ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visit visa - urgent help please

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Schengen visit visa - urgent help please

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:53 pm

hi all,

I applied for a schengen visit visa through TLS in London for French Visa.

I am due to travel on the 5th May and coming back on the 6th May.

Applied on the 18th in TLS, application received by French Consulate on the 19th 8am.

The problem is:
- i have still not received the visa (tracking it literally all the time to see an update)
- worried because all the tickets and hotel bookings have been paid for (non-refundable)
- after coming back on the 6th May i am Travelling again on the 8th May, tickets bought and paid.
- if i do not get the passport by 4th may friday, i will have a big financial blow, as i will not be able to travel on the 8th, (7th is a bank holiday)

my status
- uk ilr with pakistani passport

i have read the regulation and i see that there is a Consultation Process with other Schengen states, which should be no longer than 7 calendar days.

questions:
- Has anyone of you applied for a schengen visa recently and how many days did you get it in?
- Are they efficient in their processes?
- any failure stories?
- if they are delaying in providing the visa, can i go to the french embassy in london and ask for my passport back by showing my 8th may ticket.

Really worried, will loose quite some £££s :( :(

thanks in advance for answers.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Schengen visit visa - urgent help please

Post by tier21419 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:46 pm

I had two schegen visas from French consulate. First time, they were very quick and issued me a six month multi entry visa (I think within 20 days). The second time, after I think 15-20 days, they asked me to send CV and a cover letter deatiling purpose of my visit. Which I did, and they issued me a 2 years visa after one more week. Meaning they took even longen than the 15 days time written on their website. I have recently applied for Belgium visa and it's been more than 15 days.

The amount of time they take is ridiculous.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:59 pm

engrwaseem85 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:46 pm
I had two schegen visas from French consulate. First time, they were very quick and issued me a six month multi entry visa (I think within 20 days). The second time, after I think 15-20 days, they asked me to send CV and a cover letter deatiling purpose of my visit. Which I did, and they issued me a 2 years visa after one more week. Meaning they took even longen than the 15 days time written on their website. I have recently applied for Belgium visa and it's been more than 15 days.

The amount of time they take is ridiculous.
thank you for sharing your experience. I am beginning to panic now.

any suggestions on what to do so the process can speed up? or on how to get the passport back?

i have booked and paid for all the bookings. i will incur quite a financial blow.

the website and the law says the schengen visas must be processed within 15 days unless there are exceptional situations where 30 days and lastly 60 days.

if they send me the passport back on or by coming friday its all good, if they don't then disaster story. :(

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:06 am

I don't think you can do anything to speed up the process but you can always withdraw your application. However, even if you withdraw your application, it may take few days to get your passport back.

I would suggest that if you planning to withdraw then it might be a good idea to cancel your bookings at the same time, rather than waiting for your passport. But there is also a hope that you might get your passport with a visa before Friday.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:17 pm

spoke with the firm with whom i booked the hotels and transport, they can only refund me £17 :shock: :shock: whereas i paid nearly half a thousand. so this is another thing i have learned, never fully book and pay. always just book with free cancellation option.

for the passport, i think i can go to the french embassy and get it back on the same day or with 1 days notice. but i really hope to get it by wednesday otherwise withdrawal requests.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:51 pm

If you are only getting 17 pounds back then I think you should not withdraw and wait for the outcome of your visa application. You might be able to use the visa some other time soon (if they grant you one).

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:59 am

aaliya1986 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:17 pm
spoke with the firm with whom i booked the hotels and transport, they can only refund me £17 :shock: :shock: whereas i paid nearly half a thousand. so this is another thing i have learned, never fully book and pay. always just book with free cancellation option.

for the passport, i think i can go to the french embassy and get it back on the same day or with 1 days notice. but i really hope to get it by wednesday otherwise withdrawal requests.
@aaliya1986: Any updates?

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:40 pm

engrwaseem85 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:59 am
aaliya1986 wrote:

Yes :D

got it yesterday.! :)

really happy.

thank you.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:54 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:40 pm
engrwaseem85 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:59 am
aaliya1986 wrote:

Yes :D

got it yesterday.! :)

really happy.

thank you.
Lucky you, Enjoy your time!
I applied on 12th (Belgian Consulate via TlsContant) and still waiting, but I have some time.