ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI card application -Self address envelopes from Royal Mail

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marksha
Newly Registered

OCI card application -Self address envelopes from Royal Mail

Post by marksha » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Dear All,

I am going to Edinburgh VFS office for submitting OCI card application and spoken to VFS customer service a minute ago.

Instead of buying 2x Self addressed envelopes from Royal Mail Special, I could pay money at Edinburgh FS office for courier service to return my documents.

Did anyone come across such thing in recent months and paid the money for courier service at VFS office (London/Birmingham/Edinburgh) for returning the documents

Your response would be appreciated

Kind Regards

ILR4PVM

Re: OCI card application -Self address envelopes from Royal

Post by ILR4PVM » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:06 pm

yes.. DX couriers.

it is double the price, so better to buy royal mail Sp Delivery envelope.

ramtheconqueror

Post by ramtheconqueror » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:31 am

ILR4PVM wrote:yes.. DX couriers.

I second this opinion.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:07 am

DX service was pathetic, I believe royal mail special delivery will be good. you have tracking number to verify.

regards,
suresh

itsmylife

Post by itsmylife » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:02 am

ramtheconqueror wrote:
ILR4PVM wrote:yes.. DX couriers.

I second this opinion.
Hello, got a silly question. What would you say the expected weight of the documents would be when you purchase a Royal Mail special delivery envelope. As i believe they charge based on the weight.Thanks

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:52 am

I am new to OCI world, Could you please clarify why we need to keep two royal mail prepaid special delivery envelops ?

regards,
suresh

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:05 am

Could some one plz clarify on my doubt.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:18 pm

haiksuresh wrote:I am new to OCI world, Could you please clarify why we need to keep two royal mail prepaid special delivery envelops ?
One is for sending your original supporting doc (Surrender certificate etc) back to you.
The other one is for sending back your OCI booklet (with your passport, which you will submit later) after OCI approval process.

The Royalmail special delivery envelope with 100g allowance is sufficient for both process.

marksha
Newly Registered

Post by marksha » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:22 pm

I submitted OCI card recently in Scotland.

I would suggest that for OCI application everyone should buy 2 self-addressed envelopes
( please request for A4 size envelopes from Postoffice).

One is required, at the time of submitting the OCI application where the original documents will be forwarded to London. The VFS office employee scan the 2nd self-addressed envelope and return to you immediately.

You have to take the same scanned envelope back to VFS office after your OCI is approved.

Kind Regards

DesiScot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: OCI card application -Self address envelopes from Royal Mail

Post by DesiScot » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know what is the cost difference between VFS provided envelopes and royal mail?

For PIO to OCI, A4 size envelope is not required as we don't have to submit surrender passport letter.

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:14 pm

DesiScot wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:29 pm
Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know what is the cost difference between VFS provided envelopes and royal mail?

For PIO to OCI, A4 size envelope is not required as we don't have to submit surrender passport letter.
I think that VFS provided DX envelope will cost around 15 pounds while Royal Mail silver Special Delivery envelope should cost 7.25 pounds. A4 is just a standard size. I will give A4 only as it should not stand odd man out. With Royal Mail special delivery, added advantage is that delivery has to be before 1 PM - written on the envelope. DX might keep us waiting whole day.

Devil81
Mood:

Post by Devil81 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi,

I checked into my local RM post office and they weren't sure of self addressed envelope so asked me to buy a standard A4 size envelope and stamp it of required cost.

As I wasn't sure of the weight, I paid for DX A4 sized self addressed envelope (1 no.) at VFS in London and they charged me £12.33.

I guess the RM one is definitely cheaper.

Thanks!!

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Royal Mail Post Office has Pre-Paid (upto 500 grams) envelope which should cost 7.25 pounds. Otherwise they also have envelope where they ask customers to put stamp. Mostly people purchase Pre-Paid as weight will not cross 500 grams.

DesiScot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by DesiScot » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Paid £16 each for the DX envelopes for 4 family members. I should have bought Royal mail one's as it would have saved some money and apparently better service. Next time I will.

DesiScot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by DesiScot » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:17 pm

DesiScot wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:12 pm
Paid £16 each for the DX envelopes for 4 family members. I should have bought Royal mail one's as it would have saved some money and apparently better service. Next time I will.
They didn't even used the first one as there was no documents to return in my case due to PIO to OCI application they didn't need to keep any originals to be returned but made me buy 2 anyway.

DesiScot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by DesiScot » Tue May 01, 2018 9:20 pm

From how I understand just a word of advice to everyone applying for OCI or using OCI miscellaneous service. VFS says to get two special delivery envelopes but as they give originals back on the spot they only use one even though they charge for 2 or 1 they charge £14-£16. Royal mail only cost £6.50 for A4 up to 100g and £7.50 for up to 500g so take a special delivery paid envelope from them with you when applying for OCI.

Don't buy it from VFS they are expensive and just their to rob you. Also make sure to say you don't want their ridiculous SMS service which cost few pounds but good for nothing as they only confirm they sent the application and you have to check online anyway so it's useless.

Make sure you do your research and don't take my word. it is only suggestion so you check properly what's best for you.

paru.org
India

Post by paru.org » Sun May 06, 2018 10:35 pm

so can i just buy 1 Royal mail A4[??

quote=DesiScot post_id=1629342 time=1525209603 user_id=185743]
From how I understand just a word of advice to everyone applying for OCI or using OCI miscellaneous service. VFS says to get two special delivery envelopes but as they give originals back on the spot they only use one even though they charge for 2 or 1 they charge £14-£16. Royal mail only cost £6.50 for A4 up to 100g and £7.50 for up to 500g so take a special delivery paid envelope from them with you when applying for OCI.

Don't buy it from VFS they are expensive and just their to rob you. Also make sure to say you don't want their ridiculous SMS service which cost few pounds but good for nothing as they only confirm they sent the application and you have to check online anyway so it's useless.

Make sure you do your research and don't take my word. it is only suggestion so you check properly what's best for you.
[/quote]