ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about dependant visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sunnyag
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Confused about dependant visa

Post by sunnyag » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:46 pm

Dear Members,

As of now I am on Tier 2 General visa sponsored by my employer and my wife is my dependant on a Tier 2 Dependant visa.

My and my wifes visas expires on same date 15 July 2018.

I will be applying for ILR as I will be completing 5 years.

I am not sure which visa to apply for my wife?

What I was thinking I will be using the premium service to get the ILR in 1 day 28 days before expiry of my visa. And then quickly I will apply for my visa visa as ILR dependant.

Am I correct, please suggest?

Thanks a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confused about dependant visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Your dependent can apply for a Tier 2 Dependent visa extension. It will be a 3 year visa.

Do not switch to ILR Dependent (FLR(M)) as this will reset her clock for ILR to zero and a new 5 year residence period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunnyag
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sunnyag » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I am sorry can you please help me locate the application form to be filled ?

Nothing comes up when i search Tier 2 Dependant Extension.

Thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:59 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sunnyag
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sunnyag » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I have read multiple threads and here is what i understand.

Can you please confirm?

Tier 2 Extension:
1. Will be given for 3 years and can be extended again till ILR (5 years)
2. ILR clock will not be reset.
3. Maintainance fund of minimum £630 will be needed in dependant or sponsor (me) bank account
4. Premium one day service is available
5. Health Surcharge will be £200 per year.
6. No English language proof requirement
7. Fee is £928 for standard service by post/online.

FLR-M
1. Will be given for 2.5 years and extention will be for 2.5 years.
2. ILR clock will be reset.
3. Financial requirement (Partner salary >£18600, currently dependent unemployed)
6. English language proof required.
7. Fee is £1,033 for application by post/online.

Addtional Questions:
1. What is the application form name like SET(O), etc for tier 2 dependant. Link please?
2. Since mine and my dependant(wife) visa expires on same date 15 July 2018. I am worried about the time available to apply for my wifes visa. I mean I will be applying for ILR 30 days before expiry in premium service with same day result say on 16 June 2018. And with ILR in hand we will have only 30 days to apply for my dependant visa and get results, so given this tight timeline for my wife I have to apply for premium service for my wife also?

Thanks a lot for all the answers.

sunnyag
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sunnyag » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:16 am

Dear CR001 and Moderators,

Can you please reply. Would help me in this stressful situation.

Thanks a lot for your support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:54 am

Tier 2 Extension:
1. Will be given for 3 years and can be extended again till ILR (5 years)
2. ILR clock will not be reset.
3. Maintainance fund of minimum £630 will be needed in dependant or sponsor (me) bank account
6. No English language proof requirement
7. Fee is £928 for standard service by post/online.
It is £704 for dependents for up to 3 years as far as HO website says (click). IHS total will be £600 yes. Maintenance funds in EITHER bank account. Rest is all correct.
FLR-M
1. Will be given for 2.5 years and extention will be for 2.5 years.
2. ILR clock will be reset.
3. Financial requirement (Partner salary >£18600, currently dependent unemployed)
6. English language proof required.
7. Fee is £1,033 for application by post/online.
All correct yes.

1. What is the application form name like SET(O), etc for tier 2 dependant. Link please?
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
2. Since mine and my dependant(wife) visa expires on same date 15 July 2018. I am worried about the time available to apply for my wifes visa. I mean I will be applying for ILR 30 days before expiry in premium service with same day result say on 16 June 2018. And with ILR in hand we will have only 30 days to apply for my dependant visa and get results, so given this tight timeline for my wife I have to apply for premium service for my wife also?
Your wife can apply by post but she must apply BEFORE her visa expires. Not sure why you think you only have '30 days'. Her visa conditions continue once her current visa expires provided she has applied for an extension before her current expiry date. Or apply premium service if you want to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sunnyag
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sunnyag » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Again thanks alot for your help and support. Regarding your comment below in yellow:
Your wife can apply by post but she must apply BEFORE her visa expires. Not sure why you think you only have '30 days'. Her visa conditions continue once her current visa expires provided she has applied for an extension before her current expiry date. Or apply premium service if you want to.
I say 30 days because, my wife's eligibility to apply for Tier 2 dependant extension depends on me getting ILR, isn't it? And I can only apply for ILR before 28 or 30 days before expiry. So please tell if you agree that she has limited time to apply for tier 2 dependant extension?

I now understand after her application is submitted she can stay legally in UK until a decision..

Another question:
1. Please tell where it is mentioned on UK govt website if Tier 2 Dependants can apply for an extension if the sponsor is on ILR? Is PBS Dependant guideline page 3 point 4 sufficient?
2. Maintenance fund: When my wife will apply the funds required will be £630 funds for 90 days or £630+ £945 to support dependant and your ILR partner?

Again many many thanks for your patience and support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:18 pm

I say 30 days because, my wife's eligibility to apply for Tier 2 dependant extension depends on me getting ILR, isn't it? And I can only apply for ILR before 28 or 30 days before expiry. So please tell if you agree that she has limited time to apply for tier 2 dependant extension?
As long as she applies before her visa expires, she is fine.
Another question:
1. Please tell where it is mentioned on UK govt website if Tier 2 Dependants can apply for an extension if the sponsor is on ILR? Is PBS Dependant guideline page 3 point 4 sufficient?

The Immigration Rules allow it. See dependants-of-ilr-economic-5-year-route-applicants (click). HO know the rules!!
2. Maintenance fund: When my wife will apply the funds required will be £630 funds for 90 days or £630+ £945 to support dependant and your ILR partner?

£630.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sunnyag
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sunnyag » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:09 pm

Thanks a lot.

Can you please advise, for ILR application via Tier 2 general route the 5 years is counted form date of arrival in UK or date of tier 2 general visa start? For me there is a one month difference between them. Thanks.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:48 pm

Your Tier 2 general visa start date.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:51 pm

your wife can apply IHS surcharge refund if she gets ILR earlier. I.e. if she gets ILR 1 year after extension, as you paid 3 years surcharge, you can get 2 years refund.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:17 am

sunnyag wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:46 pm
Dear Members,

As of now I am on Tier 2 General visa sponsored by my employer and my wife is my dependant on a Tier 2 Dependant visa.

My and my wifes visas expires on same date 15 July 2018.

I will be applying for ILR as I will be completing 5 years.

I am not sure which visa to apply for my wife?

What I was thinking I will be using the premium service to get the ILR in 1 day 28 days before expiry of my visa. And then quickly I will apply for my visa visa as ILR dependant.

Am I correct, please suggest?

Thanks a lot
I'm totally confused after reading CR001's reply. Once you and your wife complete 5 years on Tier 2 visa and Tier 2 dependant visa respectively, why can't your wife apply for ILR at the same time?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Dreamer1986
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Dreamer1986 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:22 pm

What about police clearance for extending the dependent visa? My husband will be applying for trier 2 training . Both our current visas (him tier 2 general and me tier 2 dependent ) expire in October !
Can I apply later say August ?
Do I need to provide police clearances from every country past ten years again like I did for the origional ???
Anyone can please reply it would be such a great help 🙏🏽

Dreamer1986
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Dreamer1986 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:25 pm

Do we have to provide police clearances for tier 2 dependent extension?
My husband is on tier 2 general , I’m on tier 2 dependent both our visas are til October . He is applying for training now and will change to training visa .
Can I apply later towards August or just I apply with him now ?
Do I have to provide police clearances again as I did for the first dependent visa? This would be an extension of what I have now
Work permitted is on it would that continue becuase I too am working ??
If anyone could reply I would be so great full
🙏🏽