ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still doing Passport interviews?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kankerot

Still doing Passport interviews?

Post by kankerot » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:45 pm

Has the Passport Office changed policy? For citizens naturalised in the UK for their first passport I thought they were having to go for interviews for ID checks?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Still doing Passport interviews?

Post by cyclina1 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:12 am

if people apply passport at the same time with Naturalisation in local council, the passport office won't interview the applicants when they become BC.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

bd577
Newly Registered

Post by bd577 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:47 am

Never had to do an interview for my passport application and I applied separately from citizenship. This seems to be the case for other people in 2018.

Twine

Post by Twine » Tue May 01, 2018 12:45 pm

Apparently the Passport Office may ask you to attend an interview for the purpose of checking your ID if it is your first adult passport. But this is uncommon. Perhaps the selection is completely random or maybe nationals of certain countries are more likely to be 'randomly selected' ...as a naive forum contributor, I could not guess either way.

As cyclina1 said, if one applies for their first passport in conjunction with naturalisation via the council, there is no need for passport office interview.

kankerot

Post by kankerot » Tue May 01, 2018 3:43 pm

My wife gained her citizenship in 2016.

She is also a US citizen and used her US passport all the time without problem and as she has now gained UK citizeship so we never bothered with getting her a UK passport.

I always thought that for your first UK adult passport you attend an interview at a local office.

So not sure whether to renew her US passport or get her a UK passport.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:28 am

kankerot wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:43 pm

So not sure whether to renew her US passport or get her a UK passport.
Do both.