ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Entr. Dependent Funds Maintenance Joint Account

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

ivata
Newly Registered
Belarus

T1 Entr. Dependent Funds Maintenance Joint Account

Post by ivata » Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi,
my husband is on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, which was successfully extended in 2017.
I'am his dependent and also had an extension last year. We are now preparing document for our baby to apply for Tier 1 Dependent visa and we want to provide our (My husband's and my name) joint bank account as funds maintenance proof. Will our joint account be suitable or it must be a personal account of the main applicant?
can anyone advice, please?
thank you

kaps84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: T1 Entr. Dependent Funds Maintenance Joint Account

Post by kaps84 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Joint account is absolutely fine (as long as the person applying/signing for the visa/application is named as one of the joint holder).

In your case, it's absolutely fine.
-- Kaps84

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Will our joint account be suitable
Yes. HO wouldn't expect a baby (the main applicant for this visa application) to have a bank account (joint or otherwise) to prove maintenance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu May 10, 2018 4:24 pm

ivata wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm
Hi,
my husband is on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, which was successfully extended in 2017.
I'am his dependent and also had an extension last year. We are now preparing document for our baby to apply for Tier 1 Dependent visa and we want to provide our (My husband's and my name) joint bank account as funds maintenance proof. Will our joint account be suitable or it must be a personal account of the main applicant?
thank you
The question has already been answered but I had a question of my own.

Was your baby born in UK ? If so, are you applying for a dependant visa because you need to travel or some other reason ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ivata
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by ivata » Thu May 10, 2018 7:22 pm

kaps84 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:13 pm
Joint account is absolutely fine (as long as the person applying/signing for the visa/application is named as one of the joint holder).

In your case, it's absolutely fine.
Thank you for your advice!

ivata
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by ivata » Thu May 10, 2018 7:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm
Will our joint account be suitable
Yes. HO wouldn't expect a baby (the main applicant for this visa application) to have a bank account (joint or otherwise) to prove maintenance.
Thank you for your advice!

ivata
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by ivata » Thu May 10, 2018 7:25 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:24 pm
ivata wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:08 pm
Hi,
thank you
The question has already been answered but I had a question of my own.

Was your baby born in UK ? If so, are you applying for a dependant visa because you need to travel or some other reason ?
Hi,
our baby was born in the UK and when he was 2 months old we traveled back to Belarus to make a passport for him. Now we need the visa for him to return with us back to the UK.