ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tagb2000

ILR confusion

Post by tagb2000 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:01 am

Hi all

I am due ILR in March 2019 via the spouse visa route. I have two questions that I need help with please.

1) What happens if I don’t pass my Life in UK test prior to ILR (Do I just apply to another extension visa FLRM)?

2) If I do apply for a 2nd FLRM extension and I pass my Life in UK test say after 6 months can I apply for ILR straightaway?

Thank you in advance

Regards

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: ILR confusion

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:49 am

tagb2000 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:01 am
Hi all

I am due ILR in March 2019 via the spouse visa route. I have two questions that I need help with please.

1) What happens if I don’t pass my Life in UK test prior to ILR (Do I just apply to another extension visa FLRM)?

Normally you must pass your life in the uk test, before apply ILR.

2) If I do apply for a 2nd FLRM extension and I pass my Life in UK test say after 6 months can I apply for ILR straightaway?

Once you fulfill your 5 years qualifying period and pass the life in the UK test (also fulfill english language criteria), you can apply. passing the test and wait for 6 months is not necessary

Thank you in advance

Regards
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

tagb2000

Post by tagb2000 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 am

Thank so so much for the quick response, I really appreciate it.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:02 am

tagb2000 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 am
Thank so so much for the quick response, I really appreciate it.
you are welcome. A lot of mobile app can help you to practice life in.the uk test. Just like Pub quiz, so practice made perfect.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.