ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Settlement Visas for Spouse and Child - More Questions...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sevendust12

Re: UK Settlement Visas for Spouse and Child - More Questions...

Post by sevendust12 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 am

@seagul

I am filling in the form for my daughter and came across a problem.

In the section "Under 18", it asks if she's staying at a private UK address then it goes on to ask who's she staying with. I wanted to fill in that part but there's no option of "Father" in the drop down box. They have everything else like stepfather, uncle etc. What should I do here? Do I put "Other relative"?

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:39 am

Hi All,

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:11 am

Other relative > Your details
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:11 am
Other relative > Your details
Thank you for your help. I have selected "Other Relative" and have made a note in the additional information section that there was no option to select Father.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Yes, that's fine as they will see your name and know your the sponsor and father anyway.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:47 pm
Yes, that's fine as they will see your name and know your the sponsor and father anyway.
Thank you again Londoner007. While you're still here, can I just ask again.. for the appendix 2 form, which parts do I need to fill in for my Daughter? There's so many portions that are irrelevant and I do not know whether those need to be filled in also.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Fill in as much as you can, and that which is relevant. It will be very similar copy of your wife's appendix 2 bar few bits which will not require to be filled in such as 1.9.

The main applicant's Appendix 2 makes sure is thoroughly checked and also make sure the financial figures etc are all accurate.

All the best

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:11 pm
Fill in as much as you can, and that which is relevant. It will be very similar copy of your wife's appendix 2 bar few bits which will not require to be filled in such as 1.9.

The main applicant's Appendix 2 makes sure is thoroughly checked and also make sure the financial figures etc are all accurate.

All the best
Thank you very much Londoner007, appreciate your help as always.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:24 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:11 pm

All the best
Hi Londoner007,

I wanted to ask - For accommodations, We'll be living at my Mother's house for the time being. She owns this 4 bedroom property, no mortgage, living on her own. I wanna ask for the documents, do I need to send them the originals?

I will be including:

A letter from mother allowing us to stay rent free
Pictures of the whole house
Land registry under her name
Land title/deed under her name

Thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Send all originals. Pictures of the whole house is not required.

Make sure on your mothers letter she states there will be no overcrowding as its only she and you both who will occupy the property.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:19 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:47 pm
Send all originals. Pictures of the whole house is not required.

Make sure on your mothers letter she states there will be no overcrowding as its only she and you both who will occupy the property.
Hi Londoner007,

I wanted to ask, when we send the documents over to Sheffield, we need to include a pre-paid envelope correct? Does it need to be address to our my wife's address overseas? Or can it be sent back to me in the UK?

Also, when they do the biometrics, are they going to keep her current passport and all expired passports? Or she needs to send them to sheffield along with all the documents>?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:25 am

Include self envelope addressed to your UK address.

The Visa Centre will keep the applicants passport.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:25 am
Include self envelope addressed to your UK address.

The Visa Centre will keep the applicants passport.
Thanks alot Londoner 007.

Can I pay the application and IHS fee using my UK Debit card even though I'm not the applicant?

Also, is it true that for children, you can't pay for IHS until the send me a link?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Yes.
Theres bug which shows payment required as £0. You still get a IHS number which you include with your support docs. At later stage they will ask you to clear the actual sum.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:24 pm
Yes.
Theres bug which shows payment required as £0. You still get a IHS number which you include with your support docs. At later stage they will ask you to clear the actual sum.
Thanks Londoner007.. appreciate your help as always.

I wanted to ask if it's necessary to include an introduction/cover letter from the applicants (My wife and daughter)?

I already made a sponsor cover letter on my part but wanted to check if they need to have one as well.

Also, does both letter need to be have the exact contents and information?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Not required but you can add. Will be similar anyway because you will be telling the same love story. It may get repetitive. A very strong single letter would be better.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:49 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:38 pm
Not required but you can add. Will be similar anyway because you will be telling the same love story. It may get repetitive. A very strong single letter would be better.
Thanks Londoner007 and Yes I agree.. It seems too much having two letter with the same exact thing.

Is it possible to post the letter I made here and you can tell me if it's ok? I will omit personal details.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Go ahead

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:13 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:57 pm
Go ahead
Thanks, here it is:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter in support of my Wife, XXXXX and Daughter, XXXXX, in respect to their visa applications to settle with me in the United Kingdom permanently.
I am a British Citizen (Passport Number XXXX) currently living in XXXX United Kingdom and working for XXXXXX (Part of the XXXXXXX) with a permanent role an XXXXXX since XXXXXX. I am currently earning XXXXXX pounds a year which exceeds the Financial requirements needed to support them in their applications.

My wife and I were acquainted previously as we were studying in the same high school in XXXXX (XXXXXXXX) until her parents decided to move back to the XXXXXX in 1999 for her to pursue college education. We reconnected around January 2006 when our classmates organized a mini school reunion in XXXXXX. After this, we started to meet frequently as we have grown fond of each other’s company. We share many interests together including Movies, Music and Good Food. We started dating officially two months after (March 2006). Her sense of humour, honesty and caring personality made me fall in love with her. Our relationship furthered and continued along the way.

We started living together around the end of 2008 after we found out the wonderful news that we’re expecting a baby. I was then renting an apartment at XXXXXXXX. Our Daughter, XXXXX was born on XXXX in XXXX and we were living together as a family ever since.

We decided to get married on XXXXX. We went for a small but intimate ceremony with the local XXXXXX where our immediate family and a few friends have attended this solemn occasion.

We have talked about our future and the possibility of moving and settling in the United Kingdom. After much ponder and consideration, we have made the decision. To create some stability in the United Kingdom and not to disrupt our Daughter from her schooling, I went ahead first and left for United Kingdom on XXXXX. My wife and Daughter returned to live with her parents during this transition. After a few months of being here, I have secured a full-time job to support them. This is the first time I have been away from the both of them for this long. As any family, we were in contact daily during the time we were apart. We would talk on the phone and send each other messages through WhatsApp.

Our plans are to continue our family life here in the United Kingdom. My mother owns her own property at XXXXXXX where she’s currently living on her own. She has agreed to let us live there for as long as we want or until we can secure a place of our own. My wife would like to continue her career as she was previously in the HR industry and for my daughter to find a suitable school for her to continue her studies. I am very excited to start a new chapter of our family life in United Kingdom and I can’t wait for them to join me in calling United Kingdom our home.

Please kindly note that I will be including the relevant supporting documents needed as evidence of our subsiding relationship, financial documents and accommodation requirements. I hope you will find these satisfactory and can proceed with my Wife and Daughter’s settlement applications.
Thank you for your time on reviewing their applications and look forward to receiving your decision.

Yours Sincerely,

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Way too touchy and long, needs to be more firm and streamlined. I've added a very brief comment to get you thinking.

Paragraph 1 - they already know your passport numbers etc from your application. Just stick to the first line "I am writing this letter in support of my Wife, XXXXX and Daughter".

Paragraph 2 - write something like. I have known xxxx since (year) and began a relationship on March 2006. Our relationship progressed and we moved in together in 2008. My wife gave birth to our child xxxxx on. We then got married on xxxxx.

Get rid of we talked about possibility. Just say we have firmly decided to reside in UK and raise a family in UK. We plan to work and support a family without using any public funds.

Include visits, times spent together, what method of communications used here.

I strongly believe that I meet all the criteria to sponsor my wife and kindly submit to you our support documents for your viewing.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxx

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:34 pm
Way too touchy and long, needs to be more firm and streamlined. I've added a very brief comment to get you thinking.

Paragraph 1 - they already know your passport numbers etc from your application. Just stick to the first line "I am writing this letter in support of my Wife, XXXXX and Daughter".

Paragraph 2 - write something like. I have known xxxx since (year) and began a relationship on March 2006. Our relationship progressed and we moved in together in 2008. My wife gave birth to our child xxxxx on. We then got married on xxxxx.

Get rid of we talked about possibility. Just say we have firmly decided to reside in UK and raise a family in UK. We plan to work and support a family without using any public funds.

I strongly believe that I meet all the criteria to sponsor my wife and kindly submit to you our support documents for your viewing.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxx
Thanks Londoner007, i appreciate your suggestions and insight. I will look at it again and remove/add some of those that you have mentioned.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:39 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:34 pm

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxx
Hi Londoner007,

Sorry to bother you again but i got a couple of questions.

In the Appendix 2 form, they asked when we met? Do I put the date in the 90s or the time we reconnected in 2006??

Also, for the bank statements, I have 5 months of it through the post and waiting for the 6th month but since it comes 2 weeks after the month starts.. it might shorten the time frame. Is it possible to print the 6 month online and just have the bank chop and sign it? Is there anything else I need from them?

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Thu May 03, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi all,

Can someone help me with the follow questions please:

I know we need to provide 6 months of bank statements - So far I have 5 months worth of original statements sent through the post with my last statement ending April 6 2018. The next statement will be generated on the 8th of May but I won't receive it until a few days later. What I wanted to know was if it's possible to go to the bank and print out the transactions for April 6 2018 to the current date? Am I able to use this as the 6th month bank statement?

Also, Will the bank be able to print them on their letterhead with an additional of stamping and chopping it to prove it's authenticity? Will I need an accompany letter from the bank as well?

Lastly, do I need to write a cover letter explaining why the 6th month statement is a print off by the bank and not an original statement through the post?

Please help.

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 03, 2018 7:10 pm

sevendust12 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:27 pm
Hi all,

I know we need to provide 6 months of bank statements - So far I have 5 months worth of original statements sent through the post with my last statement ending April 6 2018. The next statement will be generated on the 8th of May but I won't receive it until a few days later. What I wanted to know was if it's possible to go to the bank and print out the transactions for April 6 2018 to the current date? Am I able to use this as the 6th month bank statement?

Also, Will the bank be able to print them on their letterhead with an additional of stamping and chopping it to prove it's authenticity? Will I need an accompany letter from the bank as well?

Lastly, do I need to write a cover letter explaining why the 6th month statement is a print off by the bank and not an original statement through the post?

Please help.

Thanks.
yes your planned strategy about getting the missing bits of bank statement is correct. Simply go to the bank and ask for the bank statement/transaction entries on their letterhead which they will give you happily. These ones are acceptable and you just add it in sequence with other bank statements. Do not write covering letter only for it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:29 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:10 pm
sevendust12 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:27 pm
Hi all,

Please help.

Thanks.
yes your planned strategy about getting the missing bits of bank statement is correct. Simply go to the bank and ask for the bank statement/transaction entries on their letterhead which they will give you happily. These ones are acceptable and you just add it in sequence with other bank statements. Do not write covering letter only for it.
Hi Seagul, thank you.

I got a slight problem. I went to the bank and printed the transactions from the last date on my previous statement till today (it was done through the machine, it wasn’t coloured just black and white). On each of the pages, there’s a small bank stamp with Words “certified copy”. May I know if this is sufficient? I tried to get them to chop and sign but wouldn’t do it. They said that digital stamp on each page is enough.

I also tried requesting for a letter of authenticity but that they refused also. Please let me know if this is ok to send along with the rest of my statements which are originals and sent through the post??