ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Questions

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ali272
Member of Standing

Employment Questions

Post by Ali272 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Hello members,

I was sponsored by my university for Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur and switched to Tier 1 Entrepreneur in Nov 2016. I have few questions and it would be great if you guys can help please. Thanks in advance.

1. I'm changing my business.I have come to conclusion that it is extremely hard to employ 2 people and be even close to profitable in my current business. I like my current business idea and I was one of the very few who were sponsored by my university but I really think I should stop listening to my business mentor because my business is not going to generate substantial revenue anytime soon and hence a very risky start up for my visa. As a result I would like to change my business effective immediately. Is it possible to change my business?

2. I would like to employ my first employee by July and the second one by September. Does it matter if both of them have the same job title? There are going to be two different settled persons obviously.

3. Does the job have to be RQF 4 level and above?

4. Does the home office care about terms of the employment contract? Do I have to include certain conditions in the contract or it can be normal generic contracts used by other employers?

5. Just to confirm that I fully understand the Tier 1 employment requirement rules for extension. To satisfy the employment requirement for extension, All I have to do is employ two people for minimum of 130 hours a month and for minimum of 12 months each, paying them at least the minimum wage and follow other relevant rules and regulations such as working time directive. Right? Am I missing something? I really don't want to get zero points for job creation come extension time. :)

That's all I have for now. Thank you so much!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Employment Questions

Post by zimba » Sun May 13, 2018 7:50 pm

1. I'm changing my business.I have come to conclusion that it is extremely hard to employ 2 people and be even close to profitable in my current business. I like my current business idea and I was one of the very few who were sponsored by my university but I really think I should stop listening to my business mentor because my business is not going to generate substantial revenue anytime soon and hence a very risky start up for my visa. As a result I would like to change my business effective immediately. Is it possible to change my business?
No restrictions
2. I would like to employ my first employee by July and the second one by September. Does it matter if both of them have the same job title? There are going to be two different settled persons obviously.
You need to create at least TWO POSITIONS lasting for 12 months. Titles should not matter
3. Does the job have to be RQF 4 level and above?
No
4. Does the home office care about terms of the employment contract? Do I have to include certain conditions in the contract or it can be normal generic contracts used by other employers?
No specific requirements
5. Just to confirm that I fully understand the Tier 1 employment requirement rules for extension. To satisfy the employment requirement for extension, All I have to do is employ two people for minimum of 130 hours a month and for minimum of 12 months each, paying them at least the minimum wage and follow other relevant rules and regulations such as working time directive. Right? Am I missing something? I really don't want to get zero points for job creation come extension time. :)
You need to create at least TWO POSITIONS lasting for 12 months. You can replace employees and the 12 months do not need to be continious
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Thank you Zimba. Very helpful as always.

Ali272
Member of Standing

Mid Month employee start date

Post by Ali272 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:26 am

Hello,

One of my employees started on July 9th. I was just wondering if I can count July for job creation. He worked for 102 hours in July and for 30 hours each week.

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Mid Month employee start date

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:42 am

Ali272 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:26 am
Hello,

One of my employees started on July 9th. I was just wondering if I can count July for job creation. He worked for 102 hours in July and for 30 hours each week.

Thank you.
Start date is irrelevant. It is 52 weeks of full time work
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:22 am

Great. Thank you Zimba.