ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Schengen alone

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

facebook.user

Travelling to Schengen alone

Post by facebook.user » Sat May 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Dear All,

I applied for a visit visa to france as family member of EEA citizen. The remarks on visa are Family UE/EEE and it is multiple. My question is if i want to travel to another schengen country alone without my EEA partner, do i need to apply another visa or I can go alone?

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: Travelling to Schengen alone

Post by gokulatti » Mon May 07, 2018 10:13 am

Lawfully no you cannot use it on your own. It is issued based on the fact that you will be travelling together or you will be joining the EU national in the another member state (France), As in he/she is already in france before you and your are coming in to join at a later stage.

Practically there has been cases where the schengen border officers have not questioned in detail about the circumstances of the travel and have let people entry travelling alone. But there is always a risk of being sent back if you do happen to be questioned and they see that you the EU national is neither travelling together or be joined. So its up to you. But you have to understand that lawfully you are not supposed to travel alone on it.