ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

misssunshine84
Newly Registered
Ireland

Documents for naturalisation

Post by misssunshine84 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Hello all. I would greatly appreciate if someone could answer my query. I am about to submit my application for naturalisation based on my 5 years residence in Ireland. I know I have to send my original passports along but should I make a copy of every single page or just the first one containing the biometric information. HOw about my stamps in the passport? Should I make a copy of them?

Thanks a million

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Documents for naturalisation

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:39 pm

misssunshine84 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:05 pm
Hello all. I would greatly appreciate if someone could answer my query. I am about to submit my application for naturalisation based on my 5 years residence in Ireland. I know I have to send my original passports along but should I make a copy of every single page or just the first one containing the biometric information. HOw about my stamps in the passport? Should I make a copy of them?

Thanks a million

I made a copy of the biometric pages of all my passport and it was accepted. In addition to that, you will need to have it authenticated by the notary public same day you sign your declaration.

misssunshine84
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by misssunshine84 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:10 pm

Thanks Rosay36. So you only did the biometric page (containing name, dob etc) of every passport u had, is it?

misssunshine84
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by misssunshine84 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:12 pm

and not every single page of the passport? otherwise its 100pages each for me :O

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:25 pm

misssunshine84 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:10 pm
Thanks Rosay36. So you only did the biometric page (containing name, dob etc) of every passport u had, is it?
Just the biometric Page you don’t need to include the entire pages in your passport.

Soph80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Soph80 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Apart from the biometric page, I copied every single stamps i have in my passports, including the going in and out of the country. I know its a lot but i think you have to.

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:39 pm

According to the application form “ The original of your current passport and any previous passports valid during periods of residence in the State, together with a photocopy of the biometric page of each passport.” But if you feel including the entire pages in your passport will help your application do so. After all you will only be using ink and papers 😀

Soph80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Soph80 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Theres no harm on sending all the documents that will prove your stay in Ireland. It will all help in the processing. Actually, the more documents you can provide, the faster they will response.

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:12 pm

Rosay36 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:39 pm

I made a copy of the biometric pages of all my passport and it was accepted. In addition to that, you will need to have it authenticated by the notary public same day you sign your declaration.

The certification was required back when the original passport was not required to be sent in with the application. I applied mid-2016 and had to do this.
Snapshot from the old Form 8 -

Some time later in 2016, they started asking for the original passport with the application. They still require a photocopy of the biometric page, but the certification requirement has been removed. The ask for the copies of all pages has also been removed.
Snapshot from the current Form 8 -

This makes sense since they can verify if the photocopy is a true copy by simply looking at the original passport.:D Sure, there's no harm if the photocopy is certified but it is pointless, and a waste of money if you are paying for the certification.