ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KristiW
Newly Registered
Israel

Travel Documents

Post by KristiW » Sat May 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I’ll be glad if you can help my with my query. I received my new passport last week which has been issued on my married name. My UK visa is currently on my maiden name and my visa expires in July 2018. I know that you have to notify the Home Office within 3 months about the change of your circumstances. My plan is to apply for a new visa at the beginning of July. It looks like that it works out perfectly. So I apply for a new visa and yet do not exceed my 3 months time frame for the update. The problem is that I need to travel next month. Do I still need to update my BRP (I just don’t see any point of doing so) or just travel with my both old and new passports to prove my identity? I just don’t want to cause any issues.

Thank you.

Neeky
Mood:

Re: Travel Documents

Post by Neeky » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:41 pm

I am currently in this situation. What was your outcome? Thanks