ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issues with successful application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yyc90
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Issues with successful application

Post by yyc90 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi, I know my title might be confusing, let me clarify my problems and I hope one of the experts here might be able to answer my queries.

I have submitted an application for TIER 2 change of employer 27/4/18 via postal priority application (through my company's agent) and got the result on 8/5/18. However there is a few issues when they showed me the approval letter:

1. the start date stated on the letter is not my actual start date. for example: i am suppose to start on 1/8/18 however it is stated as 26/7/18, but both my company and the agent agreed that my start date is 1/8/18 before we submit the application! I have a problem now as I need to serve my notice with current company so I am not able to start on 26/7/18. can I just ignore it and start on 1/8/18 ?

2. the salary on the approval letter is lower than what is stated on my offer letter (example, 42k vs 43k). However it does not show what is my working hours on the letter so I am not too sure how they come out with the number. It is alright if I am receiving slight higher pay/ working longer hours than what is on my approval letter (or I suppose COS since the approval letter is based on my COS)?

I am frustrated as I am usually a very careful person and I will go through my application thoroughly. I have no control on this application as it is handled by third party!

Thank you in advance for your help and advises !

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Issues with successful application

Post by cyclina1 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 am

yyc90 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:44 pm
Hi, I know my title might be confusing, let me clarify my problems and I hope one of the experts here might be able to answer my queries.

I have submitted an application for TIER 2 change of employer 27/4/18 via postal priority application (through my company's agent) and got the result on 8/5/18. However there is a few issues when they showed me the approval letter:

1. the start date stated on the letter is not my actual start date. for example: i am suppose to start on 1/8/18 however it is stated as 26/7/18, but both my company and the agent agreed that my start date is 1/8/18 before we submit the application! I have a problem now as I need to serve my notice with current company so I am not able to start on 26/7/18. can I just ignore it and start on 1/8/18 ?

It won't affect your VISA.

2. the salary on the approval letter is lower than what is stated on my offer letter (example, 42k vs 43k). However it does not show what is my working hours on the letter so I am not too sure how they come out with the number. It is alright if I am receiving slight higher pay/ working longer hours than what is on my approval letter (or I suppose COS since the approval letter is based on my COS)?

As long as higher than the approved letter, minimum threshold of your SOC job. Nothing to bother. Just a slightly adjustment

I am frustrated as I am usually a very careful person and I will go through my application thoroughly. I have no control on this application as it is handled by third party!

Thank you in advance for your help and advises !
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.