ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do you calculate points for CoS?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cymjay
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

How do you calculate points for CoS?

Post by Cymjay » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Hey I've gone through a recruiter, application for CoS went in since late January.

From an English speaking country and employer passed RLMT I believe.

Salary is £32k basic but £48k with benefits and I have more than enough maintenance fees when I arrive.

Not sure if Home Office uses the basic salary or salary with benefits.

What do you all use to calculate the points?

Thanks in advance

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: How do you calculate points for CoS?

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:56 pm

Cymjay wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:03 pm
Hey I've gone through a recruiter, application for CoS went in since late January.

From an English speaking country and employer passed RLMT I believe.

Salary is £32k basic but £48k with benefits and I have more than enough maintenance fees when I arrive.

Not sure if Home Office uses the basic salary or salary with benefits.

What do you all use to calculate the points?

Thanks in advance
only your basic salary will be used except if the other benefits are guaranteed benefits.

Have you checked that the company is a registered sponsor?
If they are not registered, becoming a sponsor could sometimes take a long process.

I believe that you will require a restricted COS for your application and these are allocated on a monthly basis. You might want to check again what you are waiting for.
Are you still dealing with the recruiter or you are now dealing directly with the company that offered you the job?
Was your offer letter from the recruiter or directly from the company (sponsor)?
How did you know about the role?
Did the recruiter contact you or you saw the role and applied?
Did you pay for the CoS or any other service in the course of the recruitment?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.