ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong cos start date- reapplying visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohancgr
Newly Registered
India

Wrong cos start date- reapplying visa

Post by mohancgr » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:22 am

Hi friends,

I have received my tier-2 general visa under shortage of occupation category.My 30 day entry clearance visa has been issued but i have not collected yet my biometric residence permit. In the cos my employer applied for an early start date (may1,2018) which is supposed to be july10th. My employer mentioned that they have to reapply again. What are my chances of getting a new cos with amended dates and what are my chances of getting a new visa . Your inputs will be really helpful. I am really worried.

mohancgr
Newly Registered
India

Re: Wrong cos start date- reapplying visa

Post by mohancgr » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi, any inputs regarding the issue are fully appreciated.

mmmughal
Newly Registered

Post by mmmughal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Start date can be delayed by 4 weeks before COS is used.

Please search "CoS start date and expect entry to UK" in the forum or see below link.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/cos- ... 08535.html

Not sure on your case. Hoe a guru will help soon.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:17 pm

mohancgr wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:22 am
Hi friends,

I have received my tier-2 general visa under shortage of occupation category.My 30 day entry clearance visa has been issued but i have not collected yet my biometric residence permit. In the cos my employer applied for an early start date (may1,2018) which is supposed to be july10th. My employer mentioned that they have to reapply again. What are my chances of getting a new cos with amended dates and what are my chances of getting a new visa . Your inputs will be really helpful. I am really worried.
If your Visa has been approved already, I believe your sponsor will need to notify UKVI that you have experienced some delays and won't resume until a later date. This will have to be within 28 days from the original start date. That is the delay cannot be more than 28 days after May 1, 2018. Otherwise, they will need to issue a new COS and you go through the application process again.

you can read this
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... l_v1.0.pdf

check paragraphs 23.7 and 23.8

Can't you resume in May or you have to wait until July?

issuing you a new COS means they will have to cancel your current visa and then apply for a new one. You will practically go through the all process again.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

mohancgr
Newly Registered
India

Post by mohancgr » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:09 am

Hi @dj. Thanks for the prompt reply. My current employer is not relieving me in may. My notice period is till July. So my new employer is applying for new cos and reapplying visa again.

What are my chances of getting a new cos and new visa again. What's the basis for issuing a cos. Is it random or some point based.

Thanks in advance.