ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shengen visa application.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amyblade
Newly Registered
Wales

Shengen visa application.

Post by amyblade » Tue May 01, 2018 2:59 am

So I really need some advice..

I got married just over a month ago I am a British citizen and I married a egyotian. We wanted to go to Germany for our honey moon so we applied for a shengen visa for my spouse we were due to fly on the 20th and we applied for the visa on the 4th. Now I have just read that I don't need to give them any bank statement or anything like that. We gave them our marrage satificate and all the travel documents. We were supost to recive the passport back on the 15 and they said they had all they need.

Around the 13th we recived a call from the embassy asking about my working status in Egypt and that they need proof I am working in order to cover the costs eventhough my spouse has the money to cover the costs. So we traveled 7 hours to give them paper from my hr to say I work there (did they really need this)

2 weeks has now passed and we should have gotten the passport back today the latest my husband had to travel to Cairo for work so he went to the embassy where they told him he was lucky to come here today as they were going to reject him as he didn't give a bank statement eventhough on our first trip they said they didn't need it and that he should Bring a bank statement and they will call If we get the visa so we will book another flight.

I feel like they are just messing us about now if they don't want to give the visa why not just send the passport back without it?

Any suggestions on why the embassy did this and what we should do now?

Many thanks.

Omi00007

Re: Shengen visa application.

Post by Omi00007 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:52 am

amyblade wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:59 am
So I really need some advice..

I got married just over a month ago I am a British citizen and I married a egyotian. We wanted to go to Germany for our honey moon so we applied for a shengen visa for my spouse we were due to fly on the 20th and we applied for the visa on the 4th. Now I have just read that I don't need to give them any bank statement or anything like that. We gave them our marrage satificate and all the travel documents. We were supost to recive the passport back on the 15 and they said they had all they need.

Around the 13th we recived a call from the embassy asking about my working status in Egypt and that they need proof I am working in order to cover the costs eventhough my spouse has the money to cover the costs. So we traveled 7 hours to give them paper from my hr to say I work there (did they really need this)

2 weeks has now passed and we should have gotten the passport back today the latest my husband had to travel to Cairo for work so he went to the embassy where they told him he was lucky to come here today as they were going to reject him as he didn't give a bank statement eventhough on our first trip they said they didn't need it and that he should Bring a bank statement and they will call If we get the visa so we will book another flight.

I feel like they are just messing us about now if they don't want to give the visa why not just send the passport back without it?

Any suggestions on why the embassy did this and what we should do now?

Many thanks.
What visa category did you tick for section 21 'Main purpose of journey' in the visa application form? Tourism or Other - EU Family Member?

amyblade
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by amyblade » Tue May 01, 2018 3:44 pm

It was over a month ago but I belive I put tourism and made a note to say honeymoon

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:16 pm

amyblade wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:44 pm
It was over a month ago but I belive I put tourism and made a note to say honeymoon
If you ticked tourism then they can definitely ask for financial documents, I am afraid. It is odd that they asked for proof of work from you instead of your spouse.

However, your spouse does qualify for free visa as spouse of EU citizen and wouldn't have needed to provide financial proofs. Only thing I can suggest now is when your spouse gets his passport back he should re-apply as Family member of EU Citizen and then they should process the application in 14 days and for free.

amyblade
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by amyblade » Tue May 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Yes but what I'm wondering is why at first they said we Dont need a bank statement they have his work papers and they asked for mine 2 weeks after and even then they didn't mention a bank statement. They are waiting for us to send a bank statement to process it again.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:02 am

They reserve the right to ask / demand any document when considering general applications.

For EU Free movement applications, they don't get to do that because the EU directive defines what can be asked.
amyblade wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:42 pm
Yes but what I'm wondering is why at first they said we Dont need a bank statement they have his work papers and they asked for mine 2 weeks after and even then they didn't mention a bank statement. They are waiting for us to send a bank statement to process it again.