ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP after Biometrics for EEA nationals

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

twinings26
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

BRP after Biometrics for EEA nationals

Post by twinings26 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi,

Am I right thinking that as a EU citizen applying for British citizenship I will not be issued with a Biometric Residence Permit after enrolling my biometrics? It is unclear to me if that's the case and I have been trying to find this information on gov.uk and other websites.

Additionally, the ceremony invitation letter says "if you have a BRP, you should return it once you have received your certificate of British citizenship (...) if you fail to return it you may be issued with a civil penalty of up to £1000". I am worried now as I do not have a BRP and I don't know if I should be expecting one coming in the post or let the Home Office know it hasn't arrived yet.

Please help.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Biometric for EEA nationals

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:31 pm

twinings26 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:22 pm
Hi,

Am I right thinking that as a EU citizen applying for British citizenship I will not be issued with a Biometric Residence Permit after enrolling my biometrics? It is unclear to me if that's the case and I have been trying to find this information on gov.uk and other websites.

Additionally, the ceremony invitation letter says "if you have a BRP, you should return it once you have received your certificate of British citizenship (...) if you fail to return it you may be issued with a civil penalty of up to £1000". I am worried now as I do not have a BRP and I don't know if I should be expecting one coming in the post or let the Home Office know it hasn't arrived yet.

Please help.
Biometric cards are not issued to EEA nationals so this will not be applicable to you. Non EEA family members of EEA nationals are also not required to send their biometric cards back to HO after naturalization.

twinings26
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Biometric for EEA nationals

Post by twinings26 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:21 pm

Thank you very much for prompt reply! :D I wish they made it more clear on the application/letter or in the guides. Also, a guy in NCS told me I won't even have to enrol my biometrics. Can't rely on them these days. :shock:

ANGELA LIMA

Re: BRP after Biometrics for EEA nationals

Post by ANGELA LIMA » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:59 pm

Can you please provide the legal part where it says that a Non eea Family member or an EEA member doesnt need to sent back the BRP?

Thanks