ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lulu65
Newly Registered
Canada

Passport submitted after successful Fiance visa appeal

Post by Lulu65 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new here and I'm looking for information about my Fiance visa.

I have won my appeal in January 2018 and the determination was dated January 30th, 2018. I finally received an email from Home Office on 29-03-2018 to say "we are ready to issue your visa. You need to pay IHS fees and submit your passport". I paid the IHS fees on the same day and went to VFS Ottawa office on the 03-04-2018.

Now I'm wondering how long it might take them to issue and report my passport with the visa? I would be interested in knowing about your timelines.

Thanks for any information you can give me,

Lulu65
Newly Registered
Canada

IHS payment

Post by Lulu65 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Hello guys,

Someone told me I didn't have to pay IHS fees with a fiance visa.

I had applied for a fiance visa in 2016. It was refused, we appealed and won this past January. I received an email 2 weeks ago from Sheffield saying they were ready to issue me with UK visa but that I had to pay IHS fee first. I got another email that same day with the IHS link for payment.

Can anyone tell me what is right? If I didn't have to pay it, what should I do. Should I just leave it and deal with it when it's time to apply for Spouse visa and pay IHS fees again?

Thanks for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS payment

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:56 am

It is not relevant to a fiance visa as the visa is only valid for 6 months.

The email was likely automated.

If not relevant to your visa, IHS will be refunded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lulu65
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: IHS payment

Post by Lulu65 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:11 am

Thanks CR001

Lulu65
Newly Registered
Canada

Passport help

Post by Lulu65 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:54 pm

Hello,

I submitted my passport a few weeks ago to VFS Ottawa after my successful appeal. Does anyone know where it would have been sent from there? Would it be the British High Commission or would it be kept at VFS until the visa was ready to be stamped in it?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm looking into making a complaint in a few weeks time to get them to stamp and return the passport asap.

Thanks guys

Lulu65
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Passport help

Post by Lulu65 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 am

Finally got this email today from VISASHEFFIELD

Regarding Visa Application: GWFXXXXXXXXX
For XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your enquiry

It appears that the work on your application has been, or is about to be, completed. You may be able to track the return of your passport through the couriers website. It may take upto 10 days from leaving here, as packages are sometimes delayed by customs.

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards
FRG

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Re: Passport help

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:38 am

Lulu65 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 am
Finally got this email today from VISASHEFFIELD

For XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It appears that the work on your application has been, or is about to be, completed. You may be able to track the return of your passport through the couriers website. It may take upto 10 days from leaving here, as packages are sometimes delayed by customs.

Kind Regards
FRG

Ahh!!

Its so annoying that your so close but so far at the same time!!

I hope it comes back soon, you have waited too long xx

Lulu65
Newly Registered
Canada

Visa question

Post by Lulu65 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question I hope someone can help me with. So I received this email yesterday:

Dear XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

For XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

So I am assuming my passport, with the visa, will arrive in a few weeks, at most. My question is, I read somewhere (can't remember exactly where) that a visa had to be "activated" by going through Customs. I am going to Northern Ireland and I usually come in through Dublin as it's quicker and much cheaper than flying to London and on to NI. Would my visa be activated going through Dublin? And if not, can I go and activate it when I get to NI other than going through Customs at airport or do I absolutely need to go through London first?

Thanks for your help,

secret.simon

Re: Visa question

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Lulu65 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:21 pm
a visa had to be "activated" by going through Customs.
Not Customs, but likely Immigration.

While Ireland and the UK work very closely on immigration due to the CTA, I would suggest erring on the side of caution and flying in via an airport in the UK. It need not be London. Scotland has different (likely cheaper) rates of air passenger duty than the rest of Great Britain (NI does not have any, to the best of my knowledge). So, perhaps you may want to look at transiting via Scotland.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Lulu65
Newly Registered
Canada

Wrong visa received?

Post by Lulu65 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:53 am

Hello guys,

So, finally after 2 1/2 years, I have finally received my visa :D Only one thing weird about it. Originally, I had applied for a Fiance Visa. I received my passport with the Visa today and, looking at it and reading the letter that came with it, I'm thinking I was emitted with an Unmarried Visa?

On the visa it says : HMF - Spouse Partner - Work permitted - No public funds.

On the letter it says: You will have permission to be in the UK as LEAVE TO ENTER OUTSIDE OF THE RULES from 01 May 2018 to 01 Feb 2021

I also have paid IHS and have to pick up my BRP.

I am not going to say anything as this seems more advantageous than a Fiance Visa.

Now, my questions are:

1) Am I right in thinking it's an Unmarried partner visa?
2) We are supposed to get married in June. Does that affect the visa, as in will I have to apply for a spouse visa after getting married, or does it not change anything?

Your help would be much appreciated,

Lulu65

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 11, 2018 2:01 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 11, 2018 2:04 am

Yes. It looks like an unmarried partner visa. Can be continued after marriage.

Did you pay the IHS?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.