ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

blue.olive

WP to Tier1

Post by blue.olive » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:42 am

From WP to Tier1
Applied: April 17th (Royal mail special delivery)
Recd at Home Office: April 18th (confirmed)
Payment Processed: April 18th
Reference no: April 18th PB3030***(sent on 18th by post)
Decision:

Lets hope for the best.

Olive

sankar

Post by sankar » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi Urgent,
its great that you have a statistics of many applicants. do you have info regarding location from where applications are made, for ex, from inside UK, or from India or from somewhere else? Then we can imagine a approximate waiting time for normal cases.

Thanks.

shubi81

Eligible dates of Payslips--Urgent !!

Post by shubi81 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:27 am

Hi , I'll be applying for Tier1 in 1st week of May from within India . Can I show payslips from March ,07 to Feb,08 . Pls let me know urgently , else I need to apply by April end

Thanks
Shubi

sidshekhar

Re: Eligible dates of Payslips--Urgent !!

Post by sidshekhar » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:20 am

The salary your are claiming should be immediate 12 months beofre your application. for example if you are applying on 7 May. The end period of salary you are claiming should be between 7 march to 6th May. So if you work it backwards you have to claim the preriod between May07 to Apr 08> I hope it answers your question.
shubi81 wrote:Hi , I'll be applying for Tier1 in 1st week of May from within India . Can I show payslips from March ,07 to Feb,08 . Pls let me know urgently , else I need to apply by April end

Thanks
Shubi

abhishekagrawal79

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:38 am

Hi,

Its not immediate 12 months.It is a period of consecutive 12 months from last 15 months. That means you can selectany 12 months from last 15 months of date of your applicaion.

Abhishek
sidshekhar wrote:The salary your are claiming should be immediate 12 months beofre your application. for example if you are applying on 7 May. The end period of salary you are claiming should be between 7 march to 6th May. So if you work it backwards you have to claim the preriod between May07 to Apr 08> I hope it answers your question.
shubi81 wrote:Hi , I'll be applying for Tier1 in 1st week of May from within India . Can I show payslips from March ,07 to Feb,08 . Pls let me know urgently , else I need to apply by April end

Thanks
Shubi

krishna186

Post by krishna186 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:01 am

All,

Is there anyone who' s case is same or similar as below and has go the approval.

1. Applied from UK and is to change Work Permit to TIER 1
2. Is deputed to UK from India on WP visa and working for a large Indian Software firm
3. Is paid salary in India in INR ( INDIAN RUPEES )
4. Is PAID ALLOWANCES in UK In POUNDS

I need to find out what are the timescales to get approval from HO in such cases and also need to check if the EMPLOYER would be contacted to verify the allowance or salary details ?

Response at the earliest would help
Cheers,

sankar

Post by sankar » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:25 am

Hi Shubi / sidshekhar,
The salary slip should be for 12 continuously months within last 15 months from the day you apply.

So, Shubi can show salary slip from March 2007 till Feb 2008. There is no problem. But you have to apply before May2008 (if you want to show salary slip till Feb2008). I hope you are clear.

Regards.
sidshekhar wrote:The salary your are claiming should be immediate 12 months beofre your application. for example if you are applying on 7 May. The end period of salary you are claiming should be between 7 march to 6th May. So if you work it backwards you have to claim the preriod between May07 to Apr 08> I hope it answers your question.

Thanks
Shubi

KrisCross
Newly Registered

Post by KrisCross » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Dear All,

I'am in UK on WP with an indian company from July 2007 and i will have to go back by June End. I'am trying frantically to understand and collect all the needed docs so that i can apply for tier 1 before that. I have some doubts and request your help in clarifying them urgently.

I have only 10 months earnings in UK from 17 th July 07 which is not sufficient for qualifying. So i have to show June's and intial July india pay and use uplift caluclator which when added to the UK pay makes me eligible which i understand from the board is perfectly ok.

Righ now my dilemma is my indian bank is ICICI,Bangalore and as of now i only have a soft copy of the bank statement available online. So if i take a printout of thie June,July bank statement along with corresponding signed indian payslip from UK HR will that be enough?If not does calling ICICI bank UK call centre help for getting a duplicate hard copy?

I really appreciate all the informative posts and help provided by fellow boarders esp Urgent,Abhishek,Ashraya and hope those who have shown both india and UK pay for Tier -1 can share the details how they proceeded in getting duplicate bank statements.

All the best for those who are waiting for their results..

Thanks
Kris

krishna186

Post by krishna186 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:16 pm

Dear Kriscross,

If you are leaving UK in June end and want to consider july as well for your 12 months earning, you would need to apply from India after the period of your 12 months ( after July in your case ) , so there is no need to rush now. Also remember the rules are different when you apply from India.

Cheers,

KrisCross
Newly Registered

Post by KrisCross » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi Krishna186,

Thanks for your reply. Let me clarify my position.

Period showing for earnings section: June 2007 to April 2008
gross India Pay: June 2007 - July 16 2007 - xxxxxx INR
Gross UK Pay: July 17 2007 - April 2008 - xxxxx GBP

When i calculated my UK pay alone is not suffcient for qualifying so i have to show India Pay of June 2007 - Jul 16 2007 which after uplifting on the self assesment tool along with UK pay makes me eligible.

So i need to arrange for June 2007 and July 2007 ICICI bank statements as proof for which i wanted to know the process. I am planning to apply from UK in another 2 weeks. Please advice.

Thanks
kris

kh7200
Newly Registered

Post by kh7200 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:52 pm

From WP to Tier1

Application: April 22nd (Royal mail special delivery)
Payment Processed: April 24th
Reference no received: April 26th
Decision: Waiting..

Hope the decision will be of good news

KH7200

krishna186

Post by krishna186 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:05 pm

HI Kriscross,

You have to apply in UK BAND and cannot uplift your Indian salary. Also if use your May2007 salary in India as well if that helps. You would need ICICI bank statements stamped and signed by the banl which can collected from any ICICI bank branch in India over the counter and they charge Rs. 112 for the same.

Cheers

shilpigoel

Post by shilpigoel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi,

I am applying HSMP Tier1 this week but need Cover Letter format. Can anybody post cover letter here or mail me at jeetu2k@gmail.com.

one more thing, in tier-1 we dont need to show address proof, and current assignment/ In hand offer details??

Pls mail cover letter and other letter at given address.

KrisCross
Newly Registered

Post by KrisCross » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi Krishna186,

Thanks for the clarification. Is it allowed by the bank for one's parents or friends to collect the bank statements printouts on your behalf as i'am in UK i won't be able to collect them personally. How did you arrange the same?
Also in self assessment tool for previous earnings section , i entered my indian salary for ther period when i was living and earning in india showing country as india and then made another entry separately for UK pay showing the country as UK.
And My indian salary did automatically get uplifted by the tool.

So i think its ok to use upliftment ratio for the period you were working in india. Can other seniors plz confirm i'am right on this?

Cheers
Kris

krishna186

Post by krishna186 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi Kris,

I got it sent by courier from India by my relative. YOu may call ICICI and ask for a statement to be sent for the period you want. They woud send it to your address in India after which someone else may courier it to you. It takes 3 days to get ot in UK from India .

Cheers

kaushal316

Post by kaushal316 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:20 pm

KrisCross,

Ask your relative in India to carry following authorization letter to ICICI bank signed by you.
Kaushal Trivedi
C-302, Gokul Nagari 2,
Thakur Village, Kandivli (E),
Mumbai 400101

April 1, 2008
Branch Manager,
ICICI Bank
Thakur Village, Kandivli (E)
Mumbai 400101

Reference: Issue of account statement for account no. XXXXXXXXXXXX from 01 Jan, 08 to 31 March, 08.
Dear Sir/Madam:
Kindly issue bank account statement for my account number XXXXXXXXXXXX for the period 01 Jan, 08 to 31 March, 08.
Please debit the necessary charges from my account no: XXXXXXXXXXXX.
Please hand over the account statement to the bearer of this letter, my father Mr. Girish Trivedi.

Thank you for your assistance.

Kaushal Triivedi
Cheers
Kaushal

kaushal316

Post by kaushal316 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:23 pm

With reference to my previous reply, insist that you need statement on paper with ICICI logo. Else they may issue statement on a blank paper.

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:24 pm

Hi Sankar,
Thanks for ur reply . Yes I knew that I can show any 12 consecutive months payslip within last 15 months , so I was a bit surprised on sidsekhar's reply !
Neways , so I have to apply within 30th May 08 to show payslips from March,07 to Feb,08 ...right ??

Could you pls confirm my set of documents below :--

Age --20 points -- Original passport (no date of birth certificate)
Qualification --30 -- Original degree certificate (no transcripts of semesters)
Previous earnings--40 -- Stamped & signed e-payslips,bank statements for March 07 to Feb 08
English language -- 10 --original IELTS result(even my college is recognised in BIA Self assessment tool)
Maintenance fund --10 -- Online Savings bank A/c statements for Feb,March,april

Thanks
Shubi

sankar wrote:Hi Shubi / sidshekhar,
The salary slip should be for 12 continuously months within last 15 months from the day you apply.

So, Shubi can show salary slip from March 2007 till Feb 2008. There is no problem. But you have to apply before May2008 (if you want to show salary slip till Feb2008). I hope you are clear.

Regards.

Thanks
Shubi

abhishekagrawal79

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi KrisCross,

You can definetly use combination of salaries earned in different country. So you are correct in uplifting your indian salary for those two months The only catch in it is that you should be in India for those months for which you are using the uplift ratio. So in your case if you were in India you can go ahead.

Also for the bank statement, authorization letter may or may not help. Better would be ask them to send the statement on bank stationary (if its on plane paper then it needs to be stamped and duly signed) to you address and somebody can courier you here. ( I did the same )

Hope this helps,
Abhishek
KrisCross wrote:Hi Krishna186,

Thanks for the clarification. Is it allowed by the bank for one's parents or friends to collect the bank statements printouts on your behalf as i'am in UK i won't be able to collect them personally. How did you arrange the same?
Also in self assessment tool for previous earnings section , i entered my indian salary for ther period when i was living and earning in india showing country as india and then made another entry separately for UK pay showing the country as UK.
And My indian salary did automatically get uplifted by the tool.

So i think its ok to use upliftment ratio for the period you were working in india. Can other seniors plz confirm i'am right on this?

Cheers
Kris

KrisCross
Newly Registered

Post by KrisCross » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:47 pm

Thanks Kaushal,Krishna,Abhisekh for your valuable replies.

Abhishek,

Its relieving to know for sure that my earnings when i was working in india will get uplifted as i came to UK after Jul 15th 2007 only.I noticed that one can request for duplicate physical copies of bank statements through online account to be send to my india address. So i will put a service request for the period and also will drop a mail to branch manager for sending the same on proper bank stationery.Hope that will settle it and meanwhile i have few doubts in filling the section 3a -> J6 and 3a -> J7 :(

for J6 since i need to show 2 months india and remaining 10 months UK pay for the period 01/06/2007 to 30/04/2008 do i need to make split the period like
start date: 01/06/2007 end date: 14/07/2007 (india pay)
start date: 15/07/2007 end date: 30/04/2008 (UK pay)

OR

one entry for the entire period will do since in J7 anyways i think i need to make two entries for different country of earnings though my source of earnings is the same indian company.Also for J7 indian entry i will be providing the Earnings in Pounds value as india pay * Exchange rate alone and not the uplifted value. Kindly confirm.

I also have to piece together a covering letter for the previous earnings section to state clearly my earnings in 2 different countries. I would really helpful if any of you who have applied for Tier 1 showing X months India Salary alone + Y months UK pay alone could share a sample covering letter for the same.

Thanks a lot Friends
Kris

sidshekhar

Post by sidshekhar » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Sorry for the mistake. I misinterpreted the guidance notes. I applied based on that understanding. Sorry again..
shubi81 wrote:Hi Sankar,
Thanks for ur reply . Yes I knew that I can show any 12 consecutive months payslip within last 15 months , so I was a bit surprised on sidsekhar's reply !
Neways , so I have to apply within 30th May 08 to show payslips from March,07 to Feb,08 ...right ??

Previous earnings--40 -- Stamped & signed e-payslips,bank statements for March 07 to Feb 08
English language -- 10 --original IELTS result(even my college is recognised in BIA Self assessment tool)

Thanks
Shubi

Regards.

Thanks
Shubi

abhishekagrawal79

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:39 pm

Hi Kris,

As far as I think, You do not need to split the time period in J6 as this section is for if there is a gap in your earning period. example if your claim period is from jan to dec but you were not working in aug, so your claim period would be from Jan to jul and the from sept to dec.

Abhishek
KrisCross wrote:Thanks Kaushal,Krishna,Abhisekh for your valuable replies.

Abhishek,

Its relieving to know for sure that my earnings when i was working in india will get uplifted as i came to UK after Jul 15th 2007 only.I noticed that one can request for duplicate physical copies of bank statements through online account to be send to my india address. So i will put a service request for the period and also will drop a mail to branch manager for sending the same on proper bank stationery.Hope that will settle it and meanwhile i have few doubts in filling the section 3a -> J6 and 3a -> J7 :(

for J6 since i need to show 2 months india and remaining 10 months UK pay for the period 01/06/2007 to 30/04/2008 do i need to make split the period like
start date: 01/06/2007 end date: 14/07/2007 (india pay)
start date: 15/07/2007 end date: 30/04/2008 (UK pay)

OR

one entry for the entire period will do since in J7 anyways i think i need to make two entries for different country of earnings though my source of earnings is the same indian company.Also for J7 indian entry i will be providing the Earnings in Pounds value as india pay * Exchange rate alone and not the uplifted value. Kindly confirm.

I also have to piece together a covering letter for the previous earnings section to state clearly my earnings in 2 different countries. I would really helpful if any of you who have applied for Tier 1 showing X months India Salary alone + Y months UK pay alone could share a sample covering letter for the same.

Thanks a lot Friends
Kris

arunkumarprs

Prorata Calculation

Post by arunkumarprs » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:50 pm

Hi all
I’m in total mess with my previous earnings. Can some one please help me out if I can claim the points or not. I have listed down my case please examine them and let me know.

I work for an Indian company and currently I’m in UK for past 9 months.

Work History:
14-May-2007 to 22-Jul-2007 I was in India (3 Months)
23-Jul-2007 to 10-Dec2007 I was in UK (5 Months)
11-DEC-2007 to 20-Jan-2008 I was in India again (1 Month)
20-Jan-2008 to till date I’m in UK (3 Months)

If I consider from May2007 to Apr2008 (12 months) I have been in UK for 8 months and India for 4 months.

So this says that I should be applying in UK Band as I have spent most part of the year in UK.

Now coming to the earnings, as lot of us here, I get full India salary + UK Allowance during the period I was in UK. No P60, but I have signed payslips (both India and UK Allowance) and Bank Statement (Both India and UK)

If I add my UK Allowance and Indian Salary(without any upliftment) for the

Total for all 12 months I get GBP 21388.49
Total for 8 months spent in UK I get GBP 18389.71

Rule says that if my last 12 months earnings does not cover from a single country, Previous earnings would be calculated on a prorate bases on the country which I have spent most of the time. In my case since I have spent 8 months in UK I need to calculate the sum of earnings in these 8 months and divide it by 8 and multiply my 12….

If I do so then I will get (18389.71/8) * 12 = GBP 27584

If I don’t do prorate calculation I’m not getting my required 75 points.

Can anyone suggest me if my calculations and assumptions are right.

Please help me with this complex situation.

sankar

Post by sankar » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:16 am

Hi Subhi,
I would strongly suggest to follow the guidance document found under http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... sedsystem/

You have to read each bit of the document to get a clear picture what is expected. In fact I would clear you doubt...

All your docs are ok excpet Qualification. If ur university name is under BIA website, then also you have to provide original transcripts of semesters.

Thanks.
shubi81 wrote:Hi Sankar,

Thanks
Shubi

Regards.

Thanks
Shubi

abhishekagrawal79

Re: Prorata Calculation

Post by abhishekagrawal79 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:17 am

Arun,
Can you tell me where you red about the pro rata thing. because i just went through the guidence notes once again and found the below note...

The Assessing Officer will only consider actual earnings made. Earnings claimed will not be considered on a pro rata basis under any circumstances.

Abhishek
arunkumarprs wrote:Hi all
I’m in total mess with my previous earnings. Can some one please help me out if I can claim the points or not. I have listed down my case please examine them and let me know.

I work for an Indian company and currently I’m in UK for past 9 months.

Work History:
14-May-2007 to 22-Jul-2007 I was in India (3 Months)
23-Jul-2007 to 10-Dec2007 I was in UK (5 Months)
11-DEC-2007 to 20-Jan-2008 I was in India again (1 Month)
20-Jan-2008 to till date I’m in UK (3 Months)

If I consider from May2007 to Apr2008 (12 months) I have been in UK for 8 months and India for 4 months.

So this says that I should be applying in UK Band as I have spent most part of the year in UK.

Now coming to the earnings, as lot of us here, I get full India salary + UK Allowance during the period I was in UK. No P60, but I have signed payslips (both India and UK Allowance) and Bank Statement (Both India and UK)

If I add my UK Allowance and Indian Salary(without any upliftment) for the

Total for all 12 months I get GBP 21388.49
Total for 8 months spent in UK I get GBP 18389.71

Rule says that if my last 12 months earnings does not cover from a single country, Previous earnings would be calculated on a prorate bases on the country which I have spent most of the time. In my case since I have spent 8 months in UK I need to calculate the sum of earnings in these 8 months and divide it by 8 and multiply my 12….

If I do so then I will get (18389.71/8) * 12 = GBP 27584

If I don’t do prorate calculation I’m not getting my required 75 points.

Can anyone suggest me if my calculations and assumptions are right.

Please help me with this complex situation.