ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Syjem

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:23 am

eu2irishman wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:28 am
Hi Guys - Did anyone receive any update recently? We received the standard template mail on Friday saying that the application continues to be processed and the last time we called the application was waiting for a Garda report.

Kindly post your updates incase you call them or receive an email from them.

Thanks
:D
Which team has responded to your email. If it is team 4, it means that your application is currently with submission team and the next communication with you should be the outcome of your application.
I have talked to them today, I got very kind gentle man on the phone, he told me that my application is with the submission team (Team 4) and he can not give any time-frame as this stage might take one week or few weeks and it includes preparing the application to the minister and sending it to him. He told that he can not tell whether the application is submitted to minister because the system doesn't show this information.

eu2irishman
Newly Registered

Post by eu2irishman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:50 am

Syjem wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:23 am
eu2irishman wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:28 am
Hi Guys - Did anyone receive any update recently? We received the standard template mail on Friday saying that the application continues to be processed and the last time we called the application was waiting for a Garda report.

Kindly post your updates incase you call them or receive an email from them.

Thanks
:D
Which team has responded to your email. If it is team 4, it means that your application is currently with submission team and the next communication with you should be the outcome of your application.
I have talked to them today, I got very kind gentle man on the phone, he told me that my application is with the submission team (Team 4) and he can not give any time-frame as this stage might take one week or few weeks and it includes preparing the application to the minister and sending it to him. He told that he can not tell whether the application is submitted to minister because the system doesn't show this information.

The mail we received was from team 1. It was waiting on a GARDA report.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:02 am

eu2irishman wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:50 am
The mail we received was from team 1. It was waiting on a GARDA report.
If it is Team1, most likely, as they told you, that they are waiting for some reports.

Soph80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Soph80 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi all,
I’ve been reading this forum from the day i submit my application. I just want to comment that the teams who are processing the applications are not base on the status or the stages of your application because mine was handled by one person only (Team 1); from initial letter, second letter and approval.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Soph80 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:16 pm
Hi all,
I’ve been reading this forum from the day i submit my application. I just want to comment that the teams who are processing the applications are not base on the status or the stages of your application because mine was handled by one person only (Team 1); from initial letter, second letter and approval.

exactly what i have suggested many times here , trying to guess is a bad idead

Can you please share your timeline on you application it will help some of us please thanks

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 pm

In my case, I received letters after my application requesting further documentation and then an acknowledgment all from Team 2. Sent an email requesting an update on my application,i got a response from Team 1. Sent another email after a few months, got response from Team4. Few weeks ago I received my second letter after several months and it was from Team 2. I agree with the above statement it doesn’t matter what team you get your response from. I think they might be split in Teams and they are all assigned to carry out the same task with the final decision made by the minister.

Soph80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Soph80 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi broli,
I will post it on the 2017 timeline because i applied last August of 2017 based on 5+ years residency (14 yrs in Ireland from stamp1 to stamp4)

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:02 am

Hi Guys,

Everytime i email them i always get a reply from "Team 1" I don't know if that's really matter. I applied since june 2016 and still waiting for decision. I don't think we are getting any approvals for 21st may ceremony. I really don't know how long more we going to wait for this. I am very devastated.

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 am

Although I called 4, 3 and 2 weeks go and all confirmed it's being prepared to submit to minister, I have emailed them 3 days ago and today got same canned response below :(

Thank you for your email. Your application for naturalisation continues to
be processed. If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter
related to your application is required from you, we will write to you
requesting it.

Please Note each application is assessed on an individual basis and the
amount of time gathering all the the necessary information varies from
application to application. While it is not possible to give an exact
timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been
reached.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 1

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:47 am

omarel wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 am
Although I called 4, 3 and 2 weeks go and all confirmed it's being prepared to submit to minister, I have emailed them 3 days ago and today got same canned response below :(

Thank you for your email. Your application for naturalisation continues to
be processed. If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter
related to your application is required from you, we will write to you
requesting it.

Please Note each application is assessed on an individual basis and the
amount of time gathering all the the necessary information varies from
application to application. While it is not possible to give an exact
timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been
reached.

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 1
Let your TD send an email and ask them about the progress of your application, It may help.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:23 am

omarel
6 weeks ago I was application is ready to be submitted.
3 weeks ago I was told on phone my application is submitted
last week when I called I was told they are waiting for garda reports and the application will be submitted once all reports are done.
I email them on Monday and word to word I got the same response as you today from team 1.

your not alone in this bro.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:32 am

btw anyone hasn't receive approval yet should not hope for may ceremony as its too late they start sending invitations.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:34 am

Mal111 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:32 am
btw anyone hasn't receive approval yet should not hope for may ceremony as its too late they start sending invitations.
Agree

Napster2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Napster2018 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Well ladies and lads, you are not alone. I applied back in June 2015 basesd on 5 years EUFAM which was approved back in 2009, also have 10 year EUFAM stamp And received approval letter on 18 April 2018. Already send them €950 along with 2 passports photos and my orignal GNIB card. So don’t worry everyone will get approved soon hopefully. Exact time don’t remember I have post timeline back in 2007 but can’t remember my password for that ID. So good luck to everyone who are waiting. 😀

hassaanhaque
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassaanhaque » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:00 am

Congratulations Napster2018
Napster2018 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:11 pm
Well ladies and lads, you are not alone. I applied back in June 2015 basesd on 5 years EUFAM which was approved back in 2009, also have 10 year EUFAM stamp And received approval letter on 18 April 2018. Already send them €950 along with 2 passports photos and my orignal GNIB card. So don’t worry everyone will get approved soon hopefully. Exact time don’t remember I have post timeline back in 2007 but can’t remember my password for that ID. So good luck to everyone who are waiting. 😀

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi guys!!

First of all congrats Napster for your approval after such a long wait. All of us who are waiting since 2016 should take some legal action because i don't think we are getting approved soon, Like this we will have to wait may be some more years. Department is delaying those applications for no reason and may be waiting us to take some further step. One of my friend adviced me to contact some well known barrister to contact them and ask them to make a decision on those application. Everyone deserve respect and deserve to be citizen in this country. I have already started searching for some good legal adviser. If you guys have some other suggestion i would be more than happy to know it.
Thanks

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:14 pm

rockyguy wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 pm
Hi guys!!

First of all congrats Napster for your approval after such a long wait. All of us who are waiting since 2016 should take some legal action because i don't think we are getting approved soon, Like this we will have to wait may be some more years. Department is delaying those applications for no reason and may be waiting us to take some further step. One of my friend adviced me to contact some well known barrister to contact them and ask them to make a decision on those application. Everyone deserve respect and deserve to be citizen in this country. I have already started searching for some good legal adviser. If you guys have some other suggestion i would be more than happy to know it.
Thanks
@rockguy, there are big number of applications from 2016 that are still waiting, the minister of justice has stated in responding to one parliamentary question that there is still 1700 applications pending from 2016. Taking legal action is recommended and I think all should doing that after completing the two years waiting as suggested by one member here. I believe the lawyer will ask to have a look on your file and ask for a reason in delaying the decision. I believe once the process starts they will make decisions on those applications in question if the delay is deliberate for no reason. I am aiming to consult a lawyer after completing the two years as I fed up of the different stories that I am hearing about my application every week.

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi

has anyone noticed that the majority of people who are still waiting are either india, pakistani or around the south east asian subcontinent. does this not constitute of beloved on their part?? Or am I just thinking that!!

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue May 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Has anyone been in touch with the office today? What was the latest update you get from them? The last email I got is the application continues to be processed from Team 4.

eu2irishman
Newly Registered

Post by eu2irishman » Wed May 02, 2018 10:30 am

I had called them last week and I was told that they have received the GARDA and other reports and file has not been submitted.

I called them yesterday and I was told that the application is still in second stage.

So it appears that they will process it only after the next ceremony is finished.

Did anyone else have any luck?

Zombrano1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Zombrano1 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:08 am

Hi,
Can you please send me privately the name of the solicitor and how much did he charge you?
Thank you
amwaraich wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm
The best option is to seek legal advice. I applied in Aug 2016 and my application was not moving a bit ever since. I met a solicitor and after his letters to citizenship my application has been submitted to minister and now I am waiting for decision.

I made a number of calls but to no avail. I even went to my local TD three times but same standard copy/paste response was sent to TD as well.

My solicitor sent a letter in Oct 2017 and I got response after 3 weeks that my application is being prepared for submission to minister. After 5 weeks in Dec 2017 my solicitor sent another letter asking for an update but no response. He sent a reminder and got response on 12 Jan that my application has been submitted to minister and as they get a response they will let us know.

So if someone has been waiting for more than 1 year and they still getting standard copy/paste responses, in my opinion they should seek legal advice. I know it will cost you money but at least you will get a proper response from citizenship.

I hope it will help someone.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:44 am

Zombrano1 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:08 am
Hi,
Can you please send me privately the name of the solicitor and how much did he charge you?
Thank you
You do not have access to the privilege of the PM function as you are a new member.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

omarel
Palestine

Post by omarel » Thu May 03, 2018 11:48 am

Anyone heard any updates? I tried calling them this morning, took me 200 calls and still couldn't get through!

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Thu May 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Zombrano1 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:08 am
Hi,
Thank you
Sorry I haven't got access to private messages.

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Thu May 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Syjem wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:14 pm
@rockguy, there are big number of applications from 2016 that are still waiting, the minister of justice has stated in responding to one parliamentary question that there is still 1700 applications pending from 2016. Taking legal action is recommended and I think all should doing that after completing the two years waiting as suggested by one member here. I believe the lawyer will ask to have a look on your file and ask for a reason in delaying the decision. I believe once the process starts they will make decisions on those applications in question if the delay is deliberate for no reason. I am aiming to consult a lawyer after completing the two years as I fed up of the different stories that I am hearing about my application every week.
I am also doing the same. Is there any way to contact you?
Thanks.