ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AMF
Newly Registered
Albania

COS

Post by AMF » Thu May 10, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi,

My COS for extension had a mistake on it with regard to work dates. My Work end date was falling outside of my 6 year limit as this being my second job on tier 2. So home office sent my employer an email asking to read guideline and amend the date. However employer could not make this amendment as COS was uneditable as it had expired by then.

Now Employer has made a new COS today and work start date is todays date .... my extenstion applicaition was made in mid February 2018. My employer has put end date as last date on my original 6 year time scale i.e 10 March 2021

1. Can COS work start date be back dated to the March date instead of todays date.

2. My employer says visas are given in 3 year or two year chunks. So I'm confused regarding what will become of this application as If COS had no work start/end date mistake it would have been granted for three years but now its already less then 3 years. Does anyone know what becomes of such applications? is tier 2 in yearly chunks.

thank you

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: COS

Post by cyclina1 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 am

AMF wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:36 pm
Hi,

My COS for extension had a mistake on it with regard to work dates. My Work end date was falling outside of my 6 year limit as this being my second job on tier 2. So home office sent my employer an email asking to read guideline and amend the date. However employer could not make this amendment as COS was uneditable as it had expired by then.

I don't understand why the HO is so stupid on this issue, they just offer you the visa until the date that 6 years satisfied is OK. Obviously, the HO also spot that thus ask your boss to amend.

Now Employer has made a new COS today and work start date is todays date .... my extenstion applicaition was made in mid February 2018. My employer has put end date as last date on my original 6 year time scale i.e 10 March 2021

1. Can COS work start date be back dated to the March date instead of todays date.

2. My employer says visas are given in 3 year or two year chunks. So I'm confused regarding what will become of this application as If COS had no work start/end date mistake it would have been granted for three years but now its already less then 3 years. Does anyone know what becomes of such applications? is tier 2 in yearly chunks.

no for sure!

thank you
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.