ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (m) pay rise within 6 month period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sherife
Newly Registered
Egypt

Set (m) pay rise within 6 month period

Post by sherife » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Hello,

I'm the sponsor for my wife's set (m) application.

I was promoted with a new title and a pay rise last month, however my previous salary was enough to pass the financial requirements.

Do I apply under category B in this case? Or A with previous details.

Thanks,
Sherif

sherife
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: Set (m) pay rise within 6 month period

Post by sherife » Tue May 08, 2018 12:26 am

Any advice on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sherif

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Tue May 08, 2018 9:08 am

how long have you been with your current employer?
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Tue May 08, 2018 9:19 am

if you have been with your current employer for 6 months or more and your initial salary annual gross exceeded the financial requirements, my understanding is you would use category A.

this is the example given on the guidance for category A Page 20 of this financial requirements guidance appendix FM 1.7(scroll down to 1.7):
Example (a)
In an application for entry clearance the applicant’s partner is in salaried employment at the
date of application and has been working for the same employer for 7 months prior to the
date of application. For the first three months of the 6 months prior to the date of application
his gross annual salary was £15,500. Then he was promoted by his employer so that for the
next three months (those being the three months immediately prior to the date of
application) his gross annual salary was £18,700. The applicant’s partner is relying on
Category A and so must have earned a level of gross annual salary which equals or
exceeds the level relied upon in the 6 months prior to the date of application. Therefore the
figure that can be used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary
received during this 6 month period prior to the date of application which is £15,500
The couple have no other source of income or savings and so the financial requirement is
not met
the part where i have highlighted and from my understanding is, your lowest income figure form your employment was already exceeding the financial requirement and that is what will be used in my opinion instead of your new higher rate of pay UNLESS you have worked 6 months with the new pay rate 6 months prior to an application submission.

hope this helps.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Tue May 08, 2018 9:38 am

Hi, after reading you title thread again I noticed you wrote '' within''. could you confirm how long you have been with your current employer? and if, before this job in the last 12 months prior to a submission of an application, where you working?
if so how much was it that you where earning in that job?

sherife
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by sherife » Thu May 10, 2018 12:44 am

Thanks for pointing that paragraph out, I must've missed it.

I've been with same employer for over 12 months and my salary before and after the pay rise exceeds the requirements.

So, as I'll be relying on 4 months of old salary and 2 months of new salary, I think I'll apply under category A and use the old salary.

Would that be your understanding as well?

Thanks,
Sherif

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Thu May 10, 2018 9:33 am

sherife wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:44 am
Thanks for pointing that paragraph out, I must've missed it.

I've been with same employer for over 12 months and my salary before and after the pay rise exceeds the requirements.

So, as I'll be relying on 4 months of old salary and 2 months of new salary, I think I'll apply under category A and use the old salary.

Would that be your understanding as well?

Thanks,
Sherif
My understanding is again, if you have been with the same employer 6 months or more, and your Initial salary already had met the financial requirements AND by the sounds of it, as it is less than 6 months since you were promoted/salary increased prior to an application of ILR.

UKVI will from my understanding use the lower figure to work out your annual gross income under category A from my understanding(hope iv got it right 😕). As by your admission this already meets the financial requirements, then I would in my opinion select category A.