ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB CERTIFICATE: EEA FAMILY PERMIT: PHILIPPINES

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

TB CERTIFICATE: EEA FAMILY PERMIT: PHILIPPINES

Post by chaoclive » Sat May 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi

Has anyone applied for an EEA family permit from the Philippines recently? A friend of mine will apply soon and she wants to confirm that a TB cert is NOT needed.

This site: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... issues-med states: 'An applicant applying for an EEA family permit is not required to produce a certificate showing them free from active pulmonary TB as EEA family permits are valid for six months.'

I just want to make sure that the caseworkers and VFS visa application centre staff are fully aware of this.

I have tried to find an email for the Manila VFS centre but I can't find one at all!

They have already booked the visa appointment but they need to get this confirmed first!

Thanks all
CC

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: TB CERTIFICATE: EEA FAMILY PERMIT: PHILIPPINES

Post by dan1988uk » Sun May 06, 2018 2:55 am

chaoclive wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:02 pm
Hi

Has anyone applied for an EEA family permit from the Philippines recently? A friend of mine will apply soon and she wants to confirm that a TB cert is NOT needed.

This site: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... issues-med states: 'An applicant applying for an EEA family permit is not required to produce a certificate showing them free from active pulmonary TB as EEA family permits are valid for six months.'

I just want to make sure that the caseworkers and VFS visa application centre staff are fully aware of this.

I have tried to find an email for the Manila VFS centre but I can't find one at all!

They have already booked the visa appointment but they need to get this confirmed first!

Thanks all
CC
Apparently it’s not needed but I let both my Filipina wife and stepdaughter have the test before applying for EEA FP. It will not take so much time.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: TB CERTIFICATE: EEA FAMILY PERMIT: PHILIPPINES

Post by chaoclive » Sun May 06, 2018 4:44 pm

[/quote]

Apparently it’s not needed but I let both my Filipina wife and stepdaughter have the test before applying for EEA FP. It will not take so much time.
[/quote]

If it were my partner, they'd have the test just in case but this is for a friend of mine. Their finances are so tight at the moment so they don't want to pay for a TB test if it's not necessary!

Hopefully they'll be fine without it!

Thx
CC