ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by mrgs1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Jadoom wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:15 pm
Mad1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:59 pm
Jadoom wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:10 pm
Gondal1987 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:14 am

Thanks Jadoom,

I emailed them Thursday last week. So will see if I get a response. Do you have any rough idea how long they take to reply ?

Cheers
Hi Gondal 1987
((Citizen.support @))
email takes about 5 days and other email which start from( nationalitysupport @) some time they reply same days or two to three days.

Hi Jadoom,
I got this response from them today,
“You will be contacted by a casewourker in due course” any idea what that meant??
Hi Mad 1
If they say .. you wil be contacted in 21 days........it means you wil get your approval letter with in 12 working days
It means you will get a decision in that timeframe, approval or rejection.

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Jadoom wrote:
Mad1 wrote:
Jadoom wrote:
Gondal1987 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:14 am

Thanks Jadoom,

I emailed them Thursday last week. So will see if I get a response. Do you have any rough idea how long they take to reply ?

Cheers
Hi Gondal 1987
((Citizen.support @))
email takes about 5 days and other email which start from( nationalitysupport @) some time they reply same days or two to three days.

Hi Jadoom,
“You will be contacted by a casewourker in due course” any idea what that meant??
Hi Mad 1
If they say .. you wil be contacted in 21 days........it means you wil get your approval letter with in 12 working days
Hi Jason and Mrgs

It only said in due course, do you think I should be worried? What’s the timeframe mrgs mentioned?
Any help is appreciated please thank you

Jadoom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Jadoom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Mad1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:36 pm
Jadoom wrote:
Mad1 wrote:
Jadoom wrote:

Hi Gondal 1987
((Citizen.support @))

Hi Jadoom,
Hi Mad 1
Hi Jason and Mrgs

It only said in due course, do you think I should be worried? What’s the timeframe mrgs mentioned?
Hi Mad 1
They also replied me ...you wil contacted
In due cousre.
You should not worried. ..actually the reason is they just handover your file to casework .... i got same reply 1 month ago... and i emailed agian after 1 month
Than they replied you wil be contacted in 21 days.... this replied is normal .you should not worry...

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Jadoom wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:47 pm
Mad1 wrote:
Jadoom wrote:
Mad1 wrote:

Hi Jadoom,
Hi Mad 1
Hi Jason and Mrgs

Hi Mad 1
In due cousre.
You should not worried. ..actually the reason is they just handover your file to casework .... i got same reply 1 month ago... and i emailed agian after 1 month
Than they replied you wil be contacted in 21 days.... this replied is normal .you should not worry...
Hi Jadoom
Thanks for all your help, it means a lot.
Have you heard from the since your last reply about 21 day?

Jadoom
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Jadoom » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:05 pm

Mad1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:59 pm
Jadoom wrote:
Mad1 wrote:
Jadoom wrote:

Hi Mad 1
Hi Jason and Mrgs

Hi Mad 1
In due cousre.
Hi Jadoom
Hi
Yes i got approval in 6 days

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:09 pm

Jadoom wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:05 pm
Mad1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:59 pm
Jadoom wrote:
Mad1 wrote:

Hi Jason and Mrgs

Hi Mad 1
In due cousre.
Hi Jadoom
Hi
Yes i got approval in 6 days
Congratulations!

I think my case is complicated as I got Ilr after 6years of dlr after I won my appeal. I’ve got everything crossed. It’s been two months since my application and the wait is so worrying

Malu
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Malu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:14 am

Please! Please ! I really need help!

I applied for naturalisation in October 2017. Today , i received a letter stating that mý. name and my surname have been reversed in my passport. And i have been given two options :
- Either i accept my certificate of naturalisation been granted with that format to equate with the format of passport application as i applied through Ncs.-
-Or i stick with my name with my embassy letter explaining the reason of discrepancy in my name. In the letter, they made me aware that the passport won't be granted because my foreign passport must match the British one.
I am from French speaking country and the name order in our passports are different from English speaking counterparts. It's just the case who ignores that. I have been travelling with the same passport, my bank accounts. Everything i have done with that passport. It's the first time that it's causing me the headache.
What would you advise me to do as they need a reply from me by next Wednesday ?
Thank you very much for your help.

bbgwenzi
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by bbgwenzi » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:32 am

Hi Everyone,
After waiting for 6 months and 1 day I finally received my approval letter yesterday! Thank god! I applied on 03/10/2017 and my application wasn’t as straight forward as others due to a number of factors. My long wait has come to an end :D . I wish all the best to everyone still waiting, be patient and everything will work out.

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:01 pm

Hi Everyone,
I applied for British Naturalisation on 13/12/2017 and got my approval today 24/04/2018 .My question is?
Will my ceremony invitation letter be sent to my solicitor or to my address?

mmali

Post by mmali » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:07 pm

mmali wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:33 pm
smallpie wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:09 pm
@ mmali,
You don't have to do another one yet.. keep chasing for the one with homeoffice, and let them confirm sending it to you.
Am sure still with them, just dragging their feet and in process the of application.
Thanks for your view
I will chase them until I get a confirmation of return or the passport itself.
Thanks smallpie,
You were right ,The home office has held my wife passport until they made the decission and sent it with approval to me today.

Mad1
Italy

Post by Mad1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Hello Smallpie,

Please can you help me, I emailed to enquire about my appointment and I got this reply

“You will be contacted by a casewourker in due course” any idea what that meant?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Mad1 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:43 pm
Hello Smallpie,

Please can you help me, I emailed to enquire about my appointment and I got this reply

“You will be contacted by a casewourker in due course” any idea what that meant?
It means you will be contacted in the next few weeks, nothing more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Touchtoks
Newly Registered

Post by Touchtoks » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:57 am

Did anyone received a letter from home say following urgent human rights application an appointment as booked for your asylum claim, as me to come to asylum intake in Croydon 2flour that my asylum need to record, I apply for private life and family

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:58 am

Touchtoks wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:57 am
Did anyone received a letter from home say following urgent human rights application an appointment as booked for your asylum claim, as me to come to asylum intake in Croydon 2flour that my asylum need to record, I apply for private life and family
What are you applying for? Are you applying for asylum, for FLR under private life or for naturalisation?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

SAIDFARAH90
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by SAIDFARAH90 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:07 am

Hi Everyone,
I applied for British Naturalisation on 16/04/2018 using farm papers and Ealing NCS until today HO didn't took money from my account it's about two weeks now. I didnt receive any thing from them either any Idea what shall I do.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:19 am

SAIDFARAH90 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:07 am
Hi Everyone,
I applied for British Naturalisation on 16/04/2018 using farm papers and Ealing NCS until today HO didn't took money from my account it's about two weeks now. I didnt receive any thing from them either any Idea what shall I do.
Just wait. It is not even two weeks yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CdeT
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CdeT » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:35 pm

bbgwenzi wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:32 am
Hi Everyone,
After waiting for 6 months and 1 day I finally received my approval letter yesterday! Thank god! I applied on 03/10/2017 and my application wasn’t as straight forward as others due to a number of factors. My long wait has come to an end :D . I wish all the best to everyone still waiting, be patient and everything will work out.
Congratulations. I am from Zimbabwe too. Submitted in December 2017. Close to 5 months now and I am becoming impatient. I thought my case was straight forward but doesn't look like. I I may ask did you ever wrote emails chasing progress of your applications and what was the reply.

bbgwenzi
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by bbgwenzi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:09 pm

CdeT wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:35 pm
bbgwenzi wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:32 am
Hi Everyone,
Congratulations. I am from Zimbabwe too. Submitted in December 2017. Close to 5 months now and I am becoming impatient. I thought my case was straight forward but doesn't look like. I I may ask did you ever wrote emails chasing progress of your applications and what was the reply.
Thank you. My application definitely was not straight forward and I already anticipated that it might take longer than usual so for your situation goes I’m sure a decision will be on it’s way soon. I did in fact email them on citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk back in February and this was the response I received.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email below.

Your application is currently in a queue and will be dealt with shortly.

Kind Regards
AO/CCST Nationality Group

GailF
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by GailF » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi Everyone!

I submitted my kids’ BP application last month through NCS. I am British by decent and we have lived in the UK for over 3 years together. The consultant that checked our documentation seemed sure that we would be asked to supply more paperwork (I hadn't supplied correct proof of residence, my dad's birth certificate or my parents' marriage certificate). Today I received the paperwork to do the kids' biometrics. Does this mean that Home Ofiice has checked the paperwork and all is in order? How long does it normally take from this point onwards?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:31 pm

GailF wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:21 pm
Hi Everyone!

I submitted my kids’ BP application last month through NCS. I am British by decent and we have lived in the UK for over 3 years together. The consultant that checked our documentation seemed sure that we would be asked to supply more paperwork (I hadn't supplied correct proof of residence, my dad's birth certificate or my parents' marriage certificate). Today I received the paperwork to do the kids' biometrics. Does this mean that Home Ofiice has checked the paperwork and all is in order? How long does it normally take from this point onwards?

TIA
No it doesn't mean all is in order. Biometrics is only the start of the process. HO could still write to you ask for anything they need.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmali

Post by mmali » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi Everyone,
I got my approval letter few days ago , and waiting for British Citizenship Ceremony invitation letter to arrive ,in the meantime I put a request for Citizenship Ceremony online in my local council to reserve a date in advance.They got back to me and offered me 04/May/2018 by e-mail. They have not asked me for anything yet. I may receive the invitation letter by 3nd may.
My questions are.
1- It possible to do the ceremony without invitation letter because every council has different view on that?
2- When you attend the ceremony do they ask for invitation letter ?
I have my passport and driving licence as ID to present.

Thank

mmali

Post by mmali » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:57 pm

[quote=mmali post_id=1627707 time=1524838079 user_id=156256]
Hi Everyone,
i just go an e-mail confirming my citizenship ceremony 03/05/2018 which states that invitation letter must be presented before ceremony, so i will wait until 02/May/2018, If i do not get by 02 then i will reschedule it.
In my local website there is no information about citizenship ceremony booking if you miss it and is there any charges for rescheduling?
Just shared my experience.

bbgwenzi
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by bbgwenzi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:58 pm

mmali wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:57 pm
mmali wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:07 pm
Hi Everyone,
i just go an e-mail confirming my citizenship ceremony 03/05/2018 which states that invitation letter must be presented before ceremony, so i will wait until 02/May/2018, If i do not get by 02 then i will reschedule it.
In my local website there is no information about citizenship ceremony booking if you miss it and is there any charges for rescheduling?
Just shared my experience.
Hi mmali, If you have received you approval letter from the HO it should state which authority your ceremony is with and also advising you to arrange it with them. That letter you received from the HO should enough evidence your local authority needs to proceed with your ceremony.

mmali

Post by mmali » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:13 pm

Thanks for your view bbgwenzi
I got the approval letter only and it is mentioned in my letter that I have to wait for invitation letter to come separately (3 Weeks).But I have booked the ceremony and will wait until 02/May/2018 .If i do not get it then I will reschedule it .Because my council inform me by e-mail that they need to see the original invitation letter from HO ,without that they do not allow you to have the ceremony.
I do not know if they will reschedule the ceremony with one day notice.

Fifty5
Newly Registered

Post by Fifty5 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi,
I recieved my ceremony letter today with time anf date of booking already stated from the local council office.
I have not recieved the home office letter & this is my first correspondence after BRP, the letter states if by the date of your ceremony you do not recieve your HO letter you can still come to attend with an ID and BRP.
I applied on 22nd jan along with my other family members who have already got thier passports. My application took just over 3 months.
I emailed HO last week and got the 21 day reply. I have had a lot of help from this forum during the last few years & i am nearly there now so thanks to all the admins, moderators and fellow members.