ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Account To Show Proof of Funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

2018Wealthy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Joint Account To Show Proof of Funds

Post by 2018Wealthy » Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 am

Good morning to you all.
I wonder if someone can help me to clarify this.
I am trying to organise the funds needed to show maintenance and balance of fees for my Tier 4 visa application.
Someone is willing to help me but they are hesitant to put all of that money in my account. It is really a lot and I understand. They are suggesting we open a join account where they will be the only signatory. Would that be OK and acceptable? Or does the joint account have to be with family members or spouses only?
Please help.
Thanks in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Joint Account To Show Proof of Funds

Post by sah10406 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:24 pm

2018Wealthy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 am
Someone is willing to help me but they are hesitant to put all of that money in my account. It is really a lot and I understand.
Either they are giving you this money or they are not. If this is the money for your fees and living costs, it needs to be held in an acceptable account. They can reduce the amount they need to give you by paying the balance of your fees first.
2018Wealthy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 am
They are suggesting we open a join account where they will be the only signatory. Would that be OK and acceptable? Or does the joint account have to be with family members or spouses only?
See Appendix C of the immigration rules, paragraph 13:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ance-funds

and Tier 4 Policy Guidance, paragraph 227i:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student

To be honest, it is sounding a little like you want to pretend this person's money is for your fees and living costs, when it is not. This would fall foul of Appendix C of the immigration rules, paragraph 1A(ca):

If the applicant is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 4 Migrant, he must confirm that the funds referred to in (a) above are:
(i) available [...] for his use in studying and living in the UK; and
(ii) that the funds will remain available [...] unless used to pay for course fees and living costs;
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.