ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Min wage and set (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zamaha
Member of Standing

Min wage and set (LR)

Post by zamaha » Wed May 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Hello dear members
I am currently on tier 1 ent visa and will complete my 10 years long residency in 2 years.
For self assessment, my accountant files min wage for me and I am paying corporation tax and get dividend at the end.
1)will it have any negative impact on my set(LR) application that I am on min wage and not paying income tax and NI and get mainly dividend?

2)My spouse doesn’t work and so not paying any tax, he will finish the 10 years with me. As there is no requirements of salary, can an application get refused only because of not contributing to the society by not paying tax?

zamaha
Member of Standing

Re: Min wage and set (LR)

Post by zamaha » Wed May 02, 2018 10:21 pm

Could someone please reply to me?
Also, I could not pay my corporation tax wholly by the deadline this year, I called HMRC and they agreed to pay it by instalment. Does this affect my credit?

What things should I be careful to ensure no problem at the time of applying for Set (LR) other than working for your own business?
Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Min wage and set (LR)

Post by cyclina1 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:59 pm

zamaha wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:40 pm
Hello dear members
I am currently on tier 1 ent visa and will complete my 10 years long residency in 2 years.
For self assessment, my accountant files min wage for me and I am paying corporation tax and get dividend at the end.
1)will it have any negative impact on my set(LR) application that I am on min wage and not paying income tax and NI and get mainly dividend?

No. there is no employment or income requirement for 10 years route.

2)My spouse doesn’t work and so not paying any tax, he will finish the 10 years with me. As there is no requirements of salary, can an application get refused only because of not contributing to the society by not paying tax?

No. Same reason as above.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.