ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: CoS passport number incomplete

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yapolyak
Russia

Urgent: CoS passport number incomplete

Post by yapolyak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:05 pm

Dear all,

I was just about to apply for a visa extension (changing employer), but I noticed that in my Certificate of Sponsorship Details the passport number given incomplete. The Russian passport numbers have the form: XX YYYYYYY, and I always give it as XXYYYYYYY in the official forms (with no space). In my CoS however, only YYYYYYY is given, omitting the first two digits.
From your experience - will that cause any problems, or if there is no problems with all other data, Home Office won't reject such an application?.. I wanted to apply before 6th of April, but now I am in a deep doubt - I probably should ask my employer to update the CoS information first...

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Iakov

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Urgent: CoS passport number incomplete

Post by iworker » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:57 pm

I would apply for the visa (post it today), and ask the employer to add a note to the cos notes (you cannot change a cos), and mention how a typo has been made regarding the passport number.

yapolyak
Russia

Post by yapolyak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:26 pm

iworker wrote:I would apply for the visa (post it today), and ask the employer to add a note to the cos notes (you cannot change a cos), and mention how a typo has been made regarding the passport number.
Thank you very much for your answer! I was going to apply online, so I guess I can apply also during the weekend (as you could've guessed the point was not to pay the NHS surcharge)... What bothers me is that I couldn't reach the employer as they are already not working today, and the specific lady that takes care of my CoS is on vacation till April 13... Now I am really in hesitation!

But thanks a lot!

Regards,
Iakov

yapolyak
Russia

Post by yapolyak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:43 pm

iworker wrote:I would apply for the visa (post it today), and ask the employer to add a note to the cos notes (you cannot change a cos), and mention how a typo has been made regarding the passport number.
May I just ask you one final thing - you said the cos cannot be changed - but may the employer decide to create a new cos (with the new reference number) instead of adding a note to the original one? In that case, if I apply now and give the original cos reference number, I will be in a trouble. I already asked them to add a note, but who knows, may be they have strange rules about that... Or you reckon that is not of a high possibility?

Thanks a lot!

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:13 pm

By changed, it means you can't change the passport number field in CoS. Instead, you can add a note to specify the correct passport number in CoS. Hope that helps.

yapolyak
Russia

Post by yapolyak » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:17 pm

ravisb_2014 wrote:By changed, it means you can't change the passport number field in CoS. Instead, you can add a note to specify the correct passport number in CoS. Hope that helps.
Yes, I understand that. I was only wondering, if instead of adding a note to an existing CoS, due to whatever reason an employer may wish to cancel the old CoS and create a new one (with the correct passport number).

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:59 pm

that is not very likely as each time a cos is assigned, they have to pay £185

yapolyak
Russia

Post by yapolyak » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:03 pm

iworker wrote:that is not very likely as each time a cos is assigned, they have to pay £185
That is a very helpful information, thank you!

yapolyak
Russia

Post by yapolyak » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:12 pm

I can't believe it. After checking my CoS again, I noticed that in the field of "Place of birth" it is stated "Russian Federation", instead of "USSR".. That is the second typo (although a very light one), and I guess now I have to ask for the new CoS, right?...

danalaw
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by danalaw » Sun May 13, 2018 6:20 pm

My reply i a bit late, but I faced a similar situation now. In my CoS my Russian passport number is incomplete. Out of curiosity, may I ask how ended up your story? Did your employer issue a new CoS or corrected the previous one?Did Home Office picked up that tiny mistake? Thanks i advance for reply.

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Sun May 13, 2018 8:01 pm

As the USSR does not exist any more, they have to put Russian Federation. I think their options are via a drop-down menu so they cannot just type USSR.

I also have a Russian passport and it was always fine. Don't worry.