ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor born outside UK settlement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sapewm2
Newly Registered
India

Minor born outside UK settlement

Post by sapewm2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:12 am

Hello Forum

I would be illegible for UK citizenship on 05.05.18 i.e next week.

My 10 year daughter has valid dependent Tier 1 visa till 2020 & she has been staying in UK since Nov 2012.

Does she need settlement?

Or does she will qualify automatic citizenship once I am granted in next 3 - 4 months ?

Or do I need to apply for her citizenship along with my naturalization application?

Sorry too many questions....

Regards

secret.simon

Re: Minor born outside UK settlement

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:32 am

The immigration status of children born outside the UK is in-line with the less privileged parent. So, what is the UK immigration status of the other parent?
sapewm2 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:12 am
Does she need settlement?
Yes. She will need to apply for the same FLR as the second parent and should apply for ILR with the second parent.
sapewm2 wrote:
Or does she will qualify automatic citizenship once I am granted in next 3 - 4 months ?
No.
sapewm2 wrote:
Or do I need to apply for her citizenship along with my naturalization application?
Children born abroad are expected to have ILR before being registered as British citizens.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.