ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa with child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Spouse visa with child

Post by Ghanagirl » Thu May 03, 2018 7:49 am

I applied for spouse visa with my son on 12 dec 2017.biometrics on 21 dec.Application acknowledgement received but no acknowledgement of receipt of supporting documents.15 march had not straight forward message for me and my son.Then on 12th april asked to pay child IHS.payment made same day and email sent to ukvi.my problem is i have not heard from them and documents have not been returned

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: Spouse visa with child

Post by Ghanagirl » Thu May 03, 2018 7:57 am

Sorry to add supporting documents were to Sheffield on dec21

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghanagirl » Thu May 03, 2018 7:58 am

Would like to know why supporting documents have still not been returned

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Thu May 03, 2018 11:55 am

Hello Ghanagirl:

My wife and Child applied on 15th Nov 2017 and had Not Straightforward E-mail on 6th February 2018. HO sent us IHS payment link for child on 13th April 2018 and payment was made on same date. Now waiting for decision. Please update when you receive your passport.

Regarding your documents are not yet returned, its not a big issue. Sometime HO returns documents at later stage or even after issuing VISA.. However you can contact UKVI center and request them to send you documents Back.

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghanagirl » Fri May 04, 2018 5:13 am

Thank you Jamshaid.looks like we have similar time limes but u applied a
month earlier and the fact that my documents are still with HO.will surely update.its been almost three weeks since they requested to pay child IHS.was thinking reply will come by 19th as stated as deadline for payment of child IHS

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghanagirl » Fri May 04, 2018 5:25 am

Jamshaid I read somewhere HO asking to pay child IHS indicates a positive outcome.how true is that. Thanks

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Fri May 04, 2018 7:18 am

Hi. HO is unpredictable. I know someone who applied in November 2017 and paid child IHS in Februray is still awaiting for decision. Some gets outcome in a week or two, for some is a month or more. But good thing is whoever get ask to pay IHS get positive news sooner or later.
I never heard or seen myself HO refused someone after taking child IHS payment. If they want to refuse they simply do not ask for it and make decision.
Dont worry about ur documents they will arrive probably before or after decision is made. You can sent email to ukvi contact to check if docs are still in their posession and ur case status as well. 😊 Good luck.

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghanagirl » Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

Thanks and good luck to us.Insha Allah

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghanagirl » Fri May 04, 2018 9:21 am

How do i check case status?i only have the TLS application tracker

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Fri May 04, 2018 10:42 pm

@Ghanagirl:

If you like you can either call to UKVI contact center for £1.50 per minute or you can send them E-mail for £5.48. I personally prefer sending them E-mail is better but its your choice what you prefer.

If you copy and paste following link to your browser to open up website where you can fill up your query or request them to escalate your case or ask them to tell you status of your application.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... ide-the-uk

You need to provide them following information to make them enable to answer your concern.
-GWF NUMBER
-IHS NUMBER
-Applicant Full Name
-Date Of Birth
-Place where you applied from
-Biometric Date
-Nationalty

I hope that helps.

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghanagirl » Sat May 05, 2018 7:14 am

Thank you so much

skkid3420
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by skkid3420 » Sun May 06, 2018 3:04 am

Ghanagirl wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:14 am
Thank you so much
Hi Ghanagirl and jamshaid,

wonder if both of you would be kind enough to share your experience.

a. when you submitted your child's application, did you fill in Appendix 1 or Appendix 2?
b. Also, you applied using priority service, didn't you?

thanks a lot.

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Mon May 07, 2018 6:33 am

@ Skkid3420

Following are answers to your questions:
a). Appendix 2
b). Standard (Non Priority) Services.
I personally do not like to extra almost £600 per application for priority. There is now a trend for paying priority with hope to get decision on applications quickly within 30 days. Only few people are lucky enough to get it within targeted time but mostly get to wait. Increased in priority madness is giving huge profit to Home Office and obviously they are loving this trend but on other hand can not handle pressure and unable to decide applications within 30 days and applicants can not do anything about it. Therefore its a win win situation only for Home Office.
But yes it gives psychological satisfaction to applicant in assuming their applications are being dealt on priority basis. Who knows they really are? Its my personal views, no one has to agree or follow... :D

skkid3420
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by skkid3420 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:32 am

jamshaid wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:33 am
@ Skkid3420

Following are answers to your questions:
a). Appendix 2
b). Standard (Non Priority) Services.
I personally do not like to extra almost £600 per application for priority. There is now a trend for paying priority with hope to get decision on applications quickly within 30 days. Only few people are lucky enough to get it within targeted time but mostly get to wait. Increased in priority madness is giving huge profit to Home Office and obviously they are loving this trend but on other hand can not handle pressure and unable to decide applications within 30 days and applicants can not do anything about it. Therefore its a win win situation only for Home Office.
But yes it gives psychological satisfaction to applicant in assuming their applications are being dealt on priority basis. Who knows they really are? Its my personal views, no one has to agree or follow... :D

I followed the online application form website’s prompt message and filled in appendix 1 for my son’s application. (Wife is sponsor, I am applicant, son from previous marriage is dependent) .

Guess I I messed his application (and mine) up big time.....
paid priority too, today is 29 work days.
Headed nothing.
Sigh..... :oops:

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 07, 2018 11:44 am

Paying NHS surcharge is a pre-condition to an application being assessed. Without paying NHS, an application will not be considered. So NHS surcharge for child does not mean that application will be granted, it simply means that a caseworker will be now able to consider application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Post by Everyday4u » Mon May 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Obie wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:44 am
Paying NHS surcharge is a pre-condition to an application being assessed. Without paying NHS, an application will not be considered. So NHS surcharge for child does not mean that application will be granted, it simply means that a caseworker will be now able to consider application.
@Obie
i somehow agree that paying child IHS is only a procedural step as a pre-condition requirement to consider application in full and may not mean VISA will be granted.
But i have seen few cases on this form where applicants are not asked to pay child IHS and guess what they ended up in refusal. Can we not argue that how can Home Office refuses someone visa without following proper procedural step?
Those who are asked to pay child IHS always ended up in positive outcome, some got approval in 3 days some in a week or some in a month after paying IHS link sent by Decision Making Center. That's why we probably can conclude not 100% but a positive outcome likely to be occurred.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 07, 2018 2:25 pm

Well i had a case were the child was refused on the basis that the parent's employment was not genuine, this was 3 weeks after they requested NHS payment. The matter was successful upon appeal though.

There are 3 cases were they granted, but i cannot say it was as a result of the NHS.

It may be that they view NHS payment and refunds imposes too much admin headache, so they decide to refuse and not ask for NHS.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors