ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Syjem

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Syjem » Fri May 04, 2018 3:07 am

omarel wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:48 am
Anyone heard any updates? I tried calling them this morning, took me 200 calls and still couldn't get through!
Same happen to me as well, I think they did not open the line yesterday because I was trying continuously from 10 till 12 but no success for more than 250 times. I could be wrong if someone else has went through. However, don't expect to get any approval at this time. Mostly, it need another 2 months if they have new ceremony announced.

faraan2
Newly Registered

Post by faraan2 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:26 am

Hi Guys

Sep 2017 my solicitor wrote them the reminder letter about my citizenship application they replied the following
your client naturalisation application is being processed in the normal way With a view to establish whether the Statutory  condition for the granting naturalisation and will be submitted to the minister for decision when processing is complete. Initial Processing team.

This Feb 2018 i requested my solicitor to remind them again and he wrote them a letter and they replied after a week the following

I Wish to Inform You That The Status of Your Client's Naturalisation Application Remain as per our letter September 2017. Processing team 2.

I really don't know what to do as there is no reason is giving for delaying application. Could anyone suggest me what to do? Thanks

faraan2
Newly Registered

Post by faraan2 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:33 am

Zombrano1 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:08 am
Hi,
Can you please send me privately the name of the solicitor and how much did he charge you?
Thank you
amwaraich wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm
The best option is to seek legal advice. I applied in Aug 2016 and my application was not moving a bit ever since. I met a solicitor and after his letters to citizenship my application has been submitted to minister and now I am waiting for decision.

I made a number of calls but to no avail. I even went to my local TD three times but same standard copy/paste response was sent to TD as well.

My solicitor sent a letter in Oct 2017 and I got response after 3 weeks that my application is being prepared for submission to minister. After 5 weeks in Dec 2017 my solicitor sent another letter asking for an update but no response. He sent a reminder and got response on 12 Jan that my application has been submitted to minister and as they get a response they will let us know.

So if someone has been waiting for more than 1 year and they still getting standard copy/paste responses, in my opinion they should seek legal advice. I know it will cost you money but at least you will get a proper response from citizenship.

I hope it will help someone.
Hi Guys

Sep 2017 my solicitor wrote them the reminder letter about my citizenship application they replied the following
your client naturalisation application is being processed in the normal way With a view to establish whether the Statutory  condition for the granting naturalisation and will be submitted to the minister for decision when processing is complete. Initial Processing team.

This Feb 2018 i requested my solicitor to remind them again and he wrote them a letter and they replied after a week the following

I Wish to Inform You That The Status of Your Client's Naturalisation Application Remain as per our letter September 2017. Processing team 2.

I really don't know what to do as there is no reason is giving for delaying application. Could anyone suggest me what to do? Thanks

nad2107

Post by nad2107 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 am

You are lucky you even got a reply. We have sent numerous emails and solicitor written two letters and no reply at all.

I am so frustrated have no idea what to do. Its heartbreaking to see that people who applied in January this year have already had approval and yet again people like us have been waiting since april last year.

I feel they are more reluctant to issue naturalisation to people of certain countries, it really is frustrating.

Have no idea what else we can do to speed up process. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let us know.

Thanks

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Fri May 04, 2018 9:46 pm

nad2107 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 am
You are lucky you even got a reply. We have sent numerous emails and solicitor written two letters and no reply at all.

I am so frustrated have no idea what to do. Its heartbreaking to see that people who applied in January this year have already had approval and yet again people like us have been waiting since april last year.

I feel they are more reluctant to issue naturalisation to people of certain countries, it really is frustrating.

Have no idea what else we can do to speed up process. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let us know.

Thanks
Obviously, there is a cohort of applications that seem to be treated differently and this could be due to their original country or something else. I was expecting that the delay will only be during the second stage when they run the check on people but I then discovered that they also delaying the application even after completing all the checks. Since Feb 2018, I have been told that my application is at final stage which I assume means that they got all the reports they asked for but till now the application didn't reach a conclusion. They should tell people that the process might take so long and not saying that it will take 6 months and then takes more than 2 years.

faraan2
Newly Registered

Post by faraan2 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:10 am

nad2107 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 am

Thanks
When did you apply for Citizenship?
I applied in Nov 2016 on behalf of Eu Stamp 4.

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Sat May 05, 2018 8:29 am

I applied in Dec.16 based on 5 yrs residency through a solicitor, but no progress yet, few weeks ago i approched INIS through TD they replied "your application have been prepared to submit to the Minister and will be sumitted to the Minister in coming weeks, any idea what it means, can i expect approvel before next cermony any time at the end of this year or no hope?

faraan2
Newly Registered

Post by faraan2 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 am

Taki wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:29 am
I applied in Dec.16 based on 5 yrs residency through a solicitor, but no progress yet, few weeks ago i approched INIS through TD they replied "your application have been prepared to submit to the Minister and will be sumitted to the Minister in coming weeks, any idea what it means, can i expect approvel before next cermony any time at the end of this year or no hope?
I wish you good luck and let's hope for the best.

jollymolly1
Newly Registered

Post by jollymolly1 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:29 am

Hi all i applied in May 2016 on the base of been married to Irish national since June 2011. recently i received a letter from Team 4 stating that if i can submit Police Criminal Refrence Check from PSNI so they can submit my file to minister. But i had already given them that when i applied in 2016. Shall i send another one or dont.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue May 08, 2018 9:31 am

Hi Folks,
Just rang them now and I have been told that it is final stage and should here from them maximum end of this month. I told them that I have been told the same 6 weeks ago, the lady assured me that the application is at final stage I should hear from them very shortly and if not to call them again.
Don't know what to say, based on their promise 8 weeks I have cancelled my trip to another country hoping that I will get my decision and if approved I will attend the ceremony this month.
I have emailed them a week ago and no response to date.

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:57 am

jollymolly1 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:29 am
Hi all i applied in May 2016 on the base of been married to Irish national since June 2011. recently i received a letter from Team 4 stating that if i can submit Police Criminal Refrence Check from PSNI so they can submit my file to minister. But i had already given them that when i applied in 2016. Shall i send another one or dont.
If that is what’s holding your decision, you shouldn’t hesitate in sending one off to them so they can submit your file to the minister.

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Rosay36 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:58 am

Syjem wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:31 am
Hi Folks,
Just rang them now and I have been told that it is final stage and should here from them maximum end of this month. I told them that I have been told the same 6 weeks ago, the lady assured me that the application is at final stage I should hear from them very shortly and if not to call them again.
Don't know what to say, based on their promise 8 weeks I have cancelled my trip to another country hoping that I will get my decision and if approved I will attend the ceremony this month.
I was told the same mid April, just last week I received my approval. I reckon your decision is on its way.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue May 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Rosay36 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:58 am
Syjem wrote:
Hi Folks,
I was told the same mid April, just last week I received my approval. I reckon your decision is on its way.
Congrats on your approval.
I don't really believe what they say because they have said the same thing to me many times in the last three months but till now no decision received.

Cz2015
Ireland

Post by Cz2015 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:09 am

Syjem wrote:
Hi Folks,
I got the same response from them when I called yesterday hopefully good news is on it’s way
The lady on The phone said to me thy have a date for the next ceremony so once this ceremony passs they’ll start rolling out approval again.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed May 09, 2018 7:59 am

Cz2015 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:09 am
I got the same response from them when I called yesterday hopefully good news is on it’s way
The lady on The phone said to me thy have a date for the next ceremony so once this ceremony passs they’ll start rolling out approval again.
They have already rolled some approvals last week which I think for the next ceremony. Will see how it goes for us. did she tell you about the date for the next ceremony?

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Wed May 09, 2018 12:14 pm

INIS told me your application have been prepared for submission to Minister.
Can anybody have any idea, how long they will take to finalize my application from this stage.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:44 pm

Code: Select all

INIS told me your application have been prepared for submission to Minister.
 Can anybody have any idea, how long they will take to finalize my application from this stage.
I can give you a perfect answer to that note below for emphasis I have underline it too!

from 1 day that's is you might get your approval tomorrow to 15 months

Taki
Ireland

Post by Taki » Wed May 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Thank u for reply Mal111, u mean they may can take more 15 months to get approvel from the Minister. Although they have already taken 15 months to reach this stage. What i can do to short this period.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed May 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Taki wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:29 pm
Thank u for reply Mal111, u mean they may can take more 15 months to get approvel from the Minister. Although they have already taken 15 months to reach this stage. What i can do to short this period.
No one can predict how long it might take, it is completely strange system. Since last Feb I have been told that the application is in final stage but till now I didn't receive anything from them. I have been told many times via the phone that I will hear from them in few weeks and I am still waiting. So in summary they can hold on your application even if they have received all the reports and you application is prepared to be submitted to the minister.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue May 15, 2018 9:21 am

Hi,
Any new updates from the delayed applicants?
The last updated I got that the application has been prepared for minster but still not submitted to him. I have been told that they will send something to me this month but I don't really trust what they say cuz I have been told same before but didn't get anything.
Would you mind to share with us the latest thing you got from them.

Many thanks

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Wed May 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I contacted them too many times and everytime they say different things so don't believe on them. I have a suggestion to all of you guys who applied in 2016 we should take some legal action all together to push department for a decision. Like this god knows how long more we have to wait. According to current climate they don't want to approve EUFAM applicants easily and they are delaying for no reason. We also don't know when is the next ceremony and what's the guarantee to be approved in next one. So please guys that's the time to contact to some well known barrister to handle our cases.

Thanks

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:58 pm

i have just created a pol to test this theory so guys please participate
thanks

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Thu May 17, 2018 12:16 am

Its a good idea to see how many of us are EUFAM and from India/Pak region. But only this won't resolve our issues. We should all together lodge some complaint against INIS to higher authorities. Why they can't give us some time frame or why other applications are processed quickly? And what are the straight forward applications? Anyway we will have to hope for next ceremony now if we all are lucky enough.

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:09 am

Any idea about the next ceremony?
I applied in November 16, 1st letter after couple of weeks and 2nd letter in July 17. Since then nothing. A recent email reply from INIS...
“Your application is currently being processed and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in
touch as soon as a decision has been reached.”

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Fri May 18, 2018 1:05 am

We all getting kinda like same replies and its all worthless. Iceice i applied since june 2016 so you can imagine my level of frustration.I am waiting til june after that i am contacting some well known barrister for sure.