ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Khokhar1980 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:36 am

Jenume wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:01 pm
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:50 am
Jenume wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:22 pm
Esi esi wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:00 pm
Hello everybody

Anyone in this form waiting of over sixth month?

My application is still waiting for a decision from last November.
Yeah I'm still waiting from last october.. ir has been more than 6 months and still they havent made a decision. This is so frustrating.
R u refused earlier????
Or any immigration history. ???
My application is entering in 5th month though it is my first application
But unfortunately, I had applied for asylum previously but rejected. Only positive point in my asylum, is that i had claimed asylum on the basis of my husband almost 7 years back. That time we were not married as per uk law. But now we are. And fwded the spouce application in 2018 n faced interview on video link for myself n telephonic interview for my husband. In my interview they never asked a single qsn about my asylum or previous living in uk.
They just asked about our relationship and that went fine. Though I'm not good in remembering dates so missed couple of dates but told her tat I'm not good in remembering dates at all other than marrige n BD.
So my case is being delayed for a reason.but I didnt loose hope n hoping for the best for myself and anyone who is in my situation.
No I havent been refused. I went to UK for my Masters and there was no problem. I seriously dont understand what their problem is. They are not telling anything. They sent an email asking for my sponsors bank statements in January. Havent heard from them after that.
Then don't worry..Insh Allah visa 'll b granted to u...

wadfad
Newly Registered
Yemen

Post by wadfad » Tue May 01, 2018 7:46 am

sansan67 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:54 pm
wadfad wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:30 am
sansan67 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 am
Hi everyone.. Not sure if you someone can advise me on what is best to do.

Visa Type: Settlement - Husband
Application Online: 25/01/2018
Biometrics Submission: 29/01/2018
Documents Submitted in UK: 07/02/2018
Generic Email Received: 10/02/2018

We have not been contacted by UKVI for anything. We contacted them for the 1st time in March via email and they replied saying if we do not hear by 60 working days, which they stated as 26th April then reply back to the email for escalation.

We waited patienlty and didn't hear back anything so I called the UKVI international helpline on the 20th April and they confirmed a decision has been made on the application on 18/04/2018 and I will hear from them within 10 working days.

I still haven't heard anything and its also pass the 26th April deadline they provided me initially.

I replied back to that email last night asking for escalation since I haven't been contacted by UKVI. they haven't responded to my email yet.

Is it normal for them to take so long since decision made date to contact you? I'm really worried. What can I do further?

Thanks
Very similar case to mine!
They sent me an e-mail on 19/4/2018 to confirm that a decision was made and stated that the VAC will contact me for passport collection. But still haven't heard from them or the VAC. I visited the VAC on the 26th, thinking maybe they'll help ease my mind, but they too couldn't help and advised that i give it a little more time. I also replied to the UKVI e-mail asking for an advise on how long it may take, twice, with no reply to either one of my emails..

Does anyone know how long it usually takes from the day of making a decision to contacting the applicant for collection?
At least they emailed to confirm a decision has been made. For me they haven't even sent that. I find out regarding the decision made when I called the UKVI helpline. They told me over the phone that a decision was made on 18th April.

I still haven't heard from them. 7 working days today. They said it can take up to 10 working days since decision made to contact us.

I don't think it has taken anyone else so long....?
They only e-mailed me because I had sent them an e-mail to ask for an escalation on the grounds of exceeding 60 working days, only to be told that a decision was made. It's now 9 working days and I haven't heard from them.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:13 am

wadfad wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:46 am
sansan67 wrote:
wadfad wrote:
sansan67 wrote:

We have not been contacted by UKVI for anything. We contacted them for the 1st time in March via email and they replied saying if we do not hear by 60 working days, which they stated as 26th April then reply back to the email for escalation.

We waited patienlty and didn't hear back anything so I called the UKVI international helpline on the 20th April and they confirmed a decision has been made on the application on 18/04/2018 and I will hear from them within 10 working days.

I still haven't heard anything and its also pass the 26th April deadline they provided me initially.

I replied back to that email last night asking for escalation since I haven't been contacted by UKVI. they haven't responded to my email yet.

Is it normal for them to take so long since decision made date to contact you? I'm really worried. What can I do further?

Thanks
Very similar case to mine!
They sent me an e-mail on 19/4/2018 to confirm that a decision was made and stated that the VAC will contact me for passport collection. But still haven't heard from them or the VAC. I visited the VAC on the 26th, thinking maybe they'll help ease my mind, but they too couldn't help and advised that i give it a little more time. I also replied to the UKVI e-mail asking for an advise on how long it may take, twice, with no reply to either one of my emails..

Does anyone know how long it usually takes from the day of making a decision to contacting the applicant for collection?
At least they emailed to confirm a decision has been made. For me they haven't even sent that. I find out regarding the decision made when I called the UKVI helpline. They told me over the phone that a decision was made on 18th April.

I still haven't heard from them. 7 working days today. They said it can take up to 10 working days since decision made to contact us.

I don't think it has taken anyone else so long....?
They only e-mailed me because I had sent them an e-mail to ask for an escalation on the grounds of exceeding 60 working days, only to be told that a decision was made. It's now 9 working days and I haven't heard from them.
Insh Allah witjin this week...u 'll hear news...Insh Allah...

LORDAFGHAN
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by LORDAFGHAN » Wed May 02, 2018 12:40 pm

MY SELF BRITISH AFGHAN FROM THE AGE OF 10 WIFE PAKISTANI

Online Application Submitted: 4th November 2017
Category of Application: Non- Priority (Standard Application)
Type of Application: Dependent Settlement Entry Clearance (Wife)
Biometrics appointment: 08th November 2017
Documents sent to Sheffield: 18th November 2017
Documents Returned: NO
LATE FEB - PHONE INTERVIEW TO JOB PLACE- MISTAKE 1 - MENTIONED CORRECT MARRIAGE DATE BUT STATED IT WAS WRONG AND CHANGED IT TO 4 DAYS ALTER :(
(EMAIL after contacting home office) Sheffield: 5th MARCH 2018 (Unfortunately, applications have not been straightforward and unable to decide within target standard time once decision made we will notify you)/

No Interview to applicant nor. it has been 121 days working days since bio metrics are taken.

Did anyone receive same E-mail recently? I AM UNSURE WHAT TO DO. MET ALL REQUIREMENTS, PERHAPS ME BEING AFGHAN AND HER PAKISTANI.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:55 pm

LORDAFGHAN wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:40 pm

LATE FEB - PHONE INTERVIEW TO JOB PLACE- MISTAKE 1 - MENTIONED CORRECT MARRIAGE DATE BUT STATED IT WAS WRONG AND CHANGED IT TO 4 DAYS ALTER :(
(EMAIL after contacting home office) Sheffield: 5th MARCH 2018 (Unfortunately, applications have not been straightforward and unable to decide within target standard time once decision made we will notify you)/

No Interview to applicant nor. it has been 121 days working days since bio metrics are taken.

Did anyone receive same E-mail recently? I AM UNSURE WHAT TO DO. MET ALL REQUIREMENTS, PERHAPS ME BEING AFGHAN AND HER PAKISTANI.
Bro ..more Or less everyone is in same condition...
Tired n frustrated due to time span....
We don't hv any option other than wait....
So everyone is doing same...praying for selves n for others....looking every coming day with hope n positivity...
But u must contact ur local MP...they might help u ...

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Wed May 02, 2018 2:12 pm

Hello everybody here waiting for decision
And we are everyday day checking this form to hear a good news regarding one of the member

ValKel
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by ValKel » Wed May 02, 2018 5:31 pm

My patience is rewarded! Wife and step-son got visas today!!!

Priority/Non-Priority : non-priority
Date application submitted: 04 Nov 2017
Date bio-metrics taken: 17 Nov 2017
Date documentation was received by UKVI: 17 Nov 2017
Email confirmation received: : 20 Nov 2017
IHS link for a child: 09 Feb 2018 (paid the same day)
MP involved: 16 Apr 2018
Sheffield letter with decision made: 24 Apr 2018
Documents got back: 25 Apr 2018.

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Wed May 02, 2018 7:56 pm

ValKel wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:31 pm

Have you received not a straightforward email?

ValKel
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by ValKel » Wed May 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Yes, the same day with ihs link for a kid - 09 Feb.

Esi esi
Iran

Post by Esi esi » Wed May 02, 2018 8:09 pm

ValKel wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:03 pm
Yes, the same day with ihs link for a kid - 09 Feb.
Congratulation all the best for you and your family.
God bless you to sharing your experience in this form

ValKel
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by ValKel » Wed May 02, 2018 8:15 pm

Thanks a lot, really hope everyone awaiting a decision will receive their visas very soon.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:40 am

ValKel wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:15 pm
Thanks a lot, really hope everyone awaiting a decision will receive their visas very soon.
Insh Allah...Allah 'll do best for all of us...just keep on praying ...

sreekan2

Post by sreekan2 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:51 am

Hi my wife and daughter submitted their bio metrics on march 15th, it is a non propriety application. We sent our documents in two deliveries (shouldn't have done that), received a email from ukvi on 23rd March saying missing documents and provided a email address for sending them the documents. I sent an email back explaining about two deliveries with tracking information. From that moment nothing heard from them, rang twice to support number and they are saying awaiting decision.

Don't know what to do.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:00 am

sreekan2 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:51 am
Hi my wife and daughter submitted their bio metrics on march 15th, it is a non propriety application. We sent our documents in two deliveries (shouldn't have done that), received a email from ukvi on 23rd March saying missing documents and provided a email address for sending them the documents. I sent an email back explaining about two deliveries with tracking information. From that moment nothing heard from them, rang twice to support number and they are saying awaiting decision.

Don't know what to do.
Nothing can be done...simply we have to wait...

sansan67
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by sansan67 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:34 am

sansan67 wrote:
wadfad wrote:
sansan67 wrote:

Thanks

UPDATE: I lost patience and rang the UKVI helpline on 01st May. After speaking/arguing with him for 30mins he finally sent me an email confirmation that a decision has been made on my application.

Apparently they cannot track passports. So he insisted me to go to VAC where I submitted my passport to see if they have it there because he said 'sometimes they will miss to message you'.

I did a 7hrs bus journey got there yesterday morning and this lady at VAC first refused to answer saying you passport isn't ready for collection. After talking to her for 20mins and explaining her the situation, she finally checked it on the system. And confirmed 'my passport is still in Chennai,India (basically all passports submitted at Sri Lanka gets transported to India) and they haven't dispatched it from there and advised me that I will have to contact UKVI or wait for the message to come through'.

I rang the UKVI helpline this morning and told them the situation and requested for escalation since its now more than 10 working days since a decision has been made. They said they can put it as 'URGENT - Passport not received', but not sure how long they will take to respond back.

This is now getting really irritating. So its taking longer to transport the passport then to make decision. And i thought they are meant to tell us if its going to take more than 60 working days?

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Thu May 03, 2018 10:47 am

@Valkel:

Many Congratulation to you. :D Its a long wait since 4th Nov 2017 but ended up in positive news. We all are in almost same situation. My wife and child applied on 15th November 2017,
- Got Not Straightforward E-mail on 6th Feb 2018.
-Escalated on 6th March 2018
- Decision Making Center replied on 21st March saying Currently delayed due to Child IHS payment
- IHS payment Link Received on 13th April and payment made on same day.
- Second Escalation on 26th April 2018 and was told concerned department shall contact me in 15 working days. (Standard reply by Contact Centre).
- Contacted MP for assistance to speed up the processing on 1st May and MP office shall update me within 15 says hopefully.

I am hoping to get outcome within this Month Inshaallah.

achilles3003
Newly Registered

Post by achilles3003 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:50 am

Country applying from: Chennai- India
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Visa and Child Visa for 2 kids
Priority/Non-Priority: Non Priority
Online Application Completed: 12/01/2018
Biometrics taken: 25/01/2018
Documents sent to Sheffield: 25/01/2018
Documents received at Sheffield: 02/02/2018
Email from UKVI: 19/04/2018 Received email "the processing of your application has not been straightforward"
Asked to pay IHS payment for 2 kids on 20/04/2018, paid same day
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable): No
1st Escalation communication: Called International contact center 19/04/2018 and escalated, received email stating that IHS payments have been received and escalation has been done to the appropriate entry clearance team on 01/05/2018
Documents returned: Not Yet
Decision made email from UKVI: Not Yet
Decision made text from VFS : Not Yet
Passport collected:Not Yet

We are worried that the processing might take longer, has been 70 working days since biometric

Jenume
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Jenume » Thu May 03, 2018 1:17 pm

sansan67 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:34 am
sansan67 wrote:
wadfad wrote:
sansan67 wrote:

Thanks

UPDATE: I lost patience and rang the UKVI helpline on 01st May. After speaking/arguing with him for 30mins he finally sent me an email confirmation that a decision has been made on my application.

Apparently they cannot track passports. So he insisted me to go to VAC where I submitted my passport to see if they have it there because he said 'sometimes they will miss to message you'.

I did a 7hrs bus journey got there yesterday morning and this lady at VAC first refused to answer saying you passport isn't ready for collection. After talking to her for 20mins and explaining her the situation, she finally checked it on the system. And confirmed 'my passport is still in Chennai,India (basically all passports submitted at Sri Lanka gets transported to India) and they haven't dispatched it from there and advised me that I will have to contact UKVI or wait for the message to come through'.

I rang the UKVI helpline this morning and told them the situation and requested for escalation since its now more than 10 working days since a decision has been made. They said they can put it as 'URGENT - Passport not received', but not sure how long they will take to respond back.

This is now getting really irritating. So its taking longer to transport the passport then to make decision. And i thought they are meant to tell us if its going to take more than 60 working days?
OMG. Im from Sri Lanka too and the decision still havent been made for me.. so by the looks of it they are gonna take months to make a decision and weeks to send the passport. Im seriously searching of any way to legally approach them for the mental stress we are going through.

LORDAFGHAN
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by LORDAFGHAN » Thu May 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:55 pm
LORDAFGHAN wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Bro ..more Or less everyone is in same condition...
Tired n frustrated due to time span....
We don't hv any option other than wait....
So everyone is doing same...praying for selves n for others....looking every coming day with hope n positivity...
But u must contact ur local MP...they might help u ...
IT FRUSTRATING, but i dont want to push the guys too much, otherwise they would just dislike it

sansan67
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by sansan67 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Jenume wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:17 pm
sansan67 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:34 am
sansan67 wrote:
wadfad wrote:

OMG. Im from Sri Lanka too and the decision still havent been made for me.. so by the looks of it they are gonna take months to make a decision and weeks to send the passport. Im seriously searching of any way to legally approach them for the mental stress we are going through.
Is there really any legal way? I'm sure there isn't! But Good luck with it

They don't even know where the passport is and still haven't replied back to me. And the people on UKVI helpline doesn't know much details about the status...

Its very much stressful!

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghanagirl » Thu May 03, 2018 6:58 pm

ValKel wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:31 pm

My timeline very similar to yours.online application on 12th dec with my son.submitted. biometric
on 21st dec 2017. Got not straight forward message on 15th march 2018.got email to pay child IHS on 12th april 2018.paid same day.meanwhile my documents have not been returned yet.fingers crossed now waiting to hear from them

sreekan2

Post by sreekan2 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:06 am

sreekan2 wrote:

Don't know what to do.
I got my documents back today on 3rd May 2018, they didn't include any docs my wife posted from India (English test, tb test), is this normal?do they send those back as well?

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:19 am

sreekan2 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:06 am
sreekan2 wrote:

Don't know what to do.
I got my documents back today on 3rd May 2018, they didn't include any docs my wife posted from India (English test, tb test), is this normal?do they send those back as well?
Yea...they send all docs back...I don't kno about others but I'm main applicant and I got my all docs back. And I'm from Pakistan. Don't know about India.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Fri May 04, 2018 10:48 am

sreekan2 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:06 am

No, this is not normal but also because you sent applicant/sponsor's documents separately. Did you get a confirmation that they have linked both set of documents to your application. If not, you should contact them and explain the situation.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

sreekan2

Post by sreekan2 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:28 am

metanoia wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:48 am

No, this is not normal but also because you sent applicant/sponsor's documents separately. Did you get a confirmation that they have linked both set of documents to your application. If not, you should contact them and explain the situation.
Thanks, I didn't receive any confirmation from ukvi regarding linking of both packages, not even anything about it in the received documents, when I rang outside uk application number and asked about this they are saying that they don't hold any information like this. Can you please let me know whom should I contact?