ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Akc
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

MN1

Post by Akc » Thu May 10, 2018 12:12 pm

I have a few queries regarding the MN1 application. I was recently approved ILR in March 2018, my daughter now age 2 years 3 months was born in the UK in January 2016 and currently on a PBS dependent resident permit. Her father is of Trinidadian nationality and on a PBS dependent residence permit as well. They are both currently in the UK.

Can I apply for my daughter on this form? Will she still be eligible if at the time of her birth, her father and I were not married but married after in July 2016?
Or would it be best to apply as child or spouse for the both of them together?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Can I apply for my daughter on this form?

Yes.
Will she still be eligible if at the time of her birth, her father and I were not married but married after in July 2016?
Yes. She has an entitlement to register.
Or would it be best to apply as child or spouse for the both of them together?
Not relevant. A UK born child is entitled to register as British once EITHER parent gets ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Akc
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Akc » Thu May 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Does this entitlement mean that if successful she gets a british passport if it is approved? And allowed to stay in the UK indefinitely?
How long does the application take and is there a same day premium service option?

Thanks for your response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Does this entitlement mean that if successful she gets a british passport if it is approved?
Passport application is a separate process to Registering her on form MN1. But yes, she can get a passport once she is registered as British.
And allowed to stay in the UK indefinitely?
Yes as she will be British.
How long does the application take and is there a same day premium service option?
It can take a couple of months or many months. No premium service option unfortunately.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Akc
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Akc » Sat May 26, 2018 6:42 am

Also, regarding referees for the mn1 application my daughter is only 2 , can I use one professional optometrist and one other non professional a assistant manager,? Both are friends of the family and over 25. Is that ok?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat May 26, 2018 8:24 am

Akc wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:42 am
Also, regarding referees for the mn1 application my daughter is only 2 , can I use one professional optometrist and one other non professional a assistant manager,? Both are friends of the family and over 25. Is that ok?
You can if they meet the other requirements.