ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR FOR KIDS TIER 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

sabic1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

ILR FOR KIDS TIER 1

Post by sabic1 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:15 pm

HI
I am applying for accelerated route as a tier 1 entrepreneur and I have my kids who live outside the UK and who were born outside as well and I have submitted an extension to my visa and at the same time for my kids and wife as dependents on the 9th of January 2018. First of all, would the new rule of absence include them as dependents if I apply after 5 years for their ILR. secondly, if I get the UK nationality after 1 year of my ILR can I give it to my kids under 18 years. thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR FOR KIDS TIER 1

Post by CR001 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:18 pm

How can you apply for a visa or whatever you applied for, for kids who do not live in the UK??

If their visas are issued after 11th January 2018, then yes the new absence rules applies to dependents.

No, once you are British you cannot 'give it' to your kids. They have to get ILR first after 5 years residence before they will qualify for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sabic1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by sabic1 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:58 pm

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 04, 2018 1:22 am

Absence restrictions under 319E do not apply to kids. Their ILRs are subject to 319J.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sabic1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by sabic1 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:54 pm

thanks a lot Vinny ........ big help

So should I submit their ILR applications with me at the same time or wait till they complete 5 years?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 05, 2018 1:46 am

If one parent has to wait, then the children should wait too.

Do take the time to read 319J.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.