ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Fiance visa refusal

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:35 pm
AnnaSh wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:44 am
Guys I think for fiancée visa there is a special test called IELTS Life Skills Level A1 – speaking & listening. And I think they can only accept this one. When I was applying I asked my solicitor about it as I have EILTS and CEA and he wait to do life skills
AnnaSh,
To make long story short. Our MP had multiple communications with the HO, and the reason of the refusal was not the test, but the fact that we didn’t state UKVI number in the application.

We reapplied, because appeal timelines are impossible.
I will suggest you not to confuse others if you yourself is unable to understand despite a lot members has suggested that ielts academic & general are not acceptable. You strictly have to pass A1 test from HO list. Problem is not just to not stating the test reference number rather the wrong type. If someone hasn't passed yet the A1 test then passing B1 might be a better idea.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:49 pm

Katie_France wrote:
AnnaSh wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:44 am
Guys I think for fiancée visa there is a special test called IELTS Life Skills Level A1 – speaking & listening. And I think they can only accept this one. When I was applying I asked my solicitor about it as I have EILTS and CEA and he wait to do life skills
AnnaSh,
To make long story short. Our MP had multiple communications with the HO, and the reason of the refusal was not the test, but the fact that we didn’t state UKVI number in the application.

Hope it all goes quick for you this time

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 pm
Katie_France wrote:

AnnaSh,

I will suggest you not to confuse others if you yourself is unable to understand despite a lot members has suggested that ielts academic & general are not acceptable. You strictly have to pass A1 test from HO list. Problem is not just to not stating the test reference number rather the wrong type. If someone hasn't passed yet the A1 test then passing B1 might be a better idea.
Seagul, it’s not to confuse anyone but a personal experience with official explanations from the HO. As long as the test is IELTS for UKVI, taken from the approved English test list and the application has the test’s UKVI number, it’s fine.

The HO accepted that the test was correct, but I didn’t include UKVI number on the application, as per the current rules.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:15 pm

I wanted to give an update to my story. I reapplied for a spouse visa second time, and received my passport back today with visa granted. It took 32 days (priority) for the second application.

I wish everyone good luck and receive their decisions soon.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:15 pm
I wanted to give an update to my story. I reapplied for a spouse visa second time, and received my passport back today with visa granted. It took 32 days (priority) for the second application.

Congratulations Katie! I hope you continue to contribute on the forum. :)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AnnaSh
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnnaSh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:19 pm
Katie_France wrote:

Ah how lovely) happy for you) see you in London 🙂

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:42 pm

All the best for the future now you can relax a bit, happy days for you!
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:46 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Thank you so much Casa! I will definitely continue to contribute.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:48 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:42 pm
All the best for the future now you can relax a bit, happy days for you!
Thank you so much Londoner007! It really means a lot for us. We can start building our life together.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:51 pm

AnnaSh wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Ah how lovely) happy for you) see you in London 🙂
AnnaSh,
Wish you to get your visa soon! As of today I don’t regret spending money for the second application.

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Katie_France wrote:

Congratulations Katie, well deserved!!

so happy for you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:21 pm

Congratulations Katie on your wise strategy. We all know that you were very upset from refusal due to IELTS test but how had you sorted out in your second application, whether you used the same or passed another one.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 pm

Seagul, thank you so much. It is a great relief.

No, I didn’t pass another test. As I wrote in my previous posts (this information was after the visa application, so I actually took the risk) HO informed MP that it wasn’t the problem with the test I submitted but the problem that I didn’t state IELTS UKVI number in the application as per the guidance. So now they agreed that my test was correct and their response contradicts the rejection. Now MP is questioning HO, why did they refuse, if I attached the correct test and just didn’t state UKVI number in the application.

Very expensive and good lesson to read the guidance carefully before applying. Even a minor mistake can lead to the rejection...

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:45 pm

First of All congratulations Katie_France !!

Secondly, I am slightly panicked as I have submitted application for my wife and sent supporting documents already. I have not stated UKVI number and have only mentioned IELTS Life Skills A1 in Q.97. Should I be worried? What I can do to correct this :?:

Congratulations once again!
Spouse(Wife) Standard
App Submitted Online: 15/09/18
Bio-metrics: Lahore, PK 17/09/18
Supp Docs Sent: 18/09/18
ECO Email: 25/10/18
Docs Returned: 26/10/18
Decision: ALHAMDULILLAH !! Approved 04/12/18

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 pm

No, I didn’t pass another test. As I wrote in my previous posts (this information was after the visa application, so I actually took the risk) HO informed MP that it wasn’t the problem with the test I submitted but the problem that I didn’t state IELTS UKVI number in the application as per the guidance. So now they agreed that my test was correct and their response contradicts the rejection. Now MP is questioning HO, why did they refuse, if I attached the correct test and just didn’t state UKVI number in the application.

Very expensive and good lesson to read the guidance carefully before applying. Even a minor mistake can lead to the rejection...
Wasn’t the IELTS UKVI number in the submitted test??
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:57 pm

vinny wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:17 pm
Katie_France wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:51 pm

Wasn’t the IELTS UKVI number in the submitted test??
There was IELTS for UKVI number in the submitted test, I haven’t stated it in the application form.

Long story short, my husband said as soon as I am in the country now, he didn’t want to continue with the UKVI complaint, because he is afraid to have problems on the renewal...

blessingmeg
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by blessingmeg » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:06 pm

Ballmigirl ,

You probably got the visa by now so you won’t see this message but if you’ve got the visa already by now( and saw this message) , please give me some advices about timescales you took until you got the visa as my case is very similar to yours.
1 How long did it take until you got the notice of appealing after you submitted?
2.How long did you wait for the date to appeal?
3.How long did you wait for the decision after you appealed ?

Thank you

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:59 pm
Katie,

You must appeal straight away. I know how you feel I am in the same boat, my fiancé was refused because I don’t meet the financial requirement and I do and bills were apparently not submitted to prove we cohabited but they were. But no one is taking responsibility for the mistakes and unfortunately no one pays the price for Putting us through hell.

We appealed a month ago so still waiting.

If you have a solicitor involved they can write a letter to ask for a reconsideration and also worth getting your local MP involved too. An MP has more rights than you or your solicitor to get answers

I am so sorry that they have treated you this way, it frustrates me so much that they get away with it every single time!!

I hope it works out for you.