ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long delay in Citizenship- applied in 2015

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zombrano1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Long delay in Citizenship- applied in 2015

Post by Zombrano1 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi all,
I have applied for citizenship in July 2015 based on Irish Association as a parent of a minor Irish child. I have no convictions at all.
For almost 3 years whenever I send an email asking for the status of my application they reply that it is under process.
Could you please tell me if there is anything I can do to have an answer? I checked with a lawyer and she advised that we can do a Judicial Review. Could anyone here tried it before? How does it work?
Thank you in advance for your valuable input

khurshah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Long delay in Citizenship- applied in 2015

Post by khurshah » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:59 am

your case looks like pretty much as my friend. He submitted citizenship application in Dec 2015 then got acknowledgment in Feb 2016 and since then its under process. Every time he sends an email to check status they advise its under process. I think all we can do is wait until its completely processed.

abelekhoh
Ireland

Post by abelekhoh » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:39 am

khurshah wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:59 am
your case looks like pretty much as my friend. He submitted citizenship application in Dec 2015 then got acknowledgment in Feb 2016 and since then its under process. Every time he sends an email to check status they advise its under process. I think all we can do is wait until its completely processed.
HI Khurshah
you applied in December 2015 when did you get your second stage letter?
Thanks

Visique
Newly Registered
India

Post by Visique » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:17 pm

HI
I also applied on basis on Irish associations in 2017 jan - my child is Irish. I emailed them few times and it is the same reply most of the times . I completed my 5 yrs in Nov 2017 and updated them about he same. Last email i wrote asking advice about retracting my application and new submission under completion of 5 yrs , they just replied that its in process and would ask for any docs if required.
I am thinking of applying on basis of 5 yrs - any suggestions ..

thanks