ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Property and Citizenship

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vlabathomas
Mood:

Property and Citizenship

Post by vlabathomas » Sun May 06, 2018 7:51 am

Hi

I' received my ILR this month, i'm aware that my child born in UK who is currently my Tier 2 dependent can apply for citizenship now and I can apply mine next March.

I've some properties in India and was wondering if there will be any potential problems in future if i ever try to transfer my ownership to the child when she is over 18 years.

I just need to what are losses i will incur by changing my nationality from India to British.
Ie : switching from ILr to British Citizenship

Also in case i take the citizenship how do i travel to India and how long can i stay ( what passport ) ?
Can i still own properties in India as my citizenship has changed ??

secret.simon

Re: Property and Citizenship

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 06, 2018 9:39 am

It seems to me that your queries are about Indian law, i.e. inheritance and ownership of Indian property by a foreign citizen. I will therefore move your thread to the Other Countries forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

takdeerwala
India

Re: Property and Citizenship

Post by takdeerwala » Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Apply for OCI card and Surrender of Indian Citizenship after becoming British Citizen. As per OCI cardholder rules, you are eligible to live lifelong in India and also maintain inherit properties. There are some restrictions in purchase of agricultural lands though.