ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Judicial review. Naturalization refused...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hassan7861

Judicial review. Naturalization refused...

Post by Hassan7861 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:02 am

Hi admin and fellow members
Just one question any one on this forum had sucessful judicial review after their BC and reconsidration of BC was refused and they got sucessful in judicial review and was granted BC.?????

ouflak1

Re: Judicial review. Naturalization refused...

Post by ouflak1 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:46 am

Child applicants with criminal records. This is the only one that I can think of that could be considered close to what you propose. Since citizenship isn't a right, it's difficult to make a case that anyone was wronged by its denial, hence the lack of precedent for adult applications. But there are others here who are far more knowledgable of court rulings and history than I am. Maybe one of them can dig something up. I believe there was a court case involved in the ruling that illegitimacy was no longer a grounds to refuse citizenship to people who would have qualified if the parents were married at the time of birth?
Last edited by ouflak1 on Sat May 12, 2018 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat May 12, 2018 11:48 am

It would depend on the reasons why your application & reconsideration was refused in the first place?

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:30 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:48 am
It would depend on the reasons why your application & reconsideration was refused in the first place?
Thanks for ur reply. The reason i asked this is because i got ILR on long residency basis it was refused before because i had a 62 days gap in my long residency. The gap was because my my FLR M application was invalid cuz of non payment and i reapplied after 62 days. So in appealnjudge gave decesion in my favour and even in upper tribunal i won and judge told home office that its also their fault that i have 62 days gap. So im wondering when i apply for BC it will be refused again on the same basis.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Sun May 13, 2018 9:32 pm

I am also with you in the same boat. Initially I was applied in Feb 2014 with 2 MN1 application for children as well. After 2 and half year letter the home office refused. Then applied reconsideration and ones again refused In 18 month. Then start JR send Pre Action Protocol letter but unfortunately the didn't respond and the home office failed to reply within 14 days. Then lodge proper Judicial review application in Jan 30 2018. And up till now nothing heard anything from the Court still waiting for Permission to grant. Personally I lost my hope from the present dearly beloved May Govt. Anyway best wishes for your Judicial review application.
Thank you.
Babe khyber.

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:28 am

babe_khyber wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:32 pm
I am also with you in the same boat. Initially I was applied in Feb 2014 with 2 MN1 application for children as well. After 2 and half year letter the home office refused. Then applied reconsideration and ones again refused In 18 month. Then start JR send Pre Action Protocol letter but unfortunately the didn't respond and the home office failed to reply within 14 days. Then lodge proper Judicial review application in Jan 30 2018. And up till now nothing heard anything from the Court still waiting for Permission to grant. Personally I lost my hope from the present dearly beloved May Govt. Anyway best wishes for your Judicial review application.
Thank you.
Babe khyber.
Whats the reason of ur refusal? Did they also refused the MN1 of ur children and what basis? Please tell us bit about ur history and refusal ?

Hassan7861

Post by Hassan7861 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:42 am

babe_khyber wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:32 pm
Thank you.
Babe khyber.
Ive read your old posts what i can see is ur case is very complex in nature. Ur only hope is judicial review.

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Mon May 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Hassan, yes they refused my children registration as well because the perant were not British citizen or Naturalise at the moment but I gotten British passport for my one child in 2013. Now I am waiting for Subject access record decision if I received in the coming week or so then I have to applying reconsideration for my children ones again. My case not complex but just the case of discrimination against my religious beliefs, thought and faith. Anyway let's see what will happen in the JR stage. Thank you.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber

babe_khyber
Member of Standing

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:05 pm

[quote=babe_khyber post_id=1634415 time=1526320346 user_id=81647]
Hassan, yes they refused my children registration as well because the perant were not British citizen or Naturalise at the moment but I gotten British passport for my one child in 2013. Now I am waiting for Subject access record decision if I received in the coming week or so then I have to applying reconsideration for my children ones again. My case not complex but just the case of discrimination against my religious beliefs, thought and faith. Anyway let's see what will happen in the JR stage. Thank you.
Best wishes.
Babe khyber[/quote]
New updates from the Court has been received in last month and the court says initially I mind to grant permission but ones again given the opportunity to home office to resolve the issues and make new decision by 31 August 2018 if not then the file will transfer to Judge for decision permission.
Is there any one who were in the same situation and what is the chance of outcome. Any reply will be appreciated Thanks.
Baby Khyber