ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Appointment - Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Premium Appointment - Eligibility

Post by hashmil » Tue May 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi there, this forum has been super helpful in the past, and even helped me to reverse a refusal due to an error by the UKBA! So, I come again to ask a question and clarification. I have tried searching for this on this forum and couldn't find an answer.

But first, about my status:
  • I have been in the UK under the Tier 2 General since 13/02/2013
  • My current Tier 2 visa expires in Feb 2019. I have some time!
  • 5 years from that date I believe i am eligible to apply for my ILR - which was 13/02/2018.
So, I have been eligible to apply for my ILR since Feb 2018. I haven't done the application as I haven't been able to sort out my finances till now.

I want to do a premium one day service in the coming weeks/months (whenever i can get the next appointment that is).

However, I just read on the webite https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ligibility that I would be eligible "within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period".

Does this mean that I have missed the opportunity to apply for this? as my 'qualifying period' began in February, and 28 days has passed in March?

OR - does this mean that it should be within 28 days before my qualifying period begins? (as i know that you can apply 28 days before)

Any clarification here would be helpful!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Premium Appointment - Eligibility

Post by CR001 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:39 pm

Within 28 days before is the EARLIEST you can apply. You can apply after you reached 5 years residence up to and including before your current visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Premium Appointment - Eligibility

Post by hashmil » Tue May 01, 2018 1:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:39 pm
Within 28 days before is the EARLIEST you can apply. You can apply after you reached 5 years residence up to and including before your current visa expires.
amazing! Just what i wanted to hear. thank you!