ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice of marriage and pending applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Branok
Mood:

Notice of marriage and pending applications

Post by Branok » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:14 pm

I'm from Germany and she is from Argentina.

I asked a friend who recently got married and they didn't need to show anything on the day but then again they are both British.

Branok
Mood:

Withdraw EEA EFM?

Post by Branok » Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Update:

I would like to thank you all for your support and help and I'm happy to announce that since last weekend we are now a married couple!

We had two friends as witnesses in the registry office and then met up with family & friends for reception in the evening. We were not asked for any passport or other papers and all went smooth.

Now I have to decide if we are going to send in the marriage certificate to support our current EEA EFM application or if we should withdraw the EEA EFM and reapply under EEA FM. I'm guessing that the EEA EFM application under Lounes can be fairly easily discarded by HO but an EEA FM application would be the same situation as the actual Lounes case so should succeed.

I would really like some opinions on the matter but I feel the EEA forum would be better suited. Is it OK for me to post a new topic there? Or can I maybe get this post moved over?

secret.simon

Re: Notice of marriage and pending applications

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 09, 2018 12:48 pm

Branok wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 pm
I would really like some opinions on the matter but I feel the EEA forum would be better suited. Is it OK for me to post a new topic there? Or can I maybe get this post moved over?
So, just to clarify, what nationalities does the EEA citizen hold and how were they acquired (at birth, by descent, naturalisation, etc)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Branok
Mood:

Post by Branok » Wed May 09, 2018 12:55 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:48 pm
Branok wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 pm
So, just to clarify, what nationalities does the EEA citizen hold and how were they acquired (at birth, by descent, naturalisation, etc)?
Born in Germany by German parents.
Moved to the UK in 2001 and naturalised as British citizen in 2013 after holding a PR under EEA 2006 regulation for several years.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Thread split and moved to the EEA Applications forum. Also see earlier thread about FLR(FP) and EEA EFM applications before marriage.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Branok
Mood:

Withdraw EEA EFM?

Post by Branok » Wed May 09, 2018 1:06 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:02 pm
Thread split and moved to the EEA Applications forum. Also see earlier thread about FLR(FP) and EEA EFM applications before marriage.
Thank you for splitting it