ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Something not right with Visa4Uk Site?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Help with booking appt on Visa4uk site!!

Post by sabrinagul » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:39 am

Hello,

I am in need of some help please!
I have completed my husband's application form online, on the visa4uk site. All of the tabs have gone green and I have submitted the application form. Now when I try to book an appointment on the 'Book Appointment' tab, it only gives me the option of booking one for April, however I need it for May!! I have been trying for 4 days and have had no luck, called up the number that has charged me £20+ but they are useless and don't give much info! One woman said she thinks it is because they don't release the dates for the following until a week before? But she said she 'thinks' so I didn't know if this was correct!
I really wanted to have been able to pay before the fees increased :(

Does anyone know why this is happening? It will not let me click on any dates in May and I have tried multiple browsers!
FYI the VAC is in Tunis, Tunisia.. don't know if this makes a difference?
I'm hoping someone can tell me this is normal lol as I am scared I won't be able to book the appointment for May 2018!

Thanks!

Sabrina.

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Re: Help with booking appt on Visa4uk site!!

Post by sabrinagul » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:42 am

Does anyone know if they can offer some advice with this?
I am still trying to book an appointment for next month, still no luck!

I cannot understand why it only shows dates available for April!!!
Please help!!

Blighty

Post by Blighty » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:29 pm

It is logical that UKVI only has April appointments available on today, 9th April. You will have to wait until May appointments become available on the system. Remember they want to make money from people in a hurry for a VAC appointment, not someone seeking next month! Hope this helps.

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Post by sabrinagul » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Blighty wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:29 pm
It is logical that UKVI only has April appointments available on today, 9th April. You will have to wait until May appointments become available on the system. Remember they want to make money from people in a hurry for a VAC appointment, not someone seeking next month! Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply! So do you think I will have to wait a bit longer for next month's dates to become shown? How do they make money from people who are in a rush? I assumed everyone pays the same amount?

Blighty

Post by Blighty » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Yes, I would wait a few weeks to check if the May appointments become available.

Added Value Services can be purchased at the Visa Centres which increases the visa cost. This includes prime time appointments (about € 103), passport retention (about € 70), and priority sevice (€ 651).

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Someone please offer some advice on UK spouse visa!

Post by sabrinagul » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi all,

We will be applying for my husbands UK spouse visa soon. We are hoping to book the appointment in tunisia at the VAC for the 24th may, however, I am very confused with how many days we then have to submit all of the documents to Sheffield.
Today I completed the application form online and have submitted this, however I have still not chosen the date or paid for the visa as it is only allowing me to book an appointment up to the 21st may, so I will have to wait a few more days for later appointments to become available. I will be flying out to tunisua on the 19th of May and returning to the UK on the 5th june.

I am also not sure if the VAC in tunisia will scan the supporting documents or if I'll send them by post when I'm back in the UK. So this is where the confusion starts... How many days do I have to submit these by post if tunisia do not scan the documents? And is this from the date I submit the online application or the date from which my husband will have his biometrics appointment?

I really hope someone can help! I am so stressed out because I don't want us to be late! Because if I have to post the documents it will be on the 6th June, the day after I get back from tunisia!

Thank you.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Someone please offer some advice on UK spouse visa!

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:59 pm

For priority application it is within 10 days after bio-metrics date, and it is 20 working days for non-priority applications.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Post by sabrinagul » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:33 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:59 pm
For priority application it is within 10 days after bio-metrics date, and it is 20 working days for non-priority applications.
Thank you so much for replying! Ah okay, i was so confused as a lot of people had said it was from the date that the online application is submitted!
Is it 20 days no matter what country you are applying from? I have also read that the TLS centres have stopped scanning documents to Sheffield, but again have read different people saying different things.

I also wanted to ask, if I have to send the documents by post, do i put like a return label in there so they can send any original documents back to me? Is it also ok if i send my husbands application from the UK and ask them to send anything back to my UK address?

Thank you very much, i appreciate all the help i get on this forum.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:01 am

Not all countries have same time limit for example US/ Canada has different time limits for sending support documents - so check with your VFS for times.

They scan everything in Sheffield and post it back to you so don't worry about the documents. You may want to photocopy everything before you send it off for your own records.

Alot of people send additional photocopies with their support documents which is a waste of time and money because they scan everything anyway.

Make sure you only send one bundle from within UK that contains ALL your support documents.

Send a return envelope with your UK address.

InshaAllah goes well for you - All the best.

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Post by sabrinagul » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:22 am

Thank you for your reply, inshaAllah, it is honestly so stressful trying to make sure everything is 100% correct!

Yes i tried looking on the site for Tunisia, however, i don't know why i cant seem to find this information anywhere! As long as it is defo from the date of the biometrics appointment, and not from the date the online application is submitted, then i should be fine inshaAllah!
I appreciate you taking your time out to offer your help on this, thank you.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:03 am

It is definitely from date of bio-metrics.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:18 am

sabrinagul wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:22 am
Thank you for your reply, inshaAllah, it is honestly so stressful trying to make sure everything is 100% correct!

Yes i tried looking on the site for Tunisia, however, i don't know why i cant seem to find this information anywhere! As long as it is defo from the date of the biometrics appointment, and not from the date the online application is submitted, then i should be fine inshaAllah!
I appreciate you taking your time out to offer your help on this, thank you.
On the web site of TLS contact Tunisia it’s written that they scan the documents for the settlement visas.
https://uk.tlscontact.com/tn/TUN/news.php?id=2565_5330

Please note, the procedure differs from country to country. Somewhere they scan, somewhere you have to send originals to Sheffield. If they scan you should bring all your originals and copies for the biometrics appointment.

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Something not right with Visa4Uk Site?

Post by sabrinagul » Mon May 14, 2018 10:05 am

Hi all :)

I have just paid for the IHS and Visa fee on the Visa4UK online site.

Tabs are green, so now i have moved onto the next step which is to register a commercial partner.

I have registered on the TLS site for Tunisia and that has all been completed too.
I have also printed off my application which is the last step.

Problem is, the 'register at commercial partner' and 'print application' tabs are still black? Should they not turn green?
I'm getting a bit panicked now because appointment is next week! Is there something else I need to do? Please let me know!

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Something not right with Visa4Uk Site?

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Post by sabrinagul » Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 am
Topics Merged (click)
Hello,

Wow i don't know why this merged into an old one :/
I just clicked on new post or something??

I shall try again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:14 am

sabrinagul wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am
CR001 wrote:
Topics Merged (click)
Hello,

I shall try again
I merged your topics!!

Do not post a new topic, it will be locked. Click on the 'topics merged' link I have posted to read the forum rules regarding multiple posts/topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Post by sabrinagul » Mon May 14, 2018 10:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:14 am
sabrinagul wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am
CR001 wrote:
Topics Merged (click)
Hello,

I shall try again
I merged your topics!!

Do not post a new topic, it will be locked. Click on the 'topics merged' link I have posted to read the forum rules regarding multiple posts/topics.

Oh I am sorry! I thought you were telling me to not merge them so i posted another one before reading your reply! I apologise!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:12 pm

If you've already submitted application and booked bio-metrics its should be all good. TSLconnect etc are not required to submit / complete application.

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Post by sabrinagul » Mon May 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:12 pm
If you've already submitted application and booked bio-metrics its should be all good. TSLconnect etc are not required to submit / complete application.
Thank you for your reply.

It says my status is complete and I've paid and printed everything. Do i need to submit anything after the payment? Sorry for all the questions!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:46 pm

...bio-metrics, support documents?

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Post by sabrinagul » Mon May 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:46 pm
...bio-metrics, support documents?
Oh haha sorry i wasn't clear enough! I mean do I need to submit anything else online? The only thing I can remember submitting is the application form before i had chosen the BRP collection point, booked appointment and paid.
Now it just looks like everything is green except the last two tabs, which looks like I still need to do more online because they still remain black :/

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:42 pm

If you've submitted application, booked bio-metrics, paid fees and also paid IHS fee - you are done for online

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Post by sabrinagul » Mon May 14, 2018 4:31 pm

Thank you for confirming for me! I wouldn't usually get so worried, but with it so near, literally everything causes a panic.

Thanks once again.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 am

Time to keep a cool head now and make sure all support documents are in order. InshaAllah goes well for you.

sabrinagul
Tunisia

Post by sabrinagul » Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 am
Time to keep a cool head now and make sure all support documents are in order. InshaAllah goes well for you.
Thank you very much, inshaAllah!

I wanted to ask if anyone knows whether I have to use the barcode separators to separate the different documents?