ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife of a settled person

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Hamada1981

Financial Requirements [Wife of a settled person]

Post by Hamada1981 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Hello Guys,

Sorry if you have answered this question already.

I got my ILR in 2016. My wife got her PhD from the UK but she's been away for two years now.
She's planning to apply for a visa but the financial requirements look complicated. She will submit a bank statement of cash savings equivalent to £16,000. Would that be enough or do I need to support her? Actually, I've a part-time job and my income doesn't reach £18,000. Appendix FM talks about a formula that has to be used but not sure if this for renewing the visa or the one she's going to submit.

Thank you for your help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Financial Requirements [Wife of a settled person]

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:55 pm

The first £16,000 in savings is disregarded. How short are you of earning the required £18,600 p.a :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:11 pm

At the moment, I've cash savings of about £17,000. Would that help?

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:14 pm

I don't want to submit a letter from my employer because I may leave this job soon. Would the £17,000 cash savings in my account help?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:01 am

Hamada1981 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:14 pm
I don't want to submit a letter from my employer because I may leave this job soon. Would the £17,000 cash savings in my account help?
Not if you have no earnings. Without any other income you would need £62,500 in savings which have been held in accessible account for at least 6 months.

If you fail to submit a letter from your employer confirming you salary and the terms of your ongoing employment, the application will be refused.

How much to you earn annually at present :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Thank you, Casa, for this clarification.

Currently, it's about £17,000.

As for the letter from my employer is it OK if I send my wife a scanned copy of the letter to attach it to her application? Do I need to include payslips as well or the letter should be sufficient?

And the surcharge for NHS will it be £500 for 2.5 years? As the online calculator gave us different amounts.

Thank you, Casa.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Are you saying that you earn £17,000 p.a, or that you have £17,500 in savings. :?:

In addition to your employer's letter you are required to submit the most recent 6 months payslips together with the 6 corresponding bank statements.
All should be original.
(Casa, not CR001)

Hamada1981

Wife of a settled person

Post by Hamada1981 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Hello guys,

I have ILR and my wife would like to join me. However, she's confused about the type of Visa she can apply for. She chose Wife of a Settled person, long-term visit (valid for up to 2 years) but as she read that she can stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit she decided to apply for settlement which actually looks more complicated to her and me as well and not sure if she's really eligible for it or not.

My question is: if she goes back to the first application (Long-term visit), can she stay up to 2 years in the UK without this condition of 6 months as a maximum for each visit?

According to the Home Office website [family visa], it reads:

You’ll get permission to stay for 2.5 years, or for 6 months if you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner.

Thank you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Wife of a settled person

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:17 pm

A Spouse Settlement visa will grant your wife an initial stay of 33 months, after which she will have to apply for a further 2.5 year extension before qualifying for settlement (ILR).

A 2 year visitor visa does NOT mean that she can remain in the UK for 2 years. Neither would she be able to spend more time in the UK than she is spending in her home country in a 12 month rolling period, or make frequent and successive visits. She won't be able to switch to a Spouse visa from within the UK while here as a visitor.

Highly unlikely that she would be a granted a visitor visa with a husband residing in the UK.

Do you meet the requirements to sponsor your wife's spouse visa? This includes
- minimum annual income of £18,600 or without earnings, £62,500 in savings held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months
- adequate accommodation available on her arrival
- documented proof of a subsisting relationship

The visa fees are substantial, way above the cost of a visitor visa.
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Topics Merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Thank you, Casa, for your prompt reply.
As for the adequate accommodation available, what kind of evidence I need to provide for this?
Currently, I live in one bedroom flat. Can my kids [two daughters; 11 & 8 years old] use the living room [which is spacious] temporarily as a bedroom until I get a bigger flat?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:53 am

Hamada1981 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:23 pm
Thank you, Casa, for your prompt reply.
As for the adequate accommodation available, what kind of evidence I need to provide for this?
Currently, I live in one bedroom flat. Can my kids [two daughters; 11 & 8 years old] use the living room [which is spacious] temporarily as a bedroom until I get a bigger flat?
Are your children British? If not, the financial requirement will go up.

Overcrowding:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/19 ... ercrowding

You will need a letter from your landlord giving permission to your family to move in.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 am

Thank you ALKB for your reply.

If I get a new tenancy agreement for a bigger flat, 2 bedrooms and a living room starting on the day of their arrival, can I ask the landlord to include my wife's name in the agreement as an occupant is that enough or I still need this letter in this case?

I was planning to send my wife the supporting documents by courier to submit with her application, is that OK or should I send them directly to the Home Office?

Final question, my employer gave me a letter but with a digital not written signature, is that OK or the Home Office will not consider it original?

Thank you.

Hamada1981

Wife of a settled person: IHS problem

Post by Hamada1981 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:48 pm

Dear Guys,

Could you please help me to solve an issue with paying IHS (Immigration Healthcare Surcharge)? My wife filled in the application and submitted it. When it came to paying the IHS online, the system actually calculated the fees depending on my visa (settlement) expiry date on my residence permit which is after 7 years instead of the normal fees (£500 for 2.5 years). She declared the information is true but I believe we should not pay all this sum (£1400).

How to cancel this and pay the right fees? And why we need to give my visa expiry date?

I'd be grateful if you advise me on this, it's really urgent.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:54 pm

If you have already paid, you will get a refund of any overpayment.

If you have not yet paid, you need to reduce your ILR end date to 2.5 years ahead to get £500.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:55 pm

Your meant to select applying alone and not fill in the sponsors ILR details.

You will need to create a new account and fill in form again.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:27 pm

Thank you for both of you.

You mean in the main application itself my wife should not choose the option (Joining someone in the UK)?

If I change my ILR to 2.5 years wouldn't this mean I don't mention what is on the residence permit card? And my wife should declare that the information is correct.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:33 pm

No, when you get asked at the very beginning of IHS payment process.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Sorry Guys.

My wife couldn't find a way to change it. He's already submitted the application although it's incomplete as the IHS is not paid.
How can she cancel or withdraw the application?
Or just fill in a new one? If she does this will she need to declare that she had a previous application submitted?

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:07 pm

Hello,
I have a query about the supporting documents. My bank statement which was issued on 26 April does not show the last payment I got on 30 April.
Is that OK, taking into account that I had submitted the payslip for this payment?
Is it also OK to submit a document at the appointment but issued after the online submission date? For example, a bank statement for the cash savings but issued two days after the date of the online submission.
As for the written signature on the application form, is it the same like the online submission date or the date of the appointment?
Thank you in advance for your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue May 01, 2018 8:23 pm

Hamada1981 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:07 pm
Hello,
I have a query about the supporting documents. My bank statement which was issued on 26 April does not show the last payment I got on 30 April.
Is that OK, taking into account that I had submitted the payslip for this payment?
Simply go to local branch and ask for latest bank statement printout on original letter head until 30th April.
Hamada1981 wrote:

Is it also OK to submit a document at the appointment but issued after the online submission date? For example, a bank statement for the cash savings but issued two days after the date of the online submission.
In my opinion anything dated after the submission of application must not be submitted and all the submitted documents must not be older than 28 days from the date of application.
Hamada1981 wrote:
As for the written signature on the application form, is it the same like the online submission date or the date of the appointment?
Thank you in advance for your help.

All signatures should remain same.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Thank you so much for your help.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to send an updated statement. I've already sent the supporting document to my wife twice and the appointment should be after two days.
Would it make a problem? It's dated 26 April and I thought it should be fine as it's less than 28 days.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue May 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Hamada1981 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:36 pm
Thank you so much for your help.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to send an updated statement. I've already sent the supporting document to my wife twice and the appointment should be after two days.
Would it make a problem? It's dated 26 April and I thought it should be fine as it's less than 28 days.
There is no escape/excuse/discretion from the requirement of submitting the bank statements corresponding to the wages deposit/credit. If the wages credit is not displaying in bank statement then it will certainly have negative consequences. Try to send mission entries of bank statement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:47 pm

You must submit the bank statements that match the payslips you are using. These are mandatory documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hamada1981

Post by Hamada1981 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:04 pm

If I go to the bank tomorrow they will give me online transaction details but it will be dated 02 May which is after the submission date of the application? Is that OK?