can I find the tax ref number which is asked in application form. Its NOT on my pay slips.

Also could you if possible answer to my previous post.

1. Is the application questions and particulars same as the paper form?
3. 4. I don't have the exact employment dates for last 10 years. I also received the summary for my tax and NI from HMRC for last 10 years. But it has just got the year-company name -tax paid. Is it ok to write just month and year on the application form in employment history page?
5. Any idea what supporting documents will be required( In general) ?

Thank you in advance

David00
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by David00 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:15 am

Hi Casa et al

... continuing from my posts yesterday ... I've reached the part where it says:

Enter your permanent residence card number
This reference number is located to the top right of your biometric card or document certifying permanent residence. If you are providing your reference number from your document certifying permanent residence, this is the number that begins with UKF.

Now, my wife, Isabel, has no card but she has an old passport with a stamp in it saying:
"Given leave to remain in the UK for an indefinite period", with a HO date stamp: 29 Oct 1990. That's how it was done back in those days. So the online application form is not designed to accommodate us old folk.

I don't know if there's another way of applying or if we should think about applying for a PR card first, then resume the citizenship application. :|

nick2018
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nick2018 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 pm

I am about to make an online application in a couple of weeks and use NDRS for my documents . Could anyone confirm the letter for biometrics is generated at the time of submitting the online application? I have been looking at time scales and it seems that the biometric letter is the same day... Could anyone clarify please. Thanks.

nick2018
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by nick2018 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:21 pm

David00 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:15 am
Hi Casa et al

... continuing from my posts yesterday ... I've reached the part where it says:

Enter your permanent residence card number
This reference number is located to the top right of your biometric card or document certifying permanent residence. If you are providing your reference number from your document certifying permanent residence, this is the number that begins with UKF.

Now, my wife, Isabel, has no card but she has an old passport with a stamp in it saying:
"Given leave to remain in the UK for an indefinite period", with a HO date stamp: 29 Oct 1990. That's how it was done back in those days. So the online application form is not designed to accommodate us old folk.

I don't know if there's another way of applying or if we should think about applying for a PR card first, then resume the citizenship application. :|
Hi David,

I think its mandatory now to have a PR for EU citizens before they can make a naturalization application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:06 am

nick2018 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:21 pm
Hi David,

I think its mandatory now to have a PR for EU citizens before they can make a naturalization application.
Indefinite leave to remain issued in an older passport in 1990 is also acceptable. David's spouse does not have to apply for the additional DCPR document as she already holds the Indefinite status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stote1
Newly Registered

Post by stote1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:12 am

Need some help here please,
I applied online on the 22 March and had appointment with NDRS service on the 27th March, all documents photocopied and some originals sent , like employer letter and life in uk test result, references including pictures and passport application , today 21st April i received a letter from Home Office stating that if i don't send all the supporting documents for my online application they will cancel the application, as i already sent the documents via ndrs ( maybe they didn't receive them) what are my options now?

toothpaste_kisses
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by toothpaste_kisses » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:07 pm

nick2018 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 pm
I am about to make an online application in a couple of weeks and use NDRS for my documents . Could anyone confirm the letter for biometrics is generated at the time of submitting the online application? I have been looking at time scales and it seems that the biometric letter is the same day... Could anyone clarify please. Thanks.
I second that one, too! :roll:

Would help greatly organising it all if someone could confirm the applicant receives the e-mail straight after the online payment has gone through. I assume, afterwards you just print it out and bring with yourself in the post office?

hktony
Newly Registered

Post by hktony » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:16 pm

stote1 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:12 am
I applied online on the 22 March and had appointment with NDRS service on the 27th March, all documents photocopied and some originals sent , like employer letter and life in uk test result, references including pictures and passport application , today 21st April i received a letter from Home Office stating that if i don't send all the supporting documents for my online application they will cancel the application, as i already sent the documents via ndrs ( maybe they didn't receive them) what are my options now?
If you sent documents via NDRS, you should have a Royal Mail tracking number , track it if it has been delivered to the Home Office.if it isn't, I think there is a reference number on that letter, quote it with NDRS, to see if they can help. I asked last time they said they will do all again in case they lost the copies.

Cheers

Tony

David00
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by David00 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:06 am
nick2018 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:21 pm
Hi David,

Indefinite leave to remain issued in an older passport in 1990 is also acceptable. David's spouse does not have to apply for the additional DCPR document as she already holds the Indefinite status.
Thank you CR001 for telling me what I wanted to hear :D A bit of a relief ...
So now the problem is .... I need a reference number that begins with UKF for the online application. I don't have one. :(
I guess I'll have to print out a slightly different form: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an and fill it in by hand.
Can anyone tell me ... with both the online form and the paper form, do we have to get documents verified by the Nationality Checking Service (NCS) at our local town hall?

stote1974
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by stote1974 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:24 pm

hktony wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:16 pm
stote1 wrote:
If you sent documents via NDRS, you should have a Royal Mail tracking number , track it if it has been delivered to the Home Office.if it isn't, I think there is a reference number on that letter, quote it with NDRS, to see if they can help. I asked last time they said they will do all again in case they lost the copies.

Cheers

Tony
Thank you Tony, I was never given a tracking number , that's why I believe something is wrong, and if they lost all paperwork how , will I will be able to prove my life in Uk test ? as they only accept original? I have a copy of it, maybe council can sign for it as I gave them the original one, plus all my referee pages were original, and passport application. I will contact them on Monday

hktony
Newly Registered

Post by hktony » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:24 pm

stote1974 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:24 pm
hktony wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:16 pm
stote1 wrote:

Cheers

Tony
Thank you Tony, I was never given a tracking number , that's why I believe something is wrong, and if they lost all paperwork how , will I will be able to prove my life in Uk test ? as they only accept original? I have a copy of it, maybe council can sign for it as I gave them the original one, plus all my referee pages were original, and passport application. I will contact them on Monday
Yes a copy of life in UK test should be fine, that I was told by the council staff. The tracking number is a sticker label put it on your NDRS receipt

masroorahmed
Newly Registered

Post by masroorahmed » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:42 pm

masroorahmed wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:59 am
Hi Friends - I'm in process of applying for Naturalization along with passport using JPAC +NDRS service. Based on my current status of online application process, I have the following questions:

1. In regards with the absence, do we need to go back as far as 5 years? It's not mentioned in the online form stating absence needs to be filled only for last 5 years.
2. In regards with the residency proof - Do they only check for last 5 years? We don't have old passport going back more than 5 years so we cannot show stamping for more than 5 years old.
3. In regards with the referee for my daughter, can we get it from her religious teacher/institution as she has been enrolled for last 4 years?
4. In regards with the photo's - How many photos are required in total? 3 for Naturalisation & 2 for passport?
In regards with the passport application - do we use the paper form available from Post office?

Would be really grateful to get your response/feedback.

Regards,
Mas
Any update on my questions pls?

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Good day, all

I woudl appreciate if you can assist me on below query,

I am filling up my online application and faced a problem, I am holding UK Travel document and submitted my original passport to the home office as part of my travel document application. in online application, I chose my nationality and now it's asking me to submit the passport which is in the home office but I do hold a UK travel document, shall I fill the details of the travel document in that section? or just choose that I do not have it?
thanks

Breev
Newly Registered

Post by Breev » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:21 pm

nick2018 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 pm
Yes, once you have completed the online application & paid the fee, the biometrics letter is automatically generated. You can then download & print it.

T9OTE
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by T9OTE » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi again , update on my situation, I called the council and they provided tracking number for my documents, used online tracking and it was delivered on 28 March and signed by uk board agency someone with name Harries; I phoned home office and no one could help me as they don’t know where the documents are, they suggested sending everything again , now as soon as I switched off my phone a message came thru from my bank stating £85 were taken from my account by home office for passport application, now I’m confused as I was told by council everything went together, how come they got the passport application and not the documents?
Can someone help me what to do next?
Send everything again and cover letter explaining what happened? This time I will send all originals apart from life in uk test
What are my options?

Jonny31t
Newly Registered

Post by Jonny31t » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 pm

T9OTE wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:48 pm
Hi again , update on my situation, I called the council and they provided tracking number for my documents, used online tracking and it was delivered on 28 March and signed by uk board agency someone with name Harries; I phoned home office and no one could help me as they don’t know where the documents are, they suggested sending everything again , now as soon as I switched off my phone a message came thru from my bank stating £85 were taken from my account by home office for passport application, now I’m confused as I was told by council everything went together, how come they got the passport application and not the documents?
Send everything again and cover letter explaining what happened? This time I will send all originals apart from life in uk test
What are my options?
I suppose you can call again - but most importantly, get everything certified by the post office first if you want to send originals. If they can lose your first set of documents, they can lose it again.

You can also consider asking the council if they can re-certify the documents for free. I doubt it though.

Jim_Clark
Newly Registered

Post by Jim_Clark » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:15 am

africangirl wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:48 am
I am about to apply for my citizenship but I am worried about when do they send me back my passport after submitting the form as I already booked a holiday In August.

I have the form ready to submit by end of this week.

Thanks
Hello Africangirl,
You don't have to send your document call city council request a NDRS + JCAP. They will take a copy of you originals document and give them back to you.
Hope this help.

Jim_Clark
Newly Registered

Post by Jim_Clark » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:19 am

T9OTE wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:48 pm
What are my options?
Hello T9OTE,

Sorry to here that. You don't have to send original..
Send the copy again...

jmriru
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by jmriru » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi, I'm posting this as a reply as it will have a bigger audience, but I'm happy to post this as a separate thread.

My query has to do with the section of the AN online form: "Special circumstances"

It has two questions that are compulsory:
1. Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many absences from the UK)?
[ ] Yes / [x] No

2. If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?
[ ] Yes
Please confirm which requirement(s) you think you fail to meet and what special circumstances should be considered

[ ] No
I meet the criteria therefore 1. should be No, but then, what should I do for question 2? In the paper form it can be left blank or the paragraphs deleted, but not in the online form.

I'm tempted to click Yes and say in the box something like "Not applicable".

Thanks a lot.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:08 pm

For #2 just tick NO.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

evolution
Newly Registered
China

Post by evolution » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the posts.
I am completing my online application now, before making the payment, could someone please tell me will the checklist after the payment be the same as the mandatory documents before the payment? I am okay with providing the mandatory docs and referee forms but not sure any other doc could be required after the payment, don’t want to waste the application fee which is really expensive.

And also, do I need to give the application reference number to the council when they checking my docs?

Many thanks in advance.

T9OTE
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by T9OTE » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:58 am

evolution wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:42 pm
Hi,

Thanks for all the posts.
I am completing my online application now, before making the payment, could someone please tell me will the checklist after the payment be the same as the mandatory documents before the payment? I am okay with providing the mandatory docs and referee forms but not sure any other doc could be required after the payment, don’t want to waste the application fee which is really expensive.

And also, do I need to give the application reference number to the council when they checking my docs?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi yes there is a checklist to be printed after you pay, take that with all your documents, application reference will be printed with the checklist
And good luck

evolution
Newly Registered
China

Post by evolution » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:45 am

Hi, thank you for the reply.

Are the documents on the check list the same as the mandatory documents?

Regards

Jonny31t
Newly Registered

Post by Jonny31t » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi all,

Question - does the approval letters and and further communication arrive via email or via post?

stote1974
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by stote1974 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:03 am

Jonny31t wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:00 pm
Hi all,

Question - does the approval letters and and further communication arrive via email or via post?
All communication or requests arrive by post