ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting T2 General after having T2 ICT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AnastasiyaP
Newly Registered
Russia

Getting T2 General after having T2 ICT

Post by AnastasiyaP » Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 pm

Hello!
I need help with the following issue and will appreciate any comment on it:
I worked in the UK for five years having Tier-2 ICT visa. I worked in the British branch of my company located in Russia. Now I am in Russia working for the same company and being in the middle of my cooling off period.
Here is the question:
1) When my cooling-off period is finished, can I apply for Tier-2 General if I want to come back to the UK to work again in the British branch of my employer? Or will my application get refused? If yes, what would be the possible reasons for it?
2) If Tier-2 General is an option for me, would it be possible to get Tier-2 ICT again?
Thank you.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Getting T2 General after having T2 ICT

Post by cyclina1 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 pm

AnastasiyaP wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 pm
Hello!
I worked in the UK for five years having Tier-2 ICT visa. I worked in the British branch of my company located in Russia. Now I am in Russia working for the same company and being in the middle of my cooling off period.
Here is the question:
1) When my cooling-off period is finished, can I apply for Tier-2 General if I want to come back to the UK to work again in the British branch of my employer? Yes Or will my application get refused? No. if everything complies. If yes, what would be the possible reasons for it?
2) If Tier-2 General is an option for me, would it be possible to get Tier-2 ICT again? This is up to your employer.

Thank you.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

AnastasiyaP
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnastasiyaP » Thu May 10, 2018 7:37 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:38 pm
AnastasiyaP wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:31 pm
Hello!
Here is the question:
1) When my cooling-off period is finished, can I apply for Tier-2 General if I want to come back to the UK to work again in the British branch of my employer? Yes Or will my application get refused? No. if everything complies. If yes, what would be the possible reasons for it?
2) If Tier-2 General is an option for me, would it be possible to get Tier-2 ICT again? This is up to your employer. What exactly is up to the employer? Could you please specify? To define which sub-tier to choose - ICT or General? And General can still be chosen even though in fact it is intra-company transfer when I already was once and am planning to be transferred again from one branch of the company to another?

Thank you.
Thank you for your comment!
Please see mine above in blue.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 9:03 am

There are different mandatory requirements for ICT or General that your employer has to meet before they can issue a CoS. So your employer is likely the one who decides which sub cat to issue a CoS for depending on whether they requirements have been met, i.e. RLMT for example for Tier 2 General CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AnastasiyaP
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by AnastasiyaP » Thu May 10, 2018 9:41 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:03 am
There are different mandatory requirements for ICT or General that your employer has to meet before they can issue a CoS. So your employer is likely the one who decides which sub cat to issue a CoS for depending on whether they requirements have been met, i.e. RLMT for example for Tier 2 General CoS.
Thank you!
So I guess if my employer has a licence for both ICT and General, this time I can try to apply for General (given my employer consents to that).