ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does really UK job portal works for indian?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolforyou
Newly Registered

Does really UK job portal works for indian?

Post by coolforyou » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:04 pm

hi all,
I am completely new to this. I am sorry for my noob Questions.

I am a I.T employee (developer) has 7 + years of experience , working in india for different I.T companies. After long time i got placed in MNC and presently i am working for UK client for more than a year, but still i didnt Get right project and chance to work in uk (intra company transfers)and there are so many experienced in queue so i lost hope .

now I would love to work in UK for its best pound value.

I was trying to apply in famous UK job portal which matches my skills but no one is responding, not even a mail saying my resume is viewed and rejected due to this reason.

Can someone help me why I am not considered by job portals? And steps I should take to get tier 1 general sponsored visa ?

Due to my family financial situation. i thought of trying to get job in UK. so please help me .. thanks in advance

Casa

Re: Does really UK job portal works for indian?

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 pm

The Tier 1 General route was closed by the Home Office on 6th April 2015 :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

coolforyou
Newly Registered

Post by coolforyou » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:32 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 pm
The Tier 1 General route was closed by the Home Office on 6th April 2015 :!:
OMG ... Thanks for your valuable reply casa.

Is there any route that i can go to UK for professional I.T Job as long term contract ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:39 am

You could only take the Tier 2 General sponsor route. If you are currently in the UK on a Tier 2 ICT, you cannot switch to Tier 2 without serving 12 month cooling off period outside the UK.

For Tier 2 General, you are not permitted to 'contract'. You must only work for your sponsor on their PAYE payroll.

List of HO approved sponsors in link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers

Alternatively, if you have access to £200,000, you could look at the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa if you wish to start your own business.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coolforyou
Newly Registered

Post by coolforyou » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:41 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:39 am
You could only take the Tier 2 General sponsor route. If you are currently in the UK on a Tier 2 ICT, you cannot switch to Tier 2 without serving 12 month cooling off period outside the UK.

For Tier 2 General, you are not permitted to 'contract'. You must only work for your sponsor on their PAYE payroll.

List of HO approved sponsors in link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers

Alternatively, if you have access to £200,000, you could look at the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa if you wish to start your own business.
HI CR001,
Thanks for your good option. You brought hope in me.

Tier 2 general is what i was looking for. I dont know much about tier information.
Above link has so many Licensed sponsors. But I don't know how to find sponsors who has job opening for my Skill ?

How do they recruit overseas people ? through Uk goverment job portal or normal portal like cwjobs.co.uk ?

I tried applying for my skill in many jobs suggested by cwjobs.co.uk but waste of time.

can you please help and direct me in right path? Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:52 am

Most employers have to use Universal Job Match and one other to conduct RLMT.

Most also advertise on their own websites.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

coolforyou
Newly Registered

Post by coolforyou » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:52 am
Most employers have to use Universal Job Match and one other to conduct RLMT.

Most also advertise on their own websites.
Thank you very much for your valuable information. I am so happy. Thanks again. I found Jobs for my skill in (Universal Job Match )https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:50 am

Good luck with your job search.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

coolforyou
Newly Registered

Post by coolforyou » Tue May 01, 2018 8:33 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:50 am
Good luck with your job search.
Thank you very much :)

kushalprasad
Newly Registered

Post by kushalprasad » Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 am

coolforyou wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:04 pm
hi all,

I am a I.T employee (developer) has 7 + years of experience , working in india for different I.T companies. After long time i got placed in MNC and presently i am working for UK client for more than a year, but still i didnt Get right project and chance to work in uk (intra company transfers)and there are so many experienced in queue so i lost hope .

I was trying to apply in famous UK job portal which matches my skills but no one is responding, not even a mail saying my resume is viewed and rejected due to this reason.

Can someone help me why I am not considered by job portals? And steps I should take to get tier 1 general sponsored visa ?

Due to my family financial situation. i thought of trying to get job in UK. so please help me .. thanks in advance
Been there, seen that 2 decades of experience. UK job portals suck big time. 99% of jobs are fake specially those posted by agencies. No company will sponsor you VISA unless you know someone inside or get it in other ways. Intra-company transfer is the best route for you something likes of Wipro, Infy use. They flood IT market here try that route. Forget about any other route as it's all closed. And take my advice of 2 decades of experience don't come here. Go to USA, go to Silicon Valley, make your dream come true. UK will suck everything out of you. It's boring, weather sucks, people are loony bin, you get discriminated almost everywhere specially if you have that thick Indian accent.

You may have saved few bucks working here on Intra-transfer but if you start living like us then all you save is your debt. There is no saving.

coolforyou
Newly Registered

Post by coolforyou » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:27 am

kushalprasad wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 am
coolforyou wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:04 pm
hi all,

Been there, seen that 2 decades of experience. UK job portals suck big time. 99% of jobs are bad quality specially those posted by agencies. No company will sponsor you VISA unless you know someone inside or get it in other ways. Intra-company transfer is the best route for you something likes of Wipro, Infy use. They flood IT market here try that route. Forget about any other route as it's all closed. And take my advice of 2 decades of experience don't come here. Go to USA, go to Silicon Valley, make your dream come true. UK will suck everything out of you. It's boring, weather sucks, people are loony bin, you get discriminated almost everywhere specially if you have that thick Indian accent.

You may have saved few bucks working here on Intra-transfer but if you start living like us then all you save is your debt. There is no saving.
Really thanks a lot for your wonderful advice my dear bro.

Yes, Many people told me there will not be any saving if we live with family and work in UK.

But now i am into financial crisis, so i need UK salary and planning to live alone there for just 1 year and earn some money and come back to India.

Of course , USA the best , but don't know any thing about USA and i have not worked with any USA clients before , my past experience are only with UK clients. Let me try about getting JOB in USA in our site