ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Educated son in UK for 7 years continuously so is he eligible to apply Permanent residence in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nprasad
Newly Registered

Educated son in UK for 7 years continuously so is he eligible to apply Permanent residence in UK

Post by nprasad » Fri May 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi All,
Legally parents in UK for last 7 years along with my son who is educated 7 years legally continuously
so my question Is my son eligible for Permanent residence in UK can I apply now (7 years)- Please clarify
My visa details as follows
Visa status : Tier2 on ICT 2011-2014 Feb and Visa status Tier4 student visa From 2014Mar-Till date.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: Educated son in UK for 7 years continuously so is he eligible to apply Permanent residence in UK

Post by CMOSUK » Sat May 12, 2018 7:35 am

nprasad wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:58 pm
Hi All,
Legally parents in UK for last 7 years along with my son who is educated 7 years legally continuously
so my question Is my son eligible for Permanent residence in UK can I apply now (7 years)- Please clarify
My visa details as follows
Visa status : Tier2 on ICT 2011-2014 Feb and Visa status Tier4 student visa From 2014Mar-Till date.
Was your son born in the UK? If so at any point have they travelled outside the UK and returned?
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

nprasad
Newly Registered

Re: Educated son in UK for 7 years continuously so is he eligible to apply Permanent residence in UK

Post by nprasad » Sat May 12, 2018 10:51 pm

My Son born India and went to India couple of times and returned always back to UK within 90 days ie 40days - Appreciate your help

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 13, 2018 1:04 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nprasad
Newly Registered

Post by nprasad » Mon May 14, 2018 9:26 am

Do advise me next steps for my above query

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:55 am

nprasad wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:26 am
Do advise me next steps for my above query
Have you clicked on the 'NO' link that vinny has provided and read it???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nprasad
Newly Registered

Post by nprasad » Thu May 17, 2018 11:04 pm

I have gone thru provided by Vinu(Nolink) however all those links are stated as illegal stayed in the UK however my son legally stayed last 7 years so please advise on it

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 18, 2018 12:06 am

There appears to be no provisions to grant a child ILR on the basis of 7 years' residence in the UK.

Child may be granted ILR after residing at least 10 years legally in the UK or when parents are granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.