ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier 4 dependents who are working in the UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vincen83
Newly Registered
India

Any Tier 4 dependents who are working in the UK

Post by vincen83 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:13 pm

Hello,

My wife is currently on a tier 2 and i am on a tier 2 dependent.

Her visa expires Jan 2019 and she would like to pursue her masters in the UK post Jan 2019.

It would ideally be atleast 1-3 years masters.

I would like to accompany her and work in the UK on a Tier 4 dependent.

While i know this is legally possible i wanted to understand the visa experiences of current Tier 4 dependents working in the UK and any suggestions.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Any Tier 4 dependents who are working in the UK

Post by sah10406 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:22 pm

vincen83 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:13 pm
While i know this is legally possible i wanted to understand the visa experiences of current Tier 4 dependents working in the UK and any suggestions.
If your wife is doing a Masters at a university, your PBS dependant leave will automatically have the standard work restriction, as per paragraph 319D(B)(iii) and (v) of the immigration rules. This confirms that all work is allowed except work as a doctor or dentist in training (with some exceptions), and work as a professional sportsperson, including as a sports coach.

See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.